• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Fallout New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
The Gravedigger angle is weak btw. It‘s not always a scum role, so why is Ekko not just claiming that if he‘s scum?

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
So I have an issue here.

I'm 2x Busdriver, 1x Lightning Rod. The description of my Lightning Rod ability states that I redirect all active abilities towards me that night. I used it last night. So when I saw Phenm claim throwaway results, I felt pretty confident he was scum. Then you claim to have received a gift, when it should have gone to me.

-I don't believe my action was blockable. It's a lightning rod.
-My ability specifically states all active abilities. Unless Ultra is picking and choosing which ones to send, it doesn't really make much sense.
-The fact there was no death supports a kill that was protected against.
-Enslaved, however, appears to be some sort of scum ability. By rights, that also should have redirected to me.

What do I even do with this? I use an ability, and in true "role madness" fashion, it appears to do nothing.
ok so the reason why i replied to the bolded earlier is cuz im suffering a similar problem. i use an ability 3 nights and its not working

but fuji now confirms that it works, if i am to belive him

so does ur lightning rod redirects literally everything? it did not redirect fooj and did not redirect me if hes saying the truth

maybe it only redirects negative actions?

Ratchet

Like, I think Phenom is just scum here. I don‘t see why anyone would block Ratchet there and not shoot Phenom when he claimed unprotectable and Ratchet was the only known counter to him. Why block Ratchet over anyone else here when they weren‘t going to shoot Phenom?

Alternatively Ratchet is just Phenom‘s scum mate and bussing which should make Phenom just scum here in any case.
How many times do I need to explain that my ability, *as per Ultra*, would not be prevented via a block?
Copy
Hide
Bus Drive - This is where Lightning Rod gets resolved.
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect
So how then did nothing happen? Comprende? There is more to this than just "Ratchet was blocked".

Ratchet

ok so the reason why i replied to the bolded earlier is cuz im suffering a similar problem. i use an ability 3 nights and its not working

but fuji now confirms that it works, if i am to belive him

so does ur lightning rod redirects literally everything? it did not redirect fooj and did not redirect me if hes saying the truth

maybe it only redirects negative actions?
It explicitly states every active ability.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
How many times do I need to explain that my ability, *as per Ultra*, would not be prevented via a block?
So how then did nothing happen? Comprende? There is more to this than just "Ratchet was blocked".

What about rolecrush

Emil

V.I.P. Member
maybe their ability is immune to redirections? passives work first

i cannot confirm if i visited TAT or u. if i visited u last night my ability shud fail since u r alive

fuji says i visited TAT but i only got his word for it

inclined to belive it unless he just made an educated guess. his only options r TAT or psychic anyway. not a hard guess

if he has my role he can figure it out

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Ratchet can be legit, still, but that brings Fuji back into the PoE. Since, if he‘s a Roletracker he targetted Ratchet N2 and would have full role with the LR ability. I just see no reason for scum to block Ratchet over anyone else, if he‘s Town, unless they knew about that all.

If Ratchet is town and kekko is scum
He probably stole a busdrive from Psychic...

Emil

V.I.P. Member
It explicitly states every active ability.
then i shud have visited u not TAT
and fuji shud have visited u not me

maybe someone made ur actions the lowest on the priority processing order

i mean we also only got ur word for it sooo

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member

i cannot confirm if i visited TAT or u. if i visited u last night my ability shud fail since u r alive

inclined to belive it unless he just made an educated guess. his only options r TAT or psychic anyway. not a hard guess

This doesn‘t quite work because I also got a gift. Everyone‘s actions seemed to have worked.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
[Character Creation] At the start of the game, you decide what the courier’s build will be for the remainder of the game. From the skills below, you can choose 3 actives to carry with you. You must decide by Night 1:

[Guns] Once per game, you may modify your Serial Kill into a day kill.
[Energy Weapons] Once per game, you may modify your Serial Kill into a Janitored kill.
[Melee/Unarmed] Once per game, you may modify your Serial Kill into a Ninja.
[Explosives] Once per game, you may modify your Serial Kill into a Strongman kill.
[Science] You are a x1 Hacker - you can steal someone's investigation results for yourself
[Speech] Once per game, you may increase your vote power by 1.
[Lockpick] x1 Jailer
[Sneak] x1 Commute
[Survival] x1 Bus Driver
[Medicine] x1 Doctor
[Barter] x1 Redirect
[Repair] x1 Reload an x-shot ability

Ratchet

A passive would explain one ability. It wouldn't explain you, or Phenom, at a minimum.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
[Character Creation] At the start of the game, you decide what the courier’s build will be for the remainder of the game. From the skills below, you can choose 3 actives to carry with you. You must decide by Night 1:

[Guns] Once per game, you may modify your Serial Kill into a day kill.
[Energy Weapons] Once per game, you may modify your Serial Kill into a Janitored kill.
[Melee/Unarmed] Once per game, you may modify your Serial Kill into a Ninja.
[Explosives] Once per game, you may modify your Serial Kill into a Strongman kill.
[Science] You are a x1 Hacker - you can steal someone's investigation results for yourself
[Speech] Once per game, you may increase your vote power by 1.
[Lockpick] x1 Jailer
[Sneak] x1 Commute
[Survival] x1 Bus Driver
[Medicine] x1 Doctor
[Barter] x1 Redirect
[Repair] x1 Reload an x-shot ability

@Ratchet kekko jailed / commuted you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back