• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Fallout New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Apologies for the absurd inactivity on my part, I have just had no time whatsoever.

I've practically read none of the game, so I'm probably just gonna try start fresh-ish.

Am I correct that Gram has claimed inno child and has been confirmed by Ultra? Or has he claimed and not been confirmed?

Also I saw someone mention that Flower specificalyl called Psychic indy and not scum, is that correct?

Also for the sake of other people's PoE's, I was the bomber this phase
Any particular reason you used it now of all times?

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I maintain that Ekko was pretty egregious in his defence of Psychic. I don't really see a good reason for it - there is a reasonable chance he was just simping after her (unironically actually) but I still think it requires some explanation. That said, I'm having a difficult time seeing a clear scum motivation for it, because they'd be more than happy to see the Serial go over.

Probaly going to go with T-Pein for today I think, it's Day 3 and I don't recall much of note from him, certainly not to excuse his Day 1.

Vote Lynch: T-Pein

So I've just been looking through the ISO of Chadwick, and I can't say there is much to be impressed about.

As thread entrances go, it's not terrible, though it is absent of any real direction. Tweet seemed to think it was pretty bad (though in a way that others would find scummy, not him), but I don't share that sentiment.

The quotes for the above are broken - there isn't anything of real note there, and this is all in the early part of the game, but again it must be stressed there is absolutely no direction being given here.

We can say this is his first real post of the game. I don't mind the conclusions, though notably I think he's hedgy when it comes to giving a town read. I will need to check further context to see if anyone mentioned Fuji before this - if not I think he gets a few more town points for providing something original.

He is less hedgy here, which is good.

This is pretty interesting, because a stance like this gives me the expectation he would be playing in a way that would allow him to develop strong reads. I have not seen this so far, and the rest of his content doesn't really support it either. From a scum perspective, it could be a good excuse to allow him to not tunnel a player. Obviously if town he's just not active enough.

For my liking, there is too much defence of what should be a weak town lean on Dragon. He could simply cite that he's given his opinion and moved on - I actually think it looks good for BPD if Chadwick is scum, because the read quite plausibly just comes from having TMI then.

This is some pretty weak shade - he doesn't bring up the posts or explain why. He does follow up a little bit later on, which makes me feel a little bit better about it, but I don't get the impression he is really hunting scum with this.

Mostly fluff, and asinine to boot - of course reads develop over the game, it's how Mafia worked 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago...

Fluff again, this time towards CP - I want to nitpick a bit and say it doesn't fel like he's talking to someone he suspects here, but that's mostly conjecture on my part.
Fluff, it doesn't add anything to this game.

I think that this is a pretty weak read, it's worded very vaguely too which doesn't help, but I don't feel like any of it is all that worth noting. The first thought that came to mind actually was distancing, but I don't hold a scum read on CP (nor town either, he's just sort of there for me). In any case, this doesn't come across as a genuine thought process, rather just latching onto something he can frame as being a bit scummy. CP, glancing over the next few pages from here, seemed to completely ignore it too.

Excusing activity. NAI by itself, but he does it a lot.

This is fine, just including it for completion.

Given that TAT died, this could be interesting. I think his reads are half-baked and shallow, especially for someone who aims to lock them in Day 1, and if I can confirm that CP never followed up with him, I'm surprised he's willing to let his one scum read go so easily.

I like this in isolation, as it attempts to pull something out of Alco.

Won't hold it against anyone for joining the Lethal wagon, but the reasoning given doesn't seem relevant to me, and the fact he feels the need to add one on raises some alarm bells.

Fluff.

I can't help but note he has joined both wagons without really needing to, and both times he has either given a reason that isn't relevant for alignment or gives him an excuse to move off if the wind turns, again, none of this resembles to me a player who is looking to play an aggressive early game. Which he would need to for his endgame reads post to stand.

Will see how this goes, it's once again another activity excuse.

In conclusion, I think he looks like scum treading water and trying to coast on by until later in the game. I'd be willing to vote here today (I'm also fine with my current vote on T-Pein).
really uninspired by all of these pushes tbdean, the t-pein cop clear aside
We really need to stop rushing these day phases. Can we have 48h today or at least 40?
you say this and yet your direction is to sheep ratchet on a guy who hasn't posted anything except that he hasn't read anything, so what are you even expecting to get there? this is how you wanna use the time?
I don't think we should look at Phenom at all tbh.

I'd personally go RDK (now Rugrat) or Flower based off yesterday, but both claimed VT iirc, so that's kind of annoying.
vibing with alco, hope he isn't pocketing me again reeee
Hmmmm, probably still CP as a Town lean, even though he didn‘t do much aside from the Psychic thing. One of the stronger scum reads on Psychic I want to revisit. But I can see how her behaviour could have made him feel how he claims, so he could be Town. Didn‘t like him telling Phenom to Vig me EoD, though. Generally very slight Town lean.

Gad is another Town lean. The way he claimed for no reason and keeps drawing attention to himself just makes me think he‘s too careless to be scum here.

Chadwick could be scum. Ratchet‘s case sold me on it and he isn‘t defending himself from that either, really.

Then there‘s the Ekko Pein dynamic this game which is a lot less harmonious, so I think they‘re not Town together here. Leaning Pein for the scum here. But Ekko also fell off.

Have more reads. Gonna post a better list later this day phase.
I caught scum off of one post for like the third time in my short time on this forum lol

t-pein is copped town. so you should want to lynch ekko now right?
Btw didn’t flay have dalton second on his descending list?

Surely that’s the direction to go

Vote dalton
he town or gf

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
the RDK slot does feel like probable scum but I'm gonna give Rugrat time to bed in

pretty sure flower already claimed vt so don't think I'll vote there rn since we have like 40 hours or some shit but she is my preferred lynch for the day

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
ratchet probably back to null for me but don't think it's super likely that he and flower would be scum together

Alco

Distinguished
Flower stonks also plummeting, it's been a while since she's uttered a game-related thought I could buy as genuine
See, you've made a couple of posts in a row there that I agree with, so why can't we just get along :hogansun

Fuji's re-entry in the thread was awful and Flower made one post that triggered me negatively, but I have to get it back cause I forgot to quote it :slip

Alco

Distinguished
Its called different timezones lmao.

Well, truth be told I missed most of day 1 so I mostly looked at the voters in Lethals Wagon and tried to link them to anything Ive seen early that left any sort of impression on me or just the votes on lethal themselves and their reasoning and I gotta say I dont like Craig Pelton because he seemed to be just there early on and pushed hard for Psychic only to sheep the votes on Lethal. He didnt seem to want to go for Lethal so could be TMI here. Depending on Psychic's flip she could either clear him due to his earlier push or further make him sus for me.

I town lean Flower, Doddsy for the same reason and thats because they both were treating Lethal like he was likely to flip scum from their posts, didnt feel like they had TMI.

I have a slight scum lean on someone else but I would like to see how the game progresses before making up my mind.
Psychic's flipped so what do you think about CP now? You didn't address this in the slightest today even though you had chances to do so.

Ratchet

really uninspired by all of these pushes tbdean, the t-pein cop clear aside
What is your PoE looking like, then? I've seen your claim and I accept it, and I think T-Pein is probably town as a result (given that he insisted he wouldn't be lynched this game), can shelve Dalton too for now, so then where next?

I guess Rugrat? You'll say Flower, but that's not a lynch I prefer today.

Ratchet

I don't really see Ultra including an ability like Bomber to provide a fake clear but the existance of that role would imply we have a high degree of vote manipulation in play, which I haven't seen much evidence of so far either. Lean Town on Doddsy I suppose, but I think Tweet's point was pretty good (just don't think it would apply here due to the host).

Alco

Distinguished
I don't really see Ultra including an ability like Bomber to provide a fake clear but the existance of that role would imply we have a high degree of vote manipulation in play, which I haven't seen much evidence of so far either. Lean Town on Doddsy I suppose, but I think Tweet's point was pretty good (just don't think it would apply here due to the host).
given how last game turned out, I'd say it's NAI at best, tbh.

Doddsy did say he'd start playing as if this was a new game, so I'm excited to see what he'll bring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back