• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Ballot Banter #39
All Might VS Jotaro Kujo (My Hero Academia VS JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)- They talk about it again because Sam forgot they already did. Liam thinks it’s fun and gets the theme, though he also says All Might “pastes” Jotaro and Star Platinum.

Kabuto VS Shigaraki (Naruto VS My Hero Academia)- Liam suggests adding Mahito to turn it into a battle royale of “white-haired edgelords”. He doesn’t know who’d win between Kabuto and Shigaraki.

Pyro VS Bols (Team Fortress 2 VS Akame ga Kill)- They don’t know who Bols is. Liam loves the Pyro, and thinks it sounds great based on the connections. Sam thinks the required fire and lighting effects would be really expensive (Liam, in response, jokingly suggests setting the battle in the vacuum of space, and whoever gathers enough oxygen molecules to light a fire first wins).

Maxwell VS Timmy Turner (Scribblenauts VS The Fairly Oddparents)- Sam says it makes sense, and Timmy probably wins, which Liam and John both dispute. John wonders how Da Rules would apply. After a lengthy discussion about this, Sam says a fight that boils down to “the intricacies of fairy law” would be fun, and he and John both say they like the fight. Liam mentions that Maxwell can summon Superman, and John adds that he can make Superman invincible, making Sam fully change his mind and say Maxwell wins.

Tinkaton VS Poppy (Pokemon VS League of Legends)- John has seen it a lot ever since Tinkaton was introduced. Sam thinks it makes a lot of sense, and he wants more LoL in DB.

Makunouchi Ippo VS Joe Yabuki (Hajime no Ippo VS Ashita no Joe)- They like it. Liam has never read Ashita no Joe, but has heard it’s great. DevilArtemis wants to animate a boxing episode, according to Sam.

Rhino VS Aggron (Marvel VS Pokemon)- They don’t talk about the MU, just details about the Rhino as the character, and then Mary Jane’s introduction.

The Traveler VS Brother Nier (Genshin Impact VS NieR)- Sam doesn’t know much about NieR, but says this MU makes sense from what he knows about the characters. The others generally agree, with Erin pointing out that they share a voice actor.

Tenya Iida VS A-Train (My Hero Academia VS The Boys)- Liam likes it, pointing out how they’re speedsters who aren’t OP. He says Iida probably wins, which is good because “A-Train deserves to die” (Erin says she’s “sensing a pattern with characters from The Boys”).

Miss Fortune VS Red Monika (League of Legends VS Battle Chasers)- They’ve never heard of Battle Chasers. Sam says they look like the same character. Liam jokes that it’s gonna be the next battle after Galactus VS Unicron, and Sam responds that Miss Fortune is actually relevant right now because she’s doing good in competitive Teamfight Tactics.

Shirou Emiya VS Shido Itsuka (Fate VS Date A Live)- They don’t know Date A Live. John says that the first Fate character in DB should be either Shirou or Saber, since they’re the two main characters. Erin Googles Date A Live, and her description of it leads to Liam understanding the MU slightly more, but also some confusion around Date A Live's premise. Sam suggests doing a members-only series where they watch an episode of a series mentioned on Ballot Banter that they know nothing about.

Cody Travers VS Axel Stone (Final Fight VS Streets of Rage)- Liam says it “fucks”. Sam describes it as “we have Ken Masters at home: the Death Battle”, but Liam counters that Cody is canonically one of the strongest characters in the Street Fighter universe. John says he loves Cody’s story, and Liam says Axel is also pretty cool.

Walter White VS Tony Soprano (Breaking Bad VS The Sopranos)- Sam says it’s a Liam episode. Liam says he loves both shows and has advocated for this MU for a while.

The Phantom VS The Shadow- Sam thinks it makes sense, and would like to use footage from the 90s Phantom movie. However, he admits it’s “not very high on the list”.

Arceus VS Aslan (Pokemon VS The Chronicles of Narnia)- Liam and especially John both love it. Liam says that Aslan stomps, which the others agree with (Sam points out that he’s canonically the Judeo-Christian God).

Himura Kenshin VS Thorfinn Karlsefni (Rurouni Kenshin VS Vinland Saga)- Liam loves Vinland Saga. He explains the show’s premise, and how Thorfinn is similar to Kenshin in that they both start off as badass killers but learn to be pacifists. Sam says it makes sense based on that, but Liam says “it would just be them hugging it out”.

Rukia VS Shana (Bleach VS Shakugan no Shana)- Sam comments that they get less requests for Bleach MUs than you’d expect given how big it was. Liam has never heard of Shakugan no Shana, but understands the basic idea of the MU.

Ghetsis VS Monaca (Pokemon VS Danganronpa)- John explains that Monaca is the person who made all the different Monokuma variants. Sam initially assumes that Monaca wins based on this, but John points out that Ghetsis has Kyurem.

Lordgenome VS Lord Deus (Gurren Lagann VS Asura’s Wrath)- John is down for it because he loves any Gurren Lagann representation. Lordgenome is one of John’s favorite characters, and Liam also loves him, though he isn’t familiar with Deus.

First matchup for the next Ballot Banter is Batman VS Diluc (Dark Knights of Steel VS Genshin Impact).

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
It probably makes more sense for them to do 2B first. Since 2B is more popular than Nier or anyone else from the Drakengard/Nier universe.
maxresdefault.jpg

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Fireside chat

They wanna do more live action episodes, debated wether more comic street tiers or live action movies

Talked about how the previous ballot matches can be in s11, but they all sounded kinda hesitant and awkward

Chad hard pushed for Barbie in s11

Light Columbo is probably our next dbc

Ben really likes tmnts original run

OrlandoSky

Paramount
barbie got feats⁉️
Yeah fully composite Barbie is gonna be tricky given the whole point of her doll line is that she can be whatever and whoever the owner wants lol

Doing some quick google searching of her straight to dvd movies she’s apparently been an acrobat, a secret agent a futuristic skyboarding scientist and what appears to be a medieval magic user. :skully

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah fully composite Barbie is gonna be tricky given the whole point of her doll line is that she can be whatever and whoever the owner wants lol

Doing some quick google searching of her straight to dvd movies she’s apparently been an acrobat, a secret agent a futuristic skyboarding scientist and what appears to be a medieval magic user. :skully
and she has a universal feat

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Because the Kung-Fu Panda 4 trailer dropped,
here are the top 5 requests for Tai Lung:
-Death (Puss In Boots)
-Feng Wei (Tekken)
-Black Lion Warrior (Power Rangers)
-Azula (Avatar)
-Ryuga (Beyblade)

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Because the Kung-Fu Panda 4 trailer dropped,
here are the top 5 requests for Tai Lung:
-Death (Puss In Boots)
-Feng Wei (Tekken)
-Black Lion Warrior (Power Rangers)
-Azula (Avatar)
-Ryuga (Beyblade)
What I find amusing about the trailer, is that it legit shows him coming back, just to get his Ki stolen again and get murked by the new villain. Doubt he has any scenes in the movie beyond that. Man's getting worfed worse than Vegeta. :mjlol

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
The fact that even Vash is gonna be high balled to Universe level 💀
Universe level is the new planet level for versus niggas looking to fap their fav character. It's almost comical that it only started happening after Dragon Ball Super dropped the Goku and Beerus clash and basically broke the community. It's like all these niggas were like, "Well, if Dragon Ball is getting it, then my pet verse should totally get it too!" common sense be damned, and lack of credible feats be damned. They gonna fap as hard as they need to, all day, every day, in order to justify that char or chars being on that level. :mjlol

The fact that even Vash is gonna be high balled to Universe level 💀

Universe level is the new planet level for versus niggas looking to fap their fav character. It's almost comical that it only started happening after Dragon Ball Super dropped the Goku and Beerus clash and basically broke the community. It's like all these niggas were like, "Well, if Dragon Ball is getting it, then my pet verse should totally get it too!" common sense be damned, and lack of credible feats be damned. They gonna fap as hard as they need to, all day, every day, in order to justify that char or chars being on that level. :mjlol

Both of yall need to understand that this ain’t new. These Universal+ Feats were always brought up by wankers since before Super. NarutoForums’ OBD was infamously conservative compared to other anime forums and such.

ComicVine wanking Itachi to Universe Level above Galactus, Super Buu beating Living Tribunal in MovieCodec, etc etc

Problem is that shit like VsBattle Forums’ Dimensional Tiering and bullshit scailing made it acceptable for making “Irrelevant Speed” and “6-D Level” was just enough for Google+ Refugees to wank their favorite characters. The term “Outlier” became unpopular here too.

So it ended up with every single fucker around not even acknowledging outliers and powerscailing out the ass without recognizing feats.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Both of yall need to understand that this ain’t new. These Universal+ Feats were always brought up by wankers since before Super. NarutoForums’ OBD was infamously conservative compared to other anime forums and such.

ComicVine wanking Itachi to Universe Level above Galactus, Super Buu beating Living Tribunal in MovieCodec, etc etc

Problem is that shit like VsBattle Forums’ Dimensional Tiering and bullshit scailing made it acceptable for making “Irrelevant Speed” and “6-D Level” was just enough for Google+ Refugees to wank their favorite characters. The term “Outlier” became unpopular here too.

So it ended up with every single fucker around not even acknowledging outliers and powerscailing out the ass without recognizing feats.
Nigga, I know this shit existed before Super, but to deny that it ramped the fuck up after it, would be disingenuous. I was there, and even VSBW was more conservative pre-Super. After Goku and Beerus though? The wank ramped up from a 2 to a 10 with various pet verses, almost as if on cue, such as God of War, DMC, etc.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Derp right

shit it's honestly disgusting especially when we started in this hobby being universal was some rare shit

Nowadays hell it's the common test if x character ain't universal he ain't shit for fucks sakes galaxy busting ain't even shit these days and before it was enough to stomp most niggas

Back