fate zero sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Goddamn, I never expected someone to basically rant about Fate/Zero here...

Well it's a good thing you did it here as I would have asked the mod to remove it from the Nasuverse Threads otherwise.
I won't disagree because I actually agree that Fate/Zero is a TERRIBLE introduction to Fate and hell, to Kinoku Nasu's world, in general(There's a reason why Nasu declared it to be "another timeline" as soon as the first volume was released and why he stated later on that the prequel to F/SN only has the barest of blueprints to Fate/Zero.

Saber's entire characterization in Fate/Zero is so absolutely out of character, Nasu has even stated you have to see this variant and the F/SN variant as "two different characters" despite the fact that's fundamentally impossible(So in the simple case, Nasu is saying that she's basically not even the same person). To put it in the most simple example possible:
Urobuchi never got Saber as a character until well after F/Z was completed. This is why she acts so chivalrous and "honor-bound" when that was not a major part of her character(She explicitly winced and didn't want to announce herself when Sasaki Kojirou introduced himself in UBW and when he told her he did it just out of his own reasons, she didn't do anything else). If anything, she's exactly someone Kiritsugu should like by how he's presented in the show: Someone who will do anything that it takes to win, even dirtying her hands and just ganking someone if she has to. She obviously won't go to the depths Kiritsugu would go but she absolutely would kill a Master if it's the way she has to win(Which makes sense as Garden of Avalon, which goes over how fucked her reign was in terms of everyone wanting to fuck her over, has stated... which came out before F/Z).
Hell, the entire point of Saber getting diminished as a person and as a king is meant to somehow get her to her F/SN characterization... when that makes no sense because in Saber's perspective, she's literally dreaming before she dies(Meaning the difference between F/Z and F/SN is literally NON-EXISTENT from her perspective) meaning she can literally just dismiss it as a dying nightmare and ignore all of it nor would change anything about herself in such a small difference of time.

Kiritsugu is even worse as the anime tries and desperately takes alot of the grime and ultimately how much of a child Kiritsugu is by trying to more or less portray him as a badass who just gets broken due to how fucked the world is(This is genuinely a huge part of the issues in the anime). The entire problem with Kiritsugu is that he's supposed to be a man who never grew out of the tragedy that happened out of his village and ended up adopting the worst aspects of what we see from EMIYA and Shirou's philosophy(Which came from him) and was so hollow, Saber explicitly stated the only thing he ever told her outright... was to destroy the Grail. The anime and LN, in trying to make Kiritsugu far more sympathetic than he is(F/SN has it to where it's heavily implied Kiritsugu truly did betray the Einzberns and Irisviel in a very cruel fashion vs. F/Z where it was just him using the Grail for his own wish behind Irisviel's back who most likely did know it already), completely misses the point of his character.

But it's actually Kotomine who gets it just as bad that most people ignore. The entire point of Heaven's Feel is that Kotomine knew virtually from the jump that he was born twisted and that he HATED the fact he was born twisted. Him going through everything he did was an attempt to try and go past his own nature but constantly failed to the point he just planned on killing himself and went to go see his wife one last time. She sees that he's broken as shit and basically kills herself(she was already ill) because she believed his grief in her death would show that he's a good man at heart... but his actual feelings(That he wanted to kill her himself) just completely broke him.
The key difference in alot of what we see of Kotomine in F/SN is a man who comes off like he enjoys being evil and revels in it... actually DESPISES IT AND HIMSELF and his entire point in wanting Angra Mainyu to be born is to ultimately get his question asked of "If someone is born evil, how would they react to it?". In F/Z, Kotomine is basically treated as if he never knew this fundamental part of his character, Gilgamesh has to basically force him to be evil, he enjoys being evil until suddenly he causes the Fire of Fuyuki where he suddenly just snaps into his F/SN side(or what Urobuchi believes it is) on a dime.

There is alot of things you can complain about with Fate/Zero because yeah, it's basically just missing the fundamental point of Kinoku Nasu's world just to be the "Bad Ending".
Nasu is worse than Urobutcher.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
story is based around masters having servants fight each other
the last servant standing wins
if the master dies the servant is considered to have lost and disappears
enemy master has a servant that was giving the MC's servant a hard time
MC just threatens to shoot the master instead
he wins
villain fills his building with traps if the MC attempts to enter and fight him
MC just plants c4 and blows it up
he wins
final villain is OP as shit and the only thing standing in way of the holy grail
MC also found out the holy grail is fucked
MC just orders his servant to blow it up
prevents the villain from winning
sounds like a win to me
nobody else thinks to solve the story like this

Yeah, I'm thinking he's based.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I fully believe the rumors that the Fate series was originally based on a World of Darkness campaign because Kiritsugu is the closest the franchise has ever gotten to a TTRPG player character in action :mjlol

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
literally just throwing out buzzwords in the hopes of getting reactions

bait used to be believable.

greenwater55

Banned Member
also the people who defend fate stay night or zero saying is realistic or deep or whatever are dumb is just a edgy emo pretentious 2deep4u garbage like every pile of shit anime, every anime who takes itself seriously are pretentious edgy garbage fate stay night and zero are the same thing also kiritsugu character backstory and ideals are fucking edgy dumb emo shit and garbage shirou survivors guilt and muh fire backstory are emo edgelord crawling in my skin piles of shit so fuck the fate franchise every anime game light novel visual novel and manga of this franchise are fucking horseshit and anyone who likes a single entry of this garbage are dumb

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
also the people who defend fate stay night or zero saying is realistic or deep or whatever are dumb is just a edgy emo pretentious 2deep4u garbage like every pile of shit anime, every anime who takes itself seriously are pretentious edgy garbage fate stay night and zero are the same thing also kiritsugu character backstory and ideals are fucking edgy dumb emo shit and garbage shirou survivors guilt and muh fire backstory are emo edgelord crawling in my skin piles of shit so fuck the fate franchise every anime game light novel visual novel and manga of this franchise are fucking horseshit and anyone who likes a single entry of this garbage are dumb
Bro cooking

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Bro cooking
let-him-cook-hol-up.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back