• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Unranked Archived Fairy Tail Mafia - The Dawn of Fiore [Main Game Thread] (Game Ended - Zeref Dragneel and Acnologia have won the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Wayne

Illustrious
I think it's pretty clear that your statement was not originally intended to be a general statement at all, you were in fact very specific in regards to what you thought I was putting effort into, so now I'm going to need you to explain how you got from there to here, in a way that isn't just you blatantly moving the goal posts.

I don't see a contradiction

Me claiming you look invested and then

Ratchet

Establishing position can be done without being overly pedantic, you're kinda conflating it here.
Sure it can, but in this case, he used a term that expresses a strong scum read when describing a null one, hence why I asked him about it, at the risk of pedantry. The two terms are very much justified in their conflation here.
Which is what makes that one post stand out, it looks strange.
I don't really follow - I just explained that there was value in getting something out of him because it forces him to commit to a direction that he can then be held to and read from, even if the reasoning behind it isn't completely sound. I wasn't motivated by seeing his reasoning, I was motivated by drawing something useful from him. You've yet to establish why this is strange.
If this is true, then this site is in a very sad state... Still a powerwolf could use this info as a pretext to push lynches onto low activity players.
Sure they could, but that's not really relevant to your point here. You were initially trying to present my focus on coasters as something to the benefit of scum given the volume of scum wins on this site. I explained that scum have had a tendency to coast to victory here, and instead of using this information to re-evaluate your point, you find some other, unrelated tangent to maintain some sort of foothold within the argument. Your argument strikes me as being made in bad faith, given this.

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
JW not being a coaster this game is such a rare sight and I like it. Does start to remind me of ToG.

I also showed ignored content for a page and Kobe is handling himself rather well. I remember him getting more aggressive in past scum games when accused.

Ratchet is rather tame as well, though. Not sure what to make of that yet. In his recent Town games he was more aggro when having to deal with accusations as well.

Unvote.

Ratchet

I don't see a contradiction

Me claiming you look invested and then
Me claiming you look invested and then saying I'd be worried what you'd look like if you'd be even more invested is not a contradiction
Now you're just being silly. Your original point was to say if Town Ratchet would be as invested as I have been in trying to make people believe my town and scum game are indistinct from one another. I've just pulled up the quote showing exactly that. You're not trying to claim that your original statement was meant to be a general statement regarding my investment. I think it very clearly was not, hence the contradiction (because you defended your statement earlier by claiming it was a general statement). However, even if I concede that it was intended to be a general statement, in context it makes no sense. You used my supposed investment as an argument to explain your scum read, if I'm to believe this was a general statement, then your argument becomes "would town ratchet be this invested". Obviously I would be, you've seen me invested as town a multitude of times. So, again, reconcile this please.

Ratchet

HxH, YGO, Greek Mythology

and Kiseki/Weebs where you were host to read my line of thought. That is plenty.
Okay, so 3 completed games. I barely read the thread for Weebs, so that can be dismissed. Kiseki I'll give you, so I'll correct it to 4 games (maybe DBZ, so 5?). It's not a lot of games, but if I had to defend my argument it's that as scum you tend to be less forthcoming with reasoning and arguments, which I feel is in line with your play here.

Ratchet

Now you're just being silly. Your original point was to say if Town Ratchet would be as invested as I have been in trying to make people believe my town and scum game are indistinct from one another. I've just pulled up the quote showing exactly that. You're now trying to claim that your original statement was meant to be a general statement regarding my investment. I think it very clearly was not, hence the contradiction (because you defended your statement earlier by claiming it was a general statement). However, even if I concede that it was intended to be a general statement, in context it makes no sense. You used my supposed investment as an argument to explain your scum read, if I'm to believe this was a general statement, then your argument becomes "would town ratchet be this invested". Obviously I would be, you've seen me invested as town a multitude of times. So, again, reconcile this please.
Typo fixed (not > now)

Kobe

Paramount
Okay, so 3 completed games. I barely read the thread for Weebs, so that can be dismissed. Kiseki I'll give you, so I'll correct it to 4 games (maybe DBZ, so 5?). It's not a lot of games, but if I had to defend my argument it's that as scum you tend to be less forthcoming with reasoning and arguments, which I feel is in line with your play here.
That is more than what others can say. Maybe except Flower. But Flower is gonna be Flower. You don't need 100 games to know the tendencies. I play D1 same whether I'm scum or town, though. In fact, you will find that most of my votes in D1 are meme, or I choose not to vote. There are reasons of course, my enjoyment of the game being one.

Kobe

Paramount
JW not being a coaster this game is such a rare sight and I like it. Does start to remind me of ToG.

I also showed ignored content for a page and Kobe is handling himself rather well. I remember him getting more aggressive in past scum games when accused.

Ratchet is rather tame as well, though. Not sure what to make of that yet. In his recent Town games he was more aggro when having to deal with accusations as well.

Unvote.
Why are you ignoring me? ~_~

Ratchet

That is more than what others can say. Maybe except Flower. But Flower is gonna be Flower. You don't need 100 games to know the tendencies. I play D1 same whether I'm scum or town, though. In fact, you will find that most of my votes in D1 are meme, or I choose not to vote. There are reasons of course, my enjoyment of the game being one.
I suppose that's fair - though by acknowledging that you're mostly playing to meme around Day 1, I think you must then also concede that you're going to earn some degree of suspicion due to this. I'm satisfied this has ran its course though - for transparency I still have you at Null because I don't feel like this is anything more to read you from.

Vote: Xadlin

Any input regarding my interlocution with John Wayne, by the way? Given that you're here and all - I think it's pretty cut and dry, but I would say this anyway.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
Mangopangooo

No problem, just tell us if you're scum or not?
💣
I am town af
if youre town, make sure you check out the competition thread if you haven't done so already before leaving!
Competition thread?

You mean the box stuff?
Could just be me but I don't see that compelling a reason to vote Sworder from you here
Do I need a compelling reason?
:catbuff
If any better candidate appear I will give it thought.

I haven't really read much of the thread, but I'll look into it

If anyone don't mind giving a summary, it's most welcome. I am feeling dread reading 40 pages

The X

Marvelous
Good question - I don't really think it is worth anything. For one, 100+ posts in a Favourites game two years ago doesn't mean you were all that engaged anyway, given how long those games can last. I think it being 2 years ago is all the evidence you need for dismissing it, too.

I have a slight issue here, X. You earlier suggested to me that we shelve Flower, which I think is a good idea. I assumed that would work for you too - engaging with silliness like this is obviously not actually going to solve anything, it's like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to debunking the logic behind it.
I mean, I'm not giving it much energy, but when it comes to solving another slot, I an interested in what people will say about it.

The X

Marvelous
Does this mean you think his scum reads are worth pursuing then?
Well, it's multiball so I hope wolves are hunting wolves early here. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt that that the majority of the players are giving a legit effort to find scum right now. So I don't mind people buying into Magic's reads right now, but I'm wary of his reads coming from a wolf point of view.

The X

Marvelous
How many games have you been playing here to have such opinion? Strange take.
Huh?

I've seen town get mopped here in like, five games, including close back to back sweeps in the last two games (I prevented a sweep as an indie shooting a wolf last game).

The X

Marvelous
I see. If you want a reason, I did find your enthusiasm earlier questioning Magic slightly overcooked.

I'm kind of familiar with X playing twice as scummates with him, so his posts does feel nostalgic. Expecting him to drop Rainbow shit in late D2 with "100% town lock". Are you teammates, though? Hmm, probably not.
Except I do rainbow lists as any alignment. What's the point here?

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
💣
I am town af

Competition thread?

You mean the box stuff?

Do I need a compelling reason?
:catbuff
If any better candidate appear I will give it thought.

I haven't really read much of the thread, but I'll look into it

If anyone don't mind giving a summary, it's most welcome. I am feeling dread reading 40 pages
Sworder claimed Resurrector and that he can help people upgrade their roles. Wouldn't lynch there since flavour wise this doesn't fit any scum charas. Based solely on flavour spec, though. His role is dangerous for scum, though, so it's self resolving now anyway.

Else nothing mech wise was claimed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back