• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Fiamma of the virgin right gets a visitor

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Nor would it make much sense for supposed planet-solar system level (as you said) beings being, well, relevant, when Aleister in his super Jesus form goes on to later fight Coronzon, who's a peer to Magic Gods who are still capable of destroying the world (which can't mean simply the planet unless you think Aleister's an idiot who didn't think to Big Bang Bomb them over and over again) even when nerfed.

Give me a bit and I'll find any quotes that I may be missing.
Why are you comparing Fiamma to Aleister when Aleister is way stronger than Fiamma and literally oneshots him :rock

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Why are you comparing Fiamma to Aleister when Aleister is way stronger than Fiamma and literally oneshots him :rock
I wasn't necessarily saying Fiamma is = Aleister per se, I was just stating that the being that he sources his power from should scale to much greater.

Besides, NT21 repeatedly uses the phrase "higher being" to describe Nephthys, Niang-Niang, Coronzon, Aiwass, and you guessed it, those four Archangels.

Meanwhile, Nephthys calmly interrupted. “Now, now, Niang-Niang. What are you even saying? You can’t call her a hairless ape when you can see that red hair on her head. And by her age, she’ll have some hair down below too.” “Eh? Down…below?” “Eh? Why do you look like someone who just saw the real murderer???” An awkward silence fell between the two higher beings. This introduced some unnecessary suspicions about Magic God Niang-Niang who had lived for at least a thousand years.

And for higher beings on the level of Aiwass and Coronzon, it was possible to create things like the baby Lilith and Qliphah Puzzle 545.

Lola spoke deeply while curled up in the fetal position and surrounded by sticky colors. At the same time, she sensed something with her sensory organs as a higher being. That Great Demon clenched her teeth and waited for her avatar’s pulse to calm.

But what about Great Demon Coronzon? To that sinister higher being, England was no more than one of her toys. She had used it when it would protect her, but if it lost its usefulness, she was more than willing to destroy the entire nation. That was the thought process of a demon with no fear of god.

One wielded a sword, one carried lily flowers, one protected an adventurer, and one guarded the gates of hell. All of a sudden, there were four of those winged higher beings.

It seems appropriate to say that they're all in the same general ballpark of strength rather than suggesting that those Archangels are infinitely weaker than the four other "higher beings" mentioned in that volume.

Also, we have no explicit explanation as to how Aleister beat him (the likely explanation is that Blasting Rod inherently hard counters the Holy Right given their fundamental mechanics), and even Aleister himself said that Fiamma could've been a genuine threat had he not limited himself to Christianity and all that jazz.

Last edited:

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Doesn't really matter anyway when Shura oneshots if top is right about him being multiversal.
He is, but this was less about his dc but about his speed. Dude is literally something like a quadrillion times ftl on low estimates. If Fiamma can actually ignore speed he could win. I remember even as far back as a decade ago peeps were claiming and I'm pretty sure the answer then is the same as now and thats him dying before he's ever able to process a thought

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
He is, but this was less about his dc but about his speed. Dude is literally something like a quadrillion times ftl on low estimates. If Fiamma can actually ignore speed he could win. I remember even as far back as a decade ago peeps were claiming and I'm pretty sure the answer then is the same as now and thats him dying before he's ever able to process a thought
Truth be told I don't think there's ever been a consensus on how that aspect of Fiamma's ability works across the fanbase (as it's noted as being a distinct property from physical distance between him and his opponent (via effectively teleporting onto the target) & ignoring physical strength giving it's super spatial cut/obliteration aspect) which is why I've brought it up here and there so it can actually be discussed in the To Aru thread, as you can probably guess from previous messages :hm

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I already posted the quotes.

HR can ignore speed.

It just won't on anyone above SS+ cause that's what's shown to break HR.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I already posted the quotes.

HR can ignore speed.

It just won't on anyone above SS+ cause that's what's shown to break HR.
>it can ignore speed but it doesn't work on people above a certain level of strength

:rock

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
>it can ignore speed but it doesn't work on people above a certain level of strength

:rock
yes, because it didn't work on IT, the book even says that HR was starting to fail because Fiamma was trying to output a level of power he didn't have.

At that rate, he would no longer be able to catch up. Fiamma was trying to release more power than was being supplied to him which effectively weakened him.

HR fails

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
yes, because it didn't work on IT, the book even says that HR was starting to fail because Fiamma was trying to output a level of power he didn't have.

HR fails
That happening at all just shows there's more to IT than meets the eye (which we already know), so it's not much of an anti feat.

And you know damn well that the IT is far beyond solar system level. We had this discussion already.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
That happening at all just shows there's more to IT than meets the eye (which we already know), so it's not much of an anti feat.

And you know damn well that the IT is far beyond solar system level. We had this discussion already.
There's a huge difference between solar system+ and universal.

What feats does Invisible Thing even have?

From what I remember there's scaring Fiamma, and destroying Alice's Gryphon.

The other two times it appears it's destroyed by Othinus and Aiwass.

It's basically just above fiamma. That's it.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
There's a huge difference between solar system+ and universal.

What feats does Invisible Thing even have?

From what I remember there's scaring Fiamma, and destroying Alice's Gryphon.

The other two times it appears it's destroyed by Othinus and Aiwass.

It's basically just above fiamma. That's it.
Which is exactly my point.

You agreed that Archangels are at least comparable to the Dainsleif calamities, yet you never addressed the fact that they'd need to withstand said replication of Othinus' destruction (and contribute to said destruction in terms of power at that) when it occurs.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Which is exactly my point.

You agreed that Archangels are at least comparable to the Dainsleif calamities, yet you never addressed the fact that they'd need to withstand said replication of Othinus' destruction (and contribute to said destruction in terms of power at that) when it occurs.
They don't... all we know is that from Othinus's words the presence of multiple calamities in the universe would destroy the universe and phases like she did or simply distort the world and cause an effect like angel fall.
Nothing there states they would survive, and nothing definitively says they'd even destroy the universe and also again we can't quantify what the fuck presence is so we don't know how many calamities it would take to actually destroy the universe.

I said that each archangel is probably equal to one calamity, not that one archangel is equal to all the calamities. OT 4 shows that the presence of one archangel in the universe would not destroy it or even the planet, and Mathers summoning all four of them is said only strained the planet to its breaking point, there presence didn't actually destroy the planet, them actually destroying the planet would require there spells, they couldn't do so with there mere presence.

nothing makes them universal at best you can just put them all at solar system+.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
They don't... all we know is that from Othinus's words the presence of multiple calamities in the universe would destroy the universe and phases like she did or simply distort the world and cause an effect like angel fall.
Nothing there states they would survive, and nothing definitively says they'd even destroy the universe and also again we can't quantify what the fuck presence is so we don't know how many calamities it would take to actually destroy the universe.

I said that each archangel is probably equal to one calamity, not that one archangel is equal to all the calamities. OT 4 shows that the presence of one archangel in the universe would not destroy it or even the planet, and Mathers summoning all four of them is said only strained the planet to its breaking point, there presence didn't actually destroy the planet, them actually destroying the planet would require there spells, they couldn't do so with there mere presence.

nothing makes them universal at best you can just put them all at solar system+.
You're over complicating this.

Archangels are equal to a calamity (like you said), and multiple calamities (specifically the collection of the ones that were already summoned when Othinus made that statement) can replicate Othinus' destruction.

Unless we want to say Othinus was lying or exaggerating about the raw power of the calamities...?

Either an effect like Angel Fall would occur due to one calamity appearing, or an effect similar to Othinus' destruction would occur due to multiple appearing.

The latter having a chance to happen at all still means they have to withstand that power since there's nothing suggesting that they're glass cannons.

And I have no idea why you're bringing up OT4 when that's a severely weakened Gabriel at that.

Last edited:
Back