• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Untitled420_20240105021838.png

OrlandoSky

Paramount
After noticing Killua VS Misaka is the 2nd lowest viewed episode in DB history (2nd only to Macho Man VS Kool Aid Man) I was curious about what was Killua's most popular match-ups (before Killsaka was announced this year) to see if the low numbers were due to Toaru's lack of popularity or if Misaka in general was just an out of nowhere match-up for him.
Pz66Udv.png

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
After noticing Killua VS Misaka is the 2nd lowest viewed episode in DB history (2nd only to Macho Man VS Kool Aid Man) I was curious about what was Killua's most popular match-ups (before Killsaka was announced this year) to see if the low numbers were due to Toaru's lack of popularity or if Misaka in general was just an out of nowhere match-up for him.
Pz66Udv.png
What ur take from this then
It seems while she been an old request mu for him barely eeking out Black star Akame was far ahead the most requested among the normie sphere and Toaru popularity over the years fading out massively in the states

OrlandoSky

Paramount
What ur take from this then
It seems while she been an old request mu for him barely eeking out Black star Akame was far ahead the most requested among the normie sphere and Toaru popularity over the years fading out massively in the states
I myself haven't watched Toaru or Akame ga Kill, but I think it was partially because they saw Misaka as the closest match-up for him there and another part they wanted to test out the engagement for Toaru characters (since Accelerator was brought up in the past) and being paired with Killua who is the most fan favorite of HXH which is one of the most currently popular shonen animes in the west (when Togashi isn't on break) they thought the views were probably going to be a safe bet to test out regardless. I think they did something similar with Gray/Esdeath where that was in part to test out response for an AGK character with FT which is also globally very popular instead of pitting Gray with a character that people actually frequently requested and has more thematic ties with.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Gray/Esdeath where that was in part to test out response for an AGK character with FT which is also globally very popular instead of pitting Gray with a character they people actually frequently requested and has more thematic ties with
Gray didn't have anyone at the time that wasn't just ice tbf
All ya got was Aokoji,Hitsugaya and shit
Esdeath was like the only reason folks gave a shit about AGK
Iirc the episode did decently view wise

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Gray didn't have anyone at the time that wasn't just ice tbf
All ya got was Aokoji,Hitsugaya and shit
Esdeath was like the only reason folks gave a shit about AGK
Iirc the episode did decently view wise
I don't think it did bad, 2.6M viewership is fine for S7, where the average views were 2-4 Million. The stand outs being (Flash/Sonic at 5M, Obi-Wan/Kakashi at 6M and Hulk/Broly breaking above and beyond into 9M). But it was in the lower tier of views for that season in terms of views it's at 16 out of 21, it's the sixth least viewed but still above (She-Ra/Wonder Woman, Batgirl/Spider-Gwen, Black Canary/Sindel, Sabrewulf/Jon Talbain, Red/Blue) all of which were in the 2 millions so they were all relatively average for that season.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Here are the list of views of Season 10 (keep in mind obviously s10 is still fresh so the views will inevitably rise as time goes on but I think it's safe to say the view rankings will remain relatively stagnant at least)
1bAZ8jU.png

✨#1✨ Gojo VS Makima (3,694,250)
#2 Goku VS Superman 3 (3,290,555)
#3 Frieza VS Megatron (2,813,614)
#4 Darth Vader VS Obito Uchiha (2,689,320)
#5 Rick Sanchez VS The Doctor (2,539,886)
#6 Bill Cipher VS Discord (2,476,290)
#7 Dragonborn VS Chosen Undead (2,352,189)
#8 Scooby-Doo VS Courage the Cowardly Dog (2,223,954)
#9 Galactus VS Unicron (2,053,714)
#10 Ant-Man VS Atom (2,045,617)
#11 Stitch VS Rocket Raccoon (1,965,982)
#12 Phoenix VS Raven (1,931,741)
#13 Martian Manhunter VS Silver Surfer (1,847,273)
#14 Guts VS Dimitri (1,676,394)
#15 Cole MacGrath VS Alex Mercer (1,649,810)
💩LAST PLACE💩 Killua VS Misaka (1,326,522)

Will probably do this for the other seasons too

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I don't think it did bad, 2.6M viewership is fine for S7, where the average views were 2-4 Million. The stand outs being (Flash/Sonic at 5M, Obi-Wan/Kakashi at 6M and Hulk/Broly breaking above and beyond into 9M). But it was in the lower tier of views for that season in terms of views it's at 16 out of 21, it's the sixth least viewed but still above (She-Ra/Wonder Woman, Batgirl/Spider-Gwen, Black Canary/Sindel, Sabrewulf/Jon Talbain, Red/Blue) all of which were in the 2 millions so they were all relatively average for that season.
Beerus vs Galaxia was 3.9 Mil before Toei pulled a copyright on them

Back