• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Fallout New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
ah lovely, did you see my post before?
Indeed I did. And it‘s time the day is less about me and other hot topic players and everyone brings sth to the table. Lethal has the habit of hiding as scum, too, so that‘s a good start.

TAT

Preeminent
Indeed I did. And it‘s time the day is less about me and other hot topic players and everyone brings sth to the table. Lethal has the habit of hiding as scum, too, so that‘s a good start.

Cant say I disagree and if it comes to EoD and Lethal is on offer, probably have no qualms lynching him

that said we can't analyse someone who hasn't posted

have you looked at Fujishiro at all?

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Cant say I disagree and if it comes to EoD and Lethal is on offer, probably have no qualms lynching him

that said we can't analyse someone who hasn't posted

have you looked at Fujishiro at all?
He‘s a solid null for me as well. I do think he would try making stronger posts as scum, though, but I don‘t get the feeling that he could be Town yet either. He also made some questionable posts like saying he never saw Gad being this relaxed before which I strongly disagree with as being chill and relaxed seems to be Gad‘s way of life.

Conclusion: He looks like he‘s here to make friends and doesn‘t butt heads with anyone yet. GTH leaning Indie/Serial on him.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
oh btw i know the flavour stuff is kinda w/e this early and I don't know Ultra's host tendencies but the theme does support multi-ball.
Well he did say flavor mattered in this game.
In the game there are three main factions you can choose to side with - NCR, Caesar's Legion, and Mr House. There's also a fourth option, Yes Man, which I would imagine would be indy.
You can't really *join* the Legion in the actual game. A lot of their quest stuff and faction content was removed from the game due to the rushed release and it took fan restoration to add it back as a mod in the game. That said yeah:

- New California Republic
- Caesar's Legion
- Mr House
- Brotherhood of Steel

I guess you can count the "Yes Man"/Tops as well but whatever. There's also the various tribes of raiders, survivors, Rangers, and others like Vault-Tech people too. So there's that.

House - Indy (probably survivor)
Legion - Scum
BoS - ??? Town? Indy neutral?
Raiders in general - scum
While NV keeps some grey areas in terms of 'good vs bad guys' I imagine if there is only one scum faction, it'll be Caesar's Legion - in which case I guess NCR would be town and Mr House would be SK using his securitrons.
From House's viewpoint, both the NCR and Legion are bad, just not in the same degree.
I'd guess the above is the most likely scenario, but it'd be quite easy to just make two of the three factions scum (although I'm not sure who the second faction would be as it depends on your perspective.
Yeah that's possible.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Also disclaimer don't know if the Brotherhood is confirmed yet but flavor wise I wanted to throw them in there

Grammaton

Consigliere

You can't really *join* the Legion in the actual game. A lot of their quest stuff and faction content was removed from the game due to the rushed release and it took fan restoration to add it back as a mod in the game. That said yeah:

- Caesar's Legion
- Mr House
- Brotherhood of Steel

I guess you can count the "Yes Man"/Tops as well but whatever. There's also the various tribes of raiders, survivors, Rangers, and others like Vault-Tech people too. So there's that.

Legion - Scum

From House's viewpoint, both the NCR and Legion are bad, just not in the same degree.

Yeah that's possible.

Very nice

Anything game related to share?

Dalton

Distinguished
I could also understand why Peggy felt that way about your first post, because it could be seen as you being a bit self conscious into being one of the first posters.

Except I don't know what post 78 is.
@Black Pegged Dragon, this one.
If she's scum D1, she tends to lean more into stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense, but more importantly, she crumbles fairly quickly under any pressure. Scum Flower is usually okay getting lost in the sauce and talking in circles.
I know this was already said but i quoted it so fuck it - she's absolutely crumbled under pressure D1 and has repeatedly said its time to focus on other people - which I wouldn't consider to be keeping her composure.

Even when she said she'd "claim so we could move on from this" it was incorrectly interpreted as her having a power role when instead she was clearly just hoping that she'd claim and then we'd move onto the next person.

Not a fan.

- Caesar's Legion
- Mr House
- Brotherhood of Steel

Legion - Scum

Yeah that's possible.
Can you really not fight the Battle of Hoover Damn round 2 (or whatever they call it) with the Legion? I've never completed a playthrough where I tried to side with them because they're the closest to a true evil faction and I don't tend to play those in RPGs.

I know a lot of content was cut but I thought you could still end with them.

Anyway, I don't think BoS will be a factor in this game - I forget if they were even in the game, and if they were, it was only a minor role. There are more than enough other characters in NV that you wouldn't need to use the BoS.

I don't think we'll have Raiders either just because there aren't any significant raider 'characters' to use for scum and if Ultra said flavour matters, I think that would be reason enough to avoid it.

I wouldn't be surprised if both House and Yes Man are third parties. Your idea of House as a survivor rather than SK is actually interesting for obvious lore-based reasons.

Dalton

Distinguished
On a different note, last time Aurelian went big on flavour, he was scum (Elden Ring)

unless I'm thinking of SK

TAT

Preeminent
Aurelian has not really made any waves early on

looks like an easy way to make it seem like he has

Gaddamnit

NYC Pizza is better than Neopolitan fite me
Pronouns
He/Him
He also made some questionable posts like saying he never saw Gad being this relaxed before which I strongly disagree with as being chill and relaxed seems to be Gad‘s way of life.
Hakuna matataaaa babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Very nice

Anything game related to share?
Yeah, the whole CP/Psychic thing was weird. You can look back but I did say it was odd she threw out such an early town read on CP when he made his normal intro post in the game start. Kind of stopped paying attention to the SK vs X/BPD argument to be honest, not vibing much from Flower and Tweet either. I like TAT's energy, pretty active right from the onset so gonna place that as a soft town lean so far. Tweet hasn't said much either, just initially a generic intro post and then a quick vote at me, need to double check anything else he's said, Ekko is being Ekko and same with T-Pein.

Not a lot of detailed reads to work with so far.

Anyway to break it down for general ambigious as fuck feels:

- Ekko (null)
- Flower (slight scum lean)
- Fujishiro (slight town lean)
- Psychic (null)
- CP (null)
- T-Pein (null)
- BPD (slight town lean)
- SK (slight town lean)
- you (null)
- Gad (no fucking idea)
- TAT (town lean)
- Ratchet (null, always have a strong confusion when trying to read him)
- Phen0m (null/scum lean, don't trust him)
- RDK (null/only has 1 post)
- Chadwick (null, no idea with this guy)
- Tweet (null, started with early game read, switched his vote up a few times, didn't like the auto town lean from him for SK just off the latters activity tho coming that easily)

On a different note, last time Aurelian went big on flavour, he was scum (Elden Ring)

unless I'm thinking of SK
Yeah that's fine but nah, seems odd you would engage in fluff discussion and see that as weird when the host's OP post says flavor/lore is fully engaged in the game. And your whole spiel on it. Also you were scum with PHEN0M, Doddsy, SK, Big Guy, and Poyser in that game as the Golden Order too. Feels like a weird angle shot to bring it up tbh. Not sweating it either way, just curious about it. Don't think its a big deal either way.

Can you really not fight the Battle of Hoover Damn round 2 (or whatever they call it) with the Legion? I've never completed a playthrough where I tried to side with them because they're the closest to a true evil faction and I don't tend to play those in RPGs.
As I said before you can take part in the second Battle of Hoover Dam but the actual original content and multiple factions including joining the Legion were cut from the game on release; most of what your talking about is restoration patches and mods implemented into it. You as the Courier can join the NCR, Tops/Yes Man, and BoS iirc. But I'm not 100% on this since its been like 5 years since I did my last playthrough on NV.
I know a lot of content was cut but I thought you could still end with them.
Yeah not denying it.
Anyway, I don't think BoS will be a factor in this game - I forget if they were even in the game, and if they were, it was only a minor role. There are more than enough other characters in NV that you wouldn't need to use the BoS.
Like I said I'm not sure, its day 1 and in the game, the BoS still had a prominent role in it after House and the NCR as a joinable faction.
I don't think we'll have Raiders either just because there aren't any significant raider 'characters' to use for scum and if Ultra said flavour matters, I think that would be reason enough to avoid it.
I think this is jumping the gun. Raiders are pretty prominently the normal most common enemies you face in 3, NV, and 4, so they might be just regular scum goons or something, hard to say but I wouldn't discount it.
I wouldn't be surprised if both House and Yes Man are third parties. Your idea of House as a survivor rather than SK is actually interesting for obvious lore-based reasons.
Yeah its potentially lore/flavor based but like I said earlier, I'm only questionably venturing into that because of the Host's OP about flavor and character claims. Its not solid enough indication to be absolutely certain of it.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
I wouldn't mind lynching Fang if all he posts today is flavour talk since it seems like filler posting which looks more like scum Fang. But I disagree with Dalton's "Bray Wyatt" take on SK. This is how SK always talks. Not sure why this is weird to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back