• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Final Fantasy XIV Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
This is incorrect.

I pushed for you last game after I asked you for reads/to contribute and you did fuck all. So I said "ye, you can go".

Spastic.

no
you literally said "He did this last game and he did it this game therefore he is scum. "
Cringe.

Day 1 - Vote Count #2

Ratchet

Magic » Black Pegged Dragon > Aurelian > Black Pegged Dragon > None
Evans » T-Pein > CraigPelton
Lord Melkor » Magic
TSworder » Magic > None
CraigPelton » Evans > Aurelian > T-Pein > None > Aurelian > Black Pegged Dragon > T-Pein
Grammaton » Aurelian
Aurelian » Grammaton > None > Black Pegged Dragon
Black Pegged Dragon » Aurelain
RAEM » Black Pegged Dragon > T-Pein
Hans Tweetenberg » RAEM > None > Black Pegged Dragon
Ekkologix » CraigPelton
T-Pein » RAEM None
Odd » T-Pein
Xadlin » Odd > Black Pegged Dragon
Psychic » Aurelian > T-Pein > Magic

Aurelian - 2 (Grammaton, Black Pegged Dragon)
Black Pegged Dragon - 3 (Hans Tweetenberg, Xadlin, Aurelian)
T-Pein - 2 (Odd, CraigPelton)
CraigPelton - 2 (Ekkologix, Evans)
Magic - 1 (Psychic)

With 16 alive, it is 9 to lynch.
You have approximately 7.5 hours remaining.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Oh no, he’s saying that odd has ciaimed to be town (he has in like an exaggerated ‘you all accept I’m town right’ kind of way’

We only have 1 claim, which is Aurelian

:whatthe:

and xadlin is voting him for that?
kek.
I mean I guess

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Can we just lynch Aurelian please, he’s had literally all day to do something and he hasn’t bothered. Stop fucking around worrying about hypothetical good guy reads

his giving up thing he did to natalija was wack.
seemed manipulative.
idek why he did it since he has 3 votes?
:zilla6:

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
i wouldn't mind bpd or lethal.

im not really sure why odo is adverse to tpein either given cp's case i think that can be a promising lead.

:whatthe:

he has literally no case.
What is the case?
you throwing this out when BDP is getting heat is sus.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
I think Magic doesn't really want BPD to get lynched.

if BPD flips scum, how do you feel about T-Pein seeing the first post you quoted?

Also this is BS.
trying to connect me to BPD here as if he didn't give pretty much the whole thread town/null reads and not just me.
:whathekong

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
and CP as a very good player when saying that T-Pein is showing THE EXACT SAME META as he when he caught him as scum before, backs off after a vote and going to sleep then refuses to bring it up at all again?

Especially when T-Penis is a pretty terrible player, getting a wagon on him wouldn't be difficult.

That shit stinks.

I have no "scum meta"
fake news.
yall can never catch me properly so yall just day 1 and hoping to get lucky.
kinda sad....

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
here you go evans since you seem to have not really read my posts and are confused with my progression this game

made what I felt was a good case on him and went to sleep

this is all t-pein had to say in response to it

Magic reinforces he thinks Aurelian is scum, Gram disagrees with me on T-Pein

Then Magic says I might be right, all T-Pein says is "Cringe" and Magic drops it, don't think he ever picked it back up

I point out I don't think T-Pein and Aurelian are aligned

I explain why I feel like just letting gram have his aurelian lynch

but would still shoot t-pein if aurelian is town

literally nobody joined my t-pein wagon at all and t-pein barely acknowledged it himself and hasn't been around at all today so idk what you expected me to do today wrt t-pein besides park my vote which is kind of useless

evans saying you are fake pushing me is kinda cringe not gonna lie.
he wants to keep you lost imho.
maybe he is not a fan of your current direction which is on BPD

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
we shud vote cp, not BPD

aurelian or cp

Confused Britney Spears GIF

going hard at Aurelian all of the sudden?
thought he was a If he is -1 vote from getting lynched.
strong derailing attempt of the BPD wagon noted .

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
i dont scum read BPD nearly as much as craig. i have BPD more in null

also i dont have u as scum either, but ur lynch is the most informative one to help people move with their PoE

so its between my top scum read and the most informative lynch for me, aka cp and you

What information does Aurelian give?
What information does BPD give?

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
I'm just kind of confused is all. You said Tpein is wolf, you've caught him as wolf doing the exact same shit as he did as wolf before. You were shouting loudly wondering why no one else was seeing what you see. But then you kind of limp over and throw a vote on me because 'I usually find him as town much more comfortably'. Other than you saying my reads rubbed you the wrong way, which I clarified the exact reads I felt decent about (you never specifically mentioned what rubbed you the wrong way), I'm struggling to see how I'm the best vote right now. You saying we still have time left feels like an excuse.

You are just trying to move him to me.
self preservation much?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Okay time for Magic:
tpein signs up for every game, what made you think this game would be the exception?

if you really didn't think he was playing again wouldn't you have asked?

where was the due diligence evans?
Very early start of day 1 he presses on Evans for why he wants to get rid of T-Pein again.
lol doubtful. evans isn't thinking about wifom defenses of that nature(i.e. 'i just did it as scum why would i do it as town). not to mention it's an overall dumb defense to employ.
His response to Grammaton, basically calling out Evans was pinning for any sort of strategy just trying to lynch T-Pein.
faking early game motivation for scum is a lot harder than the rest of the game as there is nothing to work with, no established content to build off of, and so it's easy to come off as awkward.

if you disagree with all that then that's fine, but is there a wider point to it? do you think odo is scummy for saying tsworder looks different here? if it's all neutral then why dont you let it play out?
Magic's reply to BPD who was critiquing Grammaton standard for about 'player entrances' into the game's start. He does underpin this though with questioning why this was important or relevant for BPD's response to Grammaton and was fishing for the motive from him on it.
Okay so your base is that people shouldn't be solving in the first two pages?
Continuation of above but with Melkor.
without that busy work you'd have nothing to go off of. someone has to do something otherwise there's nothing driving content. do you disagree? your two opening stances in regards to what seems off to you is directed at two people that attempted to do something off relatively little. sure it can be chalked up to busy work, but again something has to drive the game.
After Melkor says this could basically be busywork with just making arbitrary reads and running with that.

I do agree that you have to provide reads, interactions, etc...to have an actual impact to help solve for the game and hunt scum but this seems a little bit 'to on the nose' for me with his response but I don't disagree with the premise here.
evans did you feel the need to say something unrelated to tpein btw?
Magic's response to Evans, again relating to T-Pein from the latter.
im comparing your reaction to being voted last game compared to this game.

last game you were entirely indifferent, called bpd a coward for not properly dueling you, stated you didn't if you were lynched day 1, and overall you came off as much more relaxed.

also reading early last game, if anyone is doing the exact same routine it's bpd lol. he once again just went after aurelian to start the game.
Magic's reply to me earlier during the Grammaton/BPD/me fight.
He says he's basing and contrasting how I was earlier in this game with being thrown off by BPD and not shrugging away his post and I'll admit I came off very tense and anxious as a response to what that chained into.

I do like his point about BPD though, he immediately started posting at me just as he did the last game's start. Kind of ironic.
ya but he's more prone to it than most. he can dig himself into a hole by standing his ground due to the way he perceives things playing out not exactly playing out what it's like in reality.

such as him attributing your push to bpd's one line or questioning if it's possible you two are working in a tandem effort against him.

overall i do see the divergence from his current play and defense compared to last game, but it might be related to other things.

what do you think of bpd?
Magic responding to Grammaton. He isn't blind to my past play and how I operate when under pressure or caught off guard but he is making the concentrated effort to compare and contrast to see what matches up and what doesn't. But here he also admits to there being other factors and variables influencing my response to those two that makes him hesitant with thinking I am playing as scum.
Why?

Tweet is probably town too.
Magic is confident both Raem and Tweet are town when Bird Boi wants to wagon either of them.
Not sure where this is coming from.
This is one of his more puzzling posts to me.
Not sure why he tagged me much less Craig, Grammaton, and Tweet about Melkor.
I don't think they interacted much either.
But I don't think this is the first game they've played together either.
Unsure what to make of it.
Raem is town.
Again asserting Rem is town.
Why? I don't struggle to read any of the wf players outside of cp.
Interesting that he specifically says he struggles out of the entire lot (Evans, Tweet, T-Pein, Grammaton, etc...) that only Craig is hard for him to read.
Why?
Why the town reads on cp and psychic?
Questioning why BPD has town read Craig and Psychic.
What is melkors scum game like ekko?

As I agree the scum read on me got weaker as it progressed instead of stronger. What he accused me of wasn't representative of my play at all.
Here he's replying and differing to Ekko about Melkor and his play style as scum. Again I think they played the Fairy Tail game together but outside of that I don't remember much. Magic does seem like the type of player who will ask advice a lot of time on players on another player if they aren't familiar with them, their ticks, tells, behavior, strategies, so I think this entire post is NAI.
Gamma, Tweet, raem, ekko are all my stronger town reads. I have Psychic and meĺkor as town leans, but I'm interested in how melkor follows up and need to ekkos posts.

Raem makes essentially vibe reads and tries to stick up.for what he sees as injustice a lot. He's defending aurelian in a similar vein he defended you as town in monster hunter mafia and felt that was unfair too. Also he reads on vibes which checks out with how I've seen him read players the last two games.
Magic's reply to T-Pein on his town list: I understand Grammaton and Ekko, I don't quite follow why he latched Tweet there and the same with Remchu/Raem. Don't know what changed with Melkor when he has several posts asking Ekko or others about how Melkor plays or what the real reason for leaning town for him, Psychic is also odd. He does clarify about Remchu and he was comparing his performance about sticking his neck out for me just like in the MHW game where he was the town cop and notes its consistent.
Do you think Aurelian is town?
Magic asking T-Pein if I'm town.
T-Pein responding he isn't interested in helping or lynching me.
as i just said probably still worth lynching because of the number of people coming to his defense is substantially higher than it would be if he was just town imo.

combine that with the raem wagon being a bit weird because even if you see his play as weird, if you think aurelian is town(which lots of those going for raem or sussing him do) then he basically decided to protect a townie and vote bpd for ??? reasons instead of just joining the aurelian wagon. combine that with saying we're bullying the guy and, while not having seen him as scum, that just doesn't really track as a great reason for a scum player to avoid the wagon.

in monster hunter on day 3 when everyone was voting hime or ekko he just decided to vote me based on his own intuition as well so again him just voting bpd checks out.
Magic's response to Grammaton:

Ignoring the unrelated bit about how WG vs NF players treat power roles and role claims in mafia meta, Magic reiterates that Raem/Remchu pushing and seeing BPD as scum was pretty in line with the past game when he was town. Not going with the main wagons caught between Hime and Ekko during the Tracker/Evans fiasco thing. He also points out this would be even more townie play from Raem based off past precedent when scum would be actively avoiding doing much to get them noticed in such a bold faced way.
sorry bpd too.

bpd game also seems highly mild from what i've seen. i should probably go look at the other game where odo caught aurelian in to cross compare his reaction to votes. tpein might have a valid point in regards to level of activity and defense aurelian is putting up being too high for him to be scum.
Forgot to quote the earlier post which is continuing on from Magic's reply to Evans and Craig I think. Either way here he's talking more about BPD's play style.
i think evans is town.

dont really like lethals read back. not read all of it thus far, but lacks lethal's typical town bite he has to it. like he's going after aurelian with what odo is giving him but isn't needlessly attacking him and calling him out for dumb shit, or what he thinks is dumb shit, as he tends to do while calling him trash.

i highly doubt anyone is going to have an appetite for a day 1 lethal lynch though so hopefully everyone just takes note of this instead.
Magic inserting his read that he has Evans as town.

Did notice this was one of the first time I've seen him talk about Lethal and him implying it felt forced with how Lethal recent activity was and was tracking oppurtunistically from earlier game defining events.

But he does make a specific point for other players to log Lethal's behavior for down the line.
why do you town read bpd and lethal?
Magic questioning Craig on giving earlier town reads for BPD and Lethal after he updated his reads list.
if cp is scum 2 of 3 of lethal/psychic/bpd then an inactive or something to tag along.

too bad i can't read cp very fell early on!

psychic's read back was good but the amount of town reads she got from it seem a bit off. lethal's read back also wasn't so great to warrant a town read i dont think.

this is just a thought i wanted to share because i recall cp shitting on us in mwh's dead qt for needlessly working against each other whereas these types of overlapping reads seem to be overtly working together however lethal had psychic as scum whereas cp had her as town.

this is just fun musings for now! if anyone wants to read back later and these people start flipping scum id look deeper into potential teammate equity!
This is one of Magic's more interesting posts and a big one:

- he entertains the idea that if Craig is scum he could be aligned with either of the three; BPD/Lethal/Psychic
- but again repeats that he struggles or can't read Craig at all like he mentioned earlier (is this a defense if his arguments fall to push Craig down the line or a wrong take?)
- Magic questions Psychic's total town reads she got in response highlighting it as suspicious and seems to slowly start to backtrack his earlier town leaning on her
- He bring up Craig again and compares to the MHW game about how scum were playing distance game from the start but this just rankles me though I can't really adequately articulate why, just seems kind of...weird

also, on top of this point, psychic calls cp perma-scum literally all the time and there was none of that this game. she hates having him around but even with the early pressure in regards to him saying she wasn't commenting but liking all she said was she was busy due to memorial day.

she didn't say cp was setting her up to be shaded by talking about her absence which id expect from her otherwise.
Magic post to Evans later on.

He continues with sort of corroding his earlier easier town lean on Psychic by talking about her play around and based with Craig when she was scum; he attributes this to him having caught or help get her lynched directly in two games. But he thinks its odd she doesn't seem as stressed out or anxious with him around but then I'm not sure where Magic goes with this by saying Craig wasn't prepping her eventual pressuring.

It does track from the above earlier post where Magic is more suspicious or guarded with Craig and Psychic specifically.

There were way more posts from Magic I could've added here but he has almost as many posts as me and Grammaton and I'm not going through nearly 200 posts. I do think Magic has been a lot more consistent in his approach and tactics as townie then he was as scum in the last game and unlike BPD, he hasn't anchored himself to any one or two players for safeguarding if he was a wolf.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Okay time for Magic:

Very early start of day 1 he presses on Evans for why he wants to get rid of T-Pein again.

His response to Grammaton, basically calling out Evans was pinning for any sort of strategy just trying to lynch T-Pein.

Magic's reply to BPD who was critiquing Grammaton standard for about 'player entrances' into the game's start. He does underpin this though with questioning why this was important or relevant for BPD's response to Grammaton and was fishing for the motive from him on it.

Continuation of above but with Melkor.

After Melkor says this could basically be busywork with just making arbitrary reads and running with that.

I do agree that you have to provide reads, interactions, etc...to have an actual impact to help solve for the game and hunt scum but this seems a little bit 'to on the nose' for me with his response but I don't disagree with the premise here.

Magic's response to Evans, again relating to T-Pein from the latter.

Magic's reply to me earlier during the Grammaton/BPD/me fight.
He says he's basing and contrasting how I was earlier in this game with being thrown off by BPD and not shrugging away his post and I'll admit I came off very tense and anxious as a response to what that chained into.

I do like his point about BPD though, he immediately started posting at me just as he did the last game's start. Kind of ironic.

Magic responding to Grammaton. He isn't blind to my past play and how I operate when under pressure or caught off guard but he is making the concentrated effort to compare and contrast to see what matches up and what doesn't. But here he also admits to there being other factors and variables influencing my response to those two that makes him hesitant with thinking I am playing as scum.

Magic is confident both Raem and Tweet are town when Bird Boi wants to wagon either of them.
Not sure where this is coming from.

This is one of his more puzzling posts to me.
Not sure why he tagged me much less Craig, Grammaton, and Tweet about Melkor.
I don't think they interacted much either.
But I don't think this is the first game they've played together either.
Unsure what to make of it.

Again asserting Rem is town.

Interesting that he specifically says he struggles out of the entire lot (Evans, Tweet, T-Pein, Grammaton, etc...) that only Craig is hard for him to read.
Why?

Questioning why BPD has town read Craig and Psychic.

Here he's replying and differing to Ekko about Melkor and his play style as scum. Again I think they played the Fairy Tail game together but outside of that I don't remember much. Magic does seem like the type of player who will ask advice a lot of time on players on another player if they aren't familiar with them, their ticks, tells, behavior, strategies, so I think this entire post is NAI.

Magic's reply to T-Pein on his town list: I understand Grammaton and Ekko, I don't quite follow why he latched Tweet there and the same with Remchu/Raem. Don't know what changed with Melkor when he has several posts asking Ekko or others about how Melkor plays or what the real reason for leaning town for him, Psychic is also odd. He does clarify about Remchu and he was comparing his performance about sticking his neck out for me just like in the MHW game where he was the town cop and notes its consistent.

Magic asking T-Pein if I'm town.
T-Pein responding he isn't interested in helping or lynching me.

Magic's response to Grammaton:

Ignoring the unrelated bit about how WG vs NF players treat power roles and role claims in mafia meta, Magic reiterates that Raem/Remchu pushing and seeing BPD as scum was pretty in line with the past game when he was town. Not going with the main wagons caught between Hime and Ekko during the Tracker/Evans fiasco thing. He also points out this would be even more townie play from Raem based off past precedent when scum would be actively avoiding doing much to get them noticed in such a bold faced way.

Forgot to quote the earlier post which is continuing on from Magic's reply to Evans and Craig I think. Either way here he's talking more about BPD's play style.

Magic inserting his read that he has Evans as town.

Did notice this was one of the first time I've seen him talk about Lethal and him implying it felt forced with how Lethal recent activity was and was tracking oppurtunistically from earlier game defining events.

But he does make a specific point for other players to log Lethal's behavior for down the line.

Magic questioning Craig on giving earlier town reads for BPD and Lethal after he updated his reads list.

This is one of Magic's more interesting posts and a big one:

- he entertains the idea that if Craig is scum he could be aligned with either of the three; BPD/Lethal/Psychic
- but again repeats that he struggles or can't read Craig at all like he mentioned earlier (is this a defense if his arguments fall to push Craig down the line or a wrong take?)
- Magic questions Psychic's total town reads she got in response highlighting it as suspicious and seems to slowly start to backtrack his earlier town leaning on her
- He bring up Craig again and compares to the MHW game about how scum were playing distance game from the start but this just rankles me though I can't really adequately articulate why, just seems kind of...weird

Magic post to Evans later on.

He continues with sort of corroding his earlier easier town lean on Psychic by talking about her play around and based with Craig when she was scum; he attributes this to him having caught or help get her lynched directly in two games. But he thinks its odd she doesn't seem as stressed out or anxious with him around but then I'm not sure where Magic goes with this by saying Craig wasn't prepping her eventual pressuring.

It does track from the above earlier post where Magic is more suspicious or guarded with Craig and Psychic specifically.

There were way more posts from Magic I could've added here but he has almost as many posts as me and Grammaton and I'm not going through nearly 200 posts. I do think Magic has been a lot more consistent in his approach and tactics as townie then he was as scum in the last game and unlike BPD, he hasn't anchored himself to any one or two players for safeguarding if he was a wolf.

This is an illustrative commentary, but where’s the conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back