Gaming Convo Thread #1: Here's Your Continue Screen

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
how long are etrian oddysey games usually? Guess i will try it out until undernauts is out, i have been in the mood for dungeon crawlers in the past month

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
how long are etrian oddysey games usually? Guess i will try it out until undernauts is out, i have been in the mood for dungeon crawlers in the past month
Would recommend either 4 or 5 since they have the best gameplay in the series. 4 has a pretty nuts level of customization and it also has the most labyrinths since they added mini dungeons that you can explore for items and exp. pretty great experience overall and it has my favorite class in the franchise

The untold games are also very very good and the story mode parties are really fucking strong

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
Wait. I smell an Etrian discussion.
Would recommend either 4 or 5 since they have the best gameplay in the series. 4 has a pretty nuts level of customization and it also has the most labyrinths since they added mini dungeons that you can explore for items and exp. pretty great experience overall and it has my favorite class in the franchise

The untold games are also very very good and the story mode parties are really fucking strong
Controversial (?) Etrian game ranking: 3 > Untold > Untold 2 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 1 :mhm

I'm not sure where to rank Nexus. I got sick of doing shrines and endlessly fiddling with my party, so I set it aside "for a while" and haven't come back to it yet.

Which is your favourite class? 4 isn't my favourite, but it does have some great classes.

:catshivers
this one is still on my list to play
sounds stupid but i decided long ago if i was to play it i’d play it on a legit cart on the snes
i haven’t came across one at a price and condition i like
having this mindset costs me way too much money in the long haul but emulation just doesn’t feel the same in my mind
you are going to have a hard time playing most of the games on my list then, barring the ones they made remakes for or rereleased.

like i think the only one i still can find is my old lunar eternal blue for the sega cd
wouldn't call it in good condition tho

Sweet Jeff

damn i’m beautiful
V.I.P. Member
you are going to have a hard time playing most of the games on my list then, barring the ones they made remakes for or rereleased.

like i think the only one i still can find is my old lunar eternal blue for the sega cd
wouldn't call it in good condition tho

yeah especially the way prices are right now..i might have to get over that emulation rule of mine just so i don’t go broke on classic games.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Wait. I smell an Etrian discussion.

Controversial (?) Etrian game ranking: 3 > Untold > Untold 2 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 1 :mhm

I'm not sure where to rank Nexus. I got sick of doing shrines and endlessly fiddling with my party, so I set it aside "for a while" and haven't come back to it yet.

Which is your favourite class? 4 isn't my favourite, but it does have some great classes.
3 > 4 = SMT SJ

Also are you a fan of Rune Factory?

:catsalute

anyone got any good jrpgs recs? doesn’t have to be recent
Suikoden 1-5
Wild Arms 1-5
Koudelka & Shadow Hearts 1-3
Breath of Fire 1-4 (I also like 5, but it's very disliked because of how different it is)
Atelier Iris 1-3
Parasite Eve 1-2
Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Xenosaga 1-3
Legend of Legaia & Legaia 2
The Legend of Dragoon
Grandia 1-3
Alundra 1-2
Threads of Fate
Star Ocean 1-5
Brave Fencer Musashi
Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma & The Granstream Saga
Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross
Jade Cocoon 1-2
Dark Cloud 1-2
Rogue Galaxy

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
3 > 4 = SMT SJ

Also are you a fan of Rune Factory?
I've never played Rune Factory, but I had a friend who tried to sell me on it years ago so it's on my radar. I don't know too much about it, except that you can marry cute anime women. Probably my sort of thing.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I've never played Rune Factory, but I had a friend who tried to sell me on it years ago so it's on my radar. I don't know too much about it, except that you can marry cute anime women. Probably my sort of thing.
Yes proper cute anime women not Faputa :catgun

Back