Hajime no Ippo

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
I think what pisses me off the most is ippo is just sitting in this fight with his thumb up his ass because miguel has some 27 dimensional nonlinear multi dimensional layered chess plan to survive this fight so the fucker can't even be a second. He's just there to echo whatever happens in the fight and be woli's cheerleader and I fucking hate every second of it
I did like how Ippo referenced Ricardo breaking Date’s ribs when he landed a body blow on Wally.

That’s probably what they should’ve had him do for most of the fight. Compare how it’s going to the Date fight and bring it up to Wally and Miguel if he figures something important out from the comparisons.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I can't believe we haven't gotten a single lightbulb firing in ippo's head about how he put kamogawa through what wally is putting miguel through now when he tunnel visioned his last 3 fights and got his shit rocked

I can't believe we have ippo on the world stage as a second and his only contribution has been
"Wow holy shit wally's ribs are fucked up"

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Looks like it's finally ending next week, but man, what a disaster. This fight took all the air out of Sendo/Ricardo for me. Wally is such a geek. He had no business pushing Ricardo like that.

The effect of this arc was to get Ricardo less over.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
>Wally helping sendo with the literal fighting style sendo himself created

Bro at this point just change his name to Jesus because holy shit

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

And a good reminder why Kumi isn't such a good girlfriend. Constantly trying to control Ippo and hem in his true nature instead of loving him for it.

Mari likes him too and doesn't do that. Of course, in the real world, some geek like Ippo would have zero chance with her.

Nanako is probably best for him, to be honest.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
At least monkey boy is retired now.

What a wasted year. We could have had Sendo vs. Ricardo already and gone back on track for the final confrontation.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Now it looks like we're finally getting something interesting. This Mashiba world title fight could be great if this champ is as hard as they say.

Plus, as expected, Takamura's title defense is coming up.

Leng

Illustrious
Seems more certain Mashiba will win since he's fighting an evil character without someone else to fight in his place if he loses.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Sendo is 100% losing, but I have a feeling that Mashiba will also lose. This will drive Kumi off the deep end and when Ippo thinks of returning to the ring after Sendo's loss, she'll get even more adamant on not wanting it.

Which hopefully forces a decision with them. Kumi is good on the surface but she really is a terrible "girlfriend" beneath it, wanting to control him. Either Mari and Nanako would be better for him. Certainly Nanako in real life because Mari is too sophisticated for him.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
What the heck is that hair? He looks like he has a combination of JoJo hair ala Giorno and that one guard with donut hair from SO and literally skin vents coming out of his head.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
What the heck is that hair? He looks like he has a combination of JoJo hair ala Giorno and that one guard with donut hair from SO and literally skin vents coming out of his head.
Yeah. TBH I do think his silhouette looked a bit better.

Back