favorite posters on OLF so far

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
thinking of banning everyone who doesn't include me.

• Foolishness!
Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
but as for people who i haven't interacted with much on a personal level before the forum, @Ral @Nep Nep @The Hunter are all good ppl

and thus i become what i most hate, an unapologetic staff circlejerker :blobcry
this sort of thing tends to happen naturally. staff work daily, talk about a thing they're passionate about, and usually wind up chatting about more mundane (or interesting) life stuff. you can't help but get attached when you're in close quarters because you're actually getting to know people, their principles, what they stand for. and they're usually the same, or overlap, in some sort of way. sometimes it doesn't, though. so this can't necessarily be avoided. one way to avoid certain messes is making sure we're held under the same scrutiny and follow the rules because we should be on equal ground in that regard

and it's also the reason why i also always tried to encourage staff to chillax with members and just stay and make actual conversation with them. with kami, i encouraged that he drop by in threads instead of just show up whenever moderating was (sometimes not) needed. because it shows the members, who you represent, who you're supposed to fight for, that you're not just some robot meticulously looking over posts but actually hearing what people say, what their lives are like. it humanizes you, it closes the insanely large gap between members and stuff and prevents you being out of touch (it was a double-edged sword for kami because he tried to bond way, way too late and he was already painted as one of the The Tainted Ones)
which i should really do more of, it's just been a very busy beginning on OLF so far and my attention is divided on multiple things

but people respect you more, as a leader and a poster, if you make it known that you're genuinely interested in just sitting back and relaxing with them as opposed to power tripping

anyway tl;dr i've never faulted staff for getting attached
it's the checks and balances that other staff bring up that gets dismissed that is the issue

Back