Hajime no Ippo

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator

I'm getting tired of the overprotective Ryo and Ippo being a bitch trope. Ippo, make a move on Kumi or fuck off. I have to say that the trope of all manga/anime protagonists being cowardly geeks around girls in general is also getting tiresome.
Mashiba being an asshole to Ippo will never stop being funny.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
10 page chapters fucking kill me. It's better than nothing, but it's over in almost a blink of the eye. At least Morikawa's art seems back on track. A few weeks ago it seemed like he was slightly rough around the edges.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Ryo about to cheat?

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Mashiba choosing not to go heel.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Counterattack!

Jailor

Illustrious
Banned Member
Mashiba has the best character development imo
sQlTfB4.png

Really curious who is the current world lightweight champion. He looks like Sawamura.
jL2BIW8.png

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Getting into deep waters now.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Mashiba in trouble.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Well, been a while. The Garcia fight is over, obviously, and as more people that Ippo fought go to the world title scene, we're getting more teases of his return as he's getting closer to Takamura's level.

It's still a long way off. I can almost guarantee he is not going to come back until Sendo loses to Ricardo first, and Ricardo will beat Walli before that.

So...maybe when I'm 40. Maybe. :maybe

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Morikawa is basically beating us over the head that Ippo will eventually come out of retirement now. I think he's dragging this out too long. We have at least Mashiba and Sendo's world title matches before then. Probably another Takamura match as well.

Velkuvrana

Notorious
Hopefully when Ippo returns, it's for good. No more fake outs or possible "I'm Damaged" surprises. Now that Ippo is learning to counter and his basics are fully done with, we might get to see a new technique from him in his sparring match against Volg

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Sendo and Wally are sparring. I don't know why Wally got the shot. It's just dragging things out.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Ippo about to spar with world champion-level Volg. Meanwhile, Wally continues with his old antics. Can't wait to see Ricardo squash this geek.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

This was the most telling chapter yet of Ippo's new abilities. My guess is whenever he finally returns, he'll wind up destroying Imai quickly before finally moving on to Miyata.

I'll probably be 40 by the time that happens though.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This chapter really laid it on thick that Ippo is coming back. I'm starting to get sick of the delay now. At this point it feels like the return has to happen sooner than later. No waiting until Sendo loses to Ricardo.

Back