• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked I Think You Should Leave - A Mafia Game by Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2: DUEL END

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
Not sure about you, but last time you did that you also cleared Tweet who actually was Town, so can probably trust Orca.

Vote Duel win Orca.
With this post, Orca has won the duel. Frinckles will die at the end of Day.

Duel Votes

Orca to win 9 - Orca, Polar, Ultra, Hime, Nibel, Gad, RDK, Flower
Frinckles to win 2 - Aurelian, Frinckles

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
Also I'm not sure how to feel about a Cop in this setup in general. So much investigation.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Is Chuck, Charlie? If so, I was on him in a previous game for using a duel as town based on what the entire group wanted vs what he actually believed. I told him in a duel you put up who you think is scum. As town duelist you have believe in your usage, if not its just scum oriented on the surface. I'm fully in on Frinckles as scum and he and everyone else was just wasting the day going in circles of nothing. Now we can off him and get some real discussion on others. How you can think it is a bullshit use I dont know that's just terrible logic @Chuck
1. This is contingent on Ultra telling the truth
2. I'm factoring Craig's janitor kill and Ultra buckling to both claim 'cop' and the number of shots he has under relatively minimal pressure and pushback
3. Again: you are sidestepping out of the fact that using the duel ability this early in the game isn't and wasn't wise at all given the easy lynch off Cake in day 1 and her flip not being AI for anyone who voted her
4. Picking Frinckles instead of me for you to duel also makes little sense when you were shadowing and echoing Polar's attempts to repeatedly get my wagon moving
5. With at least 10-11 townie players still alive, your choice and use is more likely at this stage of the game to give the scum team (assuming you aren't a member) an extra townie killing
6. I already explained in my earlier post to Chucky that the duelist role is a neutral one: has been used fairly often by both town and mafia teams consistently here
7. Your last argument isn't a justification for using your ability as your basing that on personal rhetoric then actual solving and I can't follow along with that

[QuoteI did push his wagon multiple times with minimal takers. I also didnt no lynch, I was on him at end of day. The no lynch/getting a pass is more of a look at me and look at Frinckles type of post here
[/QUOTE]
You spent more time following along with Polar and trying to lynch me though? So this still doesn't really add up.

You lack the ability to assume other perspectives

Because I rolled cop, I was being quieter, and choosy with who I pushed in the thread

I would never cop home because A) I don't need to cop my main lead who is a bus driver and B) If I make obvious plays my result has a lesser chance of being reliable

In other words it's exactly because I am cop I didn't even push Orca much. Duh
You are never quiet as town regardless of having a PR or being plain VT. I can plenty of times buy into looking at things from someone else's PoV but you didn't really hard push anyone besides Cake and double backed to Hime after Craig felt she was a better lynch.

Yeah your whole thing with Orca lines up imo

Sadly, you have an infinitesimal chance of being able to share your results, which is why this is irritating especially if it's just 2 shots and not a bluff

You are now definitely a threat to scum, the only time it hides you and town is not wasting a lynch on you
That's it
That gives zero info aside from having us look back to see agenda pressing
If you withheld your role, you also would've had a chance to invest Hime
:why

I understand wanting to preserve and counter a wagon, it's just we now have probably lost the chance of getting one more result in your scum pile
I am going to slap you with a shoe. Christ, the best gamble a janitor killed townie would be used by experience players like Ultra to make use of it. Especially someone with a strong PR and a stronger player like Craig being offed.

Please connect the dots.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Also I'm not sure how to feel about a Cop in this setup in general. So much investigation.
Like I expressed earlier, Ultra is in a damned if he does damned if he doesn't situation - he's not aggressive enough he's scum, he's too passive he's scum, he's not burying people like expected he's scum, he's burying the wrong people he's scum

His reactions (if I remember correctly) are similar to when he was Hider in the Elden Ring game, feels he's trying in earnest to get others to listen to him

RDK

Marvelous
If cubey wants me to claim ill do it

Otherwise I'm gonna cook my jambalaya and get on with my day

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Not sure about you, but last time you did that you also cleared Tweet who actually was Town, so can probably trust Orca.

Vote Duel win Orca.

With this post, Orca has won the duel. Frinckles will die at the end of Day.

Duel Votes

Orca to win 9 - Orca, Polar, Ultra, Hime, Nibel, Gad, RDK, Flower
Frinckles to win 2 - Aurelian, Frinckles
:life

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
Like I expressed earlier, Ultra is in a damned if he does damned if he doesn't situation - he's not aggressive enough he's scum, he's too passive he's scum, he's not burying people like expected he's scum, he's burying the wrong people he's scum

His reactions (if I remember correctly) are similar to when he was Hider in the Elden Ring game, feels he's trying in earnest to get others to listen to him
It's just not what I'm used to. If he's Town he's directionless. That's what I expect from me, but not him. It's just weird. Can he be Town? Ofc. Maybe him being Cop is exactly why he played like this, though. People with confirmables can take it more easy Ig.

Frinckles

Paramount
Anyway I did get feedback that somebody said they were a piece of shit and now they're not and I believe them apparently so. If that feedback confirms somebody's role who voted me, go to hell.

Ultra

THE BEAR
It's just not what I'm used to. If he's Town he's directionless. That's what I expect from me, but not him. It's just weird. Can he be Town? Ofc. Maybe him being Cop is exactly why he played like this, though. People with confirmables can take it more easy Ig.

You keep saying this while having 0 clue what's going on or bothering to qualify

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Fang dear

Bagging the cop night 1 requires insane luck, that is extremely hard to prove

Yes, Ultra has a way out if he's just scum claiming a janitored role

But claiming a r role that could align with janitor is risky as scum period. You're proving this point by assuming that Ultra is 100% lying here because it has to be stupidly and plain obvious a janitored player would be claimed

The issue is, people would pick up on this. It is a risk that also requires luck and unpredictable calculations - scum will have to backtrack on their claim, make sure that there isn't any holes, make sure that there's valid and proper reasoning for why a player was investigated.

It's literally a gamble.

It is *far* too convenient for a janitored role to be claimed this early on. Like your point is logical in theory but it takes a lot of work to carry the burden to clear scum mates or avoid a wagon on themselves when under heat.

It depends on the scum team, but like, of *course* linking a PR claim to a janitored player makes sense. It doesn't mean in practice that it would be the best move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back