• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

General Comics Discussion: ROM gets ONE-PUNCH BANNED edition

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
@Dead Lock what feats does Jurgens era Thor have? Like direct feats or scaling to someone who has direct feats in his stories?
Jurgens Thor has some insane showings of endurance. Like taking multiple back-to-back beatdowns from Mangog and still having enough energy to come back, overpower Mangog, and force his hammer down his throat, eviscerating his insides. Otherwise, It's just the standard stuff, galactic teleportation, contending with other heralds, etc. Iirc, I don't think his run introduced any new hax for him either. Unless you count amped states and forms.

Mangog himself can vary in power wildly due to multiple factors, so It's best to just limit him to each iteration's showings.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
DoCRw7UV4AEB1cM

Maddie

Acclaimed
Jurgens Thor has some insane showings of endurance. Like taking multiple back-to-back beatdowns from Mangog and still having enough energy to come back, overpower Mangog, and force his hammer down his throat, eviscerating his insides. Otherwise, It's just the standard stuff, galactic teleportation, contending with other heralds, etc. Iirc, I don't think his run introduced any new hax for him either. Unless you count amped states and forms.

Mangog himself can vary in power wildly due to multiple factors, so It's best to just limit him to each iteration's showings.
Any feats in particular? I am asking because Jurgens claimed in interviews he nerfed Thor heavily in his comics compared to how other writers do it, want to see if he actually did so for just his run or WoG is trash as usual

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Any feats in particular? I am asking because Jurgens claimed in interviews he nerfed Thor heavily in his comics compared to how other writers do it, want to see if he actually did so for just his run or WoG is trash as usual
WoG trash. His run wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

The only thing I can think of is that he introduced "All-Father Thor" Who's multiversal+ since he has the Odin-force.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
First 30-38 issues of Quasar > The first 30 or so issues of Captain Marvel.

Alternatively, 40 and onwards I found Captain Marvel to be the better cosmic solo-series.

Back