• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Maddie

Acclaimed
I'm back

Transformers gonna be needing W
back to back Ls be crazy
Hotrod vs Invincible and Soundwave vs Octavia will do the trick

Also I really want the Celestial Toymaker vs Mr. Mxy after The Giggle. Mediocre episode due to the end I hear but it feels perfect. Here is the Toymaker, for reference:

Also has a chance to show how insane Doctor Who's cosmology is because it's the only other mainstream verse that can (legitimately, 40k wank doesn't count) match DC/Marvel

The cosmology is infinitely dimensional:

She would never have a clear memory of the feelings that followed - feelings that the human body was never meant to experience and with which the human mind was ever meant to cope. Intellectually, she knew that she was merely rotating through the extradimensional axis that three-dimensional beings do all the time - the three dimensions plus Time that we know being only three-plus-Time of an infinite dimensional set - without even knowing it.
~Bernice Summerfield, the Infernal Nexus

There is a common misconception, incidentally, that a different dimensional set is the same thing as another world. This simply isn't so. Dimensions are indeed involved, but in the same way that one can point in the general direction of the United States of America from the Republic of Ireland, but it is as impossible to actually do anything with dimensions as it is to cross the North Atlantic on foot.
~Bernice Summerfield, the Infernal Nexus

There is a higher order infinite number of universes with different forms of physics, each universe having their own infinite parallel dimension universes:
Paraward, we find a sheath of histories which are either eternally separate from our own anchored time or which diverge and return to it so far in the past, or so far in the future, as to be – functionally – eternally separate from it in terms of the noospheres of the Great Houses. The physical laws of these universes are identical to ours, but all else is different. We call these paraward space-time entities ‘parallel worlds’.

Alterward, we find those histories which divert, at crucial or innocuous moments alike, from ours. Here are the worlds where a toe goes unstubbed, or a vital battle is lost, where the five hundred and eleventh hair on a sloth in the forest has gone grey in one world, and white in another. Many (perhaps most of these) rejoin the main anchored universe as their micro-changes fall away into quantum uncertainty. When the million sloths are dead and decomposing, what effect will the colour of one hair have had? A few (the mathematics contains several high order infinities, so the number itself may be high) do not appear to rejoin, either eternally leading outside the ‘time-space’ horizon approachable by a normal time-ship, or curving back in closed loops longer than our normal ships can reach, beyond the futures we can access. We call these alterward space-time entities ‘alternate worlds’.'

~
The Brakespeare Voyage

And the Time Vortex is infinitely leveled
Imagine, if you will, a vortex. A really powerful vortex that drags into itself anything that comes into its trajectory. A vortex made up of an infinite number of well, levels for want of a better description. And if they seem to diminish as they get towards the bottom of the vortex, rest assured, it’s an illusion. For this vortex has no bottom. It is, being constructed of chronon energy, and thus temporal in nature, endless. Eternal. Bottomless, topless, middleless. It is neither linear not multifaceted in existence. It is completely unique and is, theoretically, situated at the centre of creation. Of course, in a multiverse that expands exponentially and is unfixed and infinite in nature, a ‘centre’ is a theoretical and practical impossibility For millennia, scholars have tried to fathom the true nature of what they have come to refer to as ‘The Spiral’. They have failed because, of course, they cannot tell whether each time they examine the Spiral they are seeing it exponentially or randomly.

~The Spiral Scratch

The guardians are at the pinnacle of the cosmology described above:

Elektra and Prometheus may have been gods, but there were greater gods. Beings at the very pinnacle of existence, at the summit of the cosmic hierarchy.

~The Quantum Archangel

They are beings that can do anything in the Omniverse

'There are some powers in the omniverse that can do anything. The Guardians, for example. The only things that bind them are codes of conduct, civil laws designed to give sentient races some means of maintaining a stable existence. I sometimes wonder if that's the reason the Time Lords are so introverted. . . they've bargained with creatures who could pull the arms off spiral galaxies.'

~
No Future

Said omniverse is connected to Marvel (Look at the bottom panel in the middle, there is Spiderman)

mbqdkxquy3eb1.jpg

The Toymaker is one of them, the Crystal Guardian, and in fact he can fuck with the others quite well:

TOYMAKER: Moments like these are a joy, when someone thinks they can outwit the maker of the games. Do you think a grand total of two can cause me to shiver when I've played against the Guardians of Time and Space and shrank them into voodoo dolls? Name your challenge, Doctor.

I still feel Mxy would win, but I legitimately like this matchup

the-toymaker-vs-mr-myxlplyx-doctor-who-vs-dc-comics-5th-v0-j1jod9pme5ub1.png

Last edited:

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Liam wants to do Lucifer VS Beyonder apparently
Late on this. But with characters on that scale but I prefer Molecule Man vs Doctor Manhattan. Feels like there are more connections there (I've heard they originally got their powers in a similar way).

Owen probably stomps (I know Doc Manhattan got a massive amp from Rebirth, but it's hard to beat "Omniverse in a Box" lol) but I could see some good dialogue between the two and there being some fun with both characters trying to manipulate the very narrative of the fight while it's happening.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I like how half the verdict was "Ultimate Nullifier GG" but Galactus didn't win with it in the actual fight animation.
I think they went with it because it was a more thematically fitting way for Galactus to win. Similarly Obito nabbed most of the wincons because of Kamui bfr but in the animation he won with IT+head bonk

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Late on this. But with characters on that scale but I prefer Molecule Man vs Doctor Manhattan. Feels like there are more connections there (I've heard they originally got their powers in a similar way).

Owen probably stomps (I know Doc Manhattan got a massive amp from Rebirth, but it's hard to beat "Omniverse in a Box" lol) but I could see some good dialogue between the two and there being some fun with both characters trying to manipulate the very narrative of the fight while it's happening.
I get ya but MM is too unknown to normies more than beyonder

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
I get ya but MM is too unknown to normies more than beyonder
Out of all 4 of them I think Doc Manhattan is the most known, really. So I think his name recognition could carry the matchup to be fair.

Though I understand people want him to fight some weird version of Nixon? I'd think MM would at least be less obscure than an AU Nixon but who knows, I guess...

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
I'm back

Hotrod vs Invincible and Soundwave vs Octavia will do the trick

Also I really want the Celestial Toymaker vs Mr. Mxy after The Giggle. Mediocre episode due to the end I hear but it feels perfect. Here is the Toymaker, for reference:

Also has a chance to show how insane Doctor Who's cosmology is because it's the only other mainstream verse that can (legitimately, 40k wank doesn't count) match DC/Marvel

The cosmology is infinitely dimensional:

There is a higher order infinite number of universes with different forms of physics, each universe having their own infinite parallel dimension universes:

And the Time Vortex is infinitely leveled

The guardians are at the pinnacle of the cosmology described above:

They are beings that can do anything in the Omniverse

Said omniverse is connected to Marvel (Look at the bottom panel in the middle, there is Spiderman)

mbqdkxquy3eb1.jpg

The Toymaker is one of them, the Crystal Guardian, and in fact he can fuck with the others quite well:

I still feel Mxy would win, but I legitimately like this matchup

the-toymaker-vs-mr-myxlplyx-doctor-who-vs-dc-comics-5th-v0-j1jod9pme5ub1.png

I enjoyed The Giggle, personally. And yeah, i'd second this. Seems like a fun matchup to me.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Out of all 4 of them I think Doc Manhattan is the most known, really. So I think his name recognition could carry the matchup to be fair.

Though I understand people want him to fight some weird version of Nixon? I'd think MM would at least be less obscure than an AU Nixon but who knows, I guess...
Really speaking can't say I be interested nor do I see Doc M being a big enough to carry a lesser Known capeshit character and a weird ass version of Nixon

Maddie

Acclaimed
df9gqh9-4fa85df4-f760-43a4-8088-53812b8fe9d6.png

Arguably a better matchup than GBvRF but Wakfu is forever stuck in a Catch22 situation where it needs exposure to be more well known but it won't get exposure because it's not well known enough

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Oh and @Maddie The Giggle actually gives Celestial Toymaker some cool off-screen feats he mentions to The Doctor. Big one being defeating the Guardians of Time and shrinking them into Voodoo dolls

As well as some more minor (comparatively lol) but still cool ones like toying with Supernovas, turning Galaxies into Spin Tops, turning an unknown "God" into a Jack-in-the-Box, and trapping The Master in his Gold Tooth

Back