• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Final Fantasy XIV Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethal

T.B.A
Well that was something.

Town column: Gram, Magic, Melkor, CP, Tweet
Gram been consistent with his drive on Fang; Magic good with questions; Melkor different approach to this game; CP is more in hope cos I can't wolf read him; Tweet actually taking action and not paper pushing.

Wolf column: Fang, Raem, Psychic
Fang with the abysmal overreaction to slight shade, then tripling down on the argument with Gram that did nothing but distract the game play; Raem blindly following along with Fang and the defending of him based on falsely represented bullying; Psychic done a shit ton of likes and reacts, yet hasn't done much if any towards the game state.

Wanna see more from Dragon and Evans to put them in a slot.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
@Ekkologix it's not exactly a POE but as it stands I wanna stabbystab Fang or Raem today. Fang because of how he kept gaslighting Gram and Raem because his contributions have been weak af. With both guys there's a few small points that speak towards them maaaaaaybe being town but then again I also think they got good teammate equity.
i dont think fang is "gaslighting". i think he is just worried that gram could be scum trying to paint him as scummy and lynch him

when fang is scum he town read the people pushing him iirc

i feel like he thinks gram is town but then he doesnt wanna town read someone tunneling him this much so he decides to scum read him so he isnt wrong later in case gram was scum

========

rem's contributions r on the weak side yes, but do u sense any ill agenda? like sus'iest thing i can feel from him is maybe a tmi read on fang (but i arrived at same read so idk). its just i remember rem does pocket as scum but this doesnt feel like he is gaining favor of fang and using him to push anything. also him having a scum list of 5 players doesnt help him as scum. need his reasoning for the reads rn cuz they r mostly lazy

do u town read everyone else? thoughts on cp?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
@Ekkologix nope, I feel pretty certain Aurelian is scum and likely won’t be moving

Outside of that, strongest town reads are on tweet and Sworder as it stands

I don’t want to say any more just yet.
when will u be able to share more?

could we have this by end of the day:

- if aurelian is town - where u go next?
- if aurelian is scum - where u go next?

im still 5 pages behind but we can try to solve beyond aurelian and if u wanna pivot to him later u can. i feel like day is being too stale on him

+ thoughts on cp pls

Grammaton

Consigliere
when will u be able to share more?

could we have this by end of the day:

- if aurelian is town - where u go next?
- if aurelian is scum - where u go next?

im still 5 pages behind but we can try to solve beyond aurelian and if u wanna pivot to him later u can. i feel like day is being too stale on him

+ thoughts on cp pls

I’ll share in good time, don’t worry

As for where next, I’ll weigh that up when I have the flip, not at the work through PoE stage yet and think the vast majority of players don’t have enough tangible evidence to go one way or another

Emil

V.I.P. Member
There’s something Aurelian did which I think you’re all disregarding:

This is a clear attempt to diffuse the wagon by hinting a big 3 role (cop, vig, watcher) - he leans into it again later with the ‘aw shucks, sure hope I don’t have to claim’ post

Then there’s the functionality of his role. He said that any scum role he sees will report back as a town adjacent equivalent - I think this is a very shaky claim as I find it likelier it’s an I’ll-conceived fake meant to remove the burden of ever giving incriminating results - I don’t see any reason ratchet gives such a pointless role
For reference

The sum of this is that it’s delivered in such a way as to not incriminate scum actions - I feel the more natural thought process if you are town drawing such an abomination of a role is to question wtf you’re supposed to do with it, not proudly puff your chest out and declare it a town power role (that gives misleading results)

???

gram thats what a voyer is. it gives u the types of abilities visiting ur target. it doesnt give u any hint at alignment. i feel like u have so much confidence talking about this when u shudnt even know what abilities scum have this game

think of it this way. if fang targets a player and that player was visited by a preventative or manipulative ability that nobody claims, then that player can be considered town (or indie) as they were mostly targeted by mafia. does this make sense? thats the best utility of a claimed voyeur. he will hardly catch a scum lying about usage, but he can atleast confirm townies being targeted by scum actions (unless u think scum targets themselves with roleblocks/redirections)

Grammaton

Consigliere
i dont think fang is "gaslighting". i think he is just worried that gram could be scum trying to paint him as scummy and lynch him

when fang is scum he town read the people pushing him iirc

i feel like he thinks gram is town but then he doesnt wanna town read someone tunneling him this much so he decides to scum read him so he isnt wrong later in case gram was scum

========

rem's contributions r on the weak side yes, but do u sense any ill agenda? like sus'iest thing i can feel from him is maybe a tmi read on fang (but i arrived at same read so idk). its just i remember rem does pocket as scum but this doesnt feel like he is gaining favor of fang and using him to push anything. also him having a scum list of 5 players doesnt help him as scum. need his reasoning for the reads rn cuz they r mostly lazy

do u town read everyone else? thoughts on cp?

except he’s painting everything I do as scummy and didn’t want to vote me in case I accused him of OMGUS, which has about 0% compatibility with anything you just said

Grammaton

Consigliere
gram thats what a voyer is. it gives u the types of abilities visiting ur target. it doesnt give u any hint at alignment. i feel like u have so much confidence talking about this when u shudnt even know what abilities scum have this game

think of it this way. if fang targets a player and that player was visited by a preventative or manipulative ability that nobody claims, then that player can be considered town (or indie) as they were mostly targeted by mafia. does this make sense? thats the best utility of a claimed voyeur. he will hardly catch a scum lying about usage, but he can atleast confirm townies being targeted by scum actions (unless u think scum targets themselves with roleblocks/redirections)

A voyeur tells you the actions used. It doesn’t replace ‘rolecop’ with ‘cop’, or ‘faction kill’ with ‘vig’

He literally can’t confirm anyone was targeted by a scum action because on his own words, he will only get ‘town’ results - did you read what he wrote?

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
I don't care if players have to claim because the game is won on play not you guys keeping your cards hidden.

Aurelian posts don't logically track and he so it isn't as easy to clear him just on that. His progressions are full of lies and him readjusting on new info as if thst was his stance all along(I.e. he didn't know odo voted before bpd and initially he kept saying odo only voted cause of bpd and then afterwards he said odo is an avowed liar cause he voted before bpd and that was scummy too). Someone that plays in this manner only will bury themselves further

Is he not playing a lot on this site? I thought some of the more experienced players would find a way to read him?

I expect a well designed game to punish players for extensive claiming. I can accept townie claiming to avoid lynch or if he caught a scum due to his role.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
A voyeur tells you the actions used. It doesn’t replace ‘rolecop’ with ‘cop’, or ‘faction kill’ with ‘vig’

He literally can’t confirm anyone was targeted by a scum action because on his own words, he will only get ‘town’ results - did you read what he wrote?
well, a voyer doesnt tell you "rolecop". atleast not how we do it

in fact, a voyer shouldnt tell u "cop" either

a voyer should only tell you: "Your target was visited by an investigative ability"

whether its a cop, track, rolecop etc.. the voyer wont tell u. ratchet has a custom version of abilities sometimes. i recall seeing this "townie version" modifier before (cant recall if its a ratchet game or not). honestly.. was it fang's game? cuz this means fang is faking the claim lol

==========

my point is, if fang voyer's you and obtain: "Your target is visited by a manipulative ability".. then nobody in thread claimed that ability, we can assume the user of that ability is scum and that u r town by extrapolation

scum wont claim all the abilities they have for obvious reasons as some of them will be rly scummy. they wud rather claim vanilla than claim redirecting u (specially if they town read u), so a voyer can confirm town players that way

the point about it being "townie version" need to be looked into. i have seen this before. do u remember if this was in a ratcher or fang game?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
except he’s painting everything I do as scummy and didn’t want to vote me in case I accused him of OMGUS, which has about 0% compatibility with anything you just said
ok last post on him (for now)
he didnt rly vote me and ultra that fast in traitors game

anyway im not fully sold on him being town so i can join that wagon. id like to look elsehwere a bit for now, particularly at cp. i think he is scum.

Just because he said one right thing doesn't mean I am supposed to give him a town clear...
My scum read is independent of any of that.
why do u scum read rem again pls?

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
Well that was something.

Town column: Gram, Magic, Melkor, CP, Tweet
Gram been consistent with his drive on Fang; Magic good with questions; Melkor different approach to this game; CP is more in hope cos I can't wolf read him; Tweet actually taking action and not paper pushing.

Wolf column: Fang, Raem, Psychic
Fang with the abysmal overreaction to slight shade, then tripling down on the argument with Gram that did nothing but distract the game play; Raem blindly following along with Fang and the defending of him based on falsely represented bullying; Psychic done a shit ton of likes and reacts, yet hasn't done much if any towards the game state

Wanna see more from Dragon and Evans to put them in a slot.

You seemed not to like my posts few pages ago, your read on me has changed?

Do you think Fang and Raem could be wolves together?

Not sure if you caught it, but Magic is for some reason very confident that Raem is town.

Grammaton

Consigliere
well, a voyer doesnt tell you "rolecop". atleast not how we do it

in fact, a voyer shouldnt tell u "cop" either

a voyer should only tell you: "Your target was visited by an investigative ability"

whether its a cop, track, rolecop etc.. the voyer wont tell u. ratchet has a custom version of abilities sometimes. i recall seeing this "townie version" modifier before (cant recall if its a ratchet game or not). honestly.. was it fang's game? cuz this means fang is faking the claim lol

==========

my point is, if fang voyer's you and obtain: "Your target is visited by a manipulative ability".. then nobody in thread claimed that ability, we can assume the user of that ability is scum and that u r town by extrapolation

scum wont claim all the abilities they have for obvious reasons as some of them will be rly scummy. they wud rather claim vanilla than claim redirecting u (specially if they town read u), so a voyer can confirm town players that way

the point about it being "townie version" need to be looked into. i have seen this before. do u remember if this was in a ratcher or fang game?

I have never seen this clarification used. Voyeur is extremely rare for us - I’ve used it and it would specifically reveal the action the player was targeted by, as it’s part of the 4 observation roles (watcher, tracker, follower, voyeur) where it gives actions but not users

Magic

Resplendent

anyway im not fully sold on him being town so i can join that wagon. id like to look elsehwere a bit for now, particularly at cp. i think he is scum.

Ekko I advise you to look at my posts at tpein as well as I noticed some not normal for town aurelian tendencies as well.

Grammaton

Consigliere

He said like 3 times he didn’t want to vote me because I’d accuse him of omgus

If he thinks I’m scum, why would he give a fuck?

Grammaton

Consigliere
One thing that doesn’t track re: Raem

He shock reacted the post that CP made about me fucking up, and put me in his scum reads … but 0 follow up?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
I have never seen this clarification used. Voyeur is extremely rare for us - I’ve used it and it would specifically reveal the action the player was targeted by, as it’s part of the 4 observation roles (watcher, tracker, follower, voyeur) where it gives actions but not users
typically we give the type of ability "investigative, manipulative, destructive" etc..

im kind of surprised ratchet gives it as "townie version of abilities". i am 100% sure i saw this somewhere but i dont know if it was a ratchet game or some place else. could take a look back and see if i can find it

i think the ability i was talking to was an ability cop where u wud target a player and obtain a townie version of their ability. think this was in weebs hosted by rej and cohost was ratchet. thats one instance i remember it

otherwise fang is fake claiming. but the way his claimed comes off different than his fake claim in elden ring. that claim screamed leave me alone im indie lol

also fang town read RDK in elden ring. he scum reads u here. thats another subtle difference in how he perceived being sused as scum vs what i think is town here

Emil

V.I.P. Member
He said like 3 times he didn’t want to vote me because I’d accuse him of omgus

If he thinks I’m scum, why would he give a fuck?
dont know either. im done doing his defense for him tho 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back