• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked I Think You Should Leave - A Mafia Game by Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Aurelian might be scum. Don't think I've ever seen me take a few jabs at him and him not immediately tunneling me back.

He keeps repeating me and Polar are the same alignment, without saying what that alignment is. Just tossing the observation out there without doubling down. Feels weak, not his style.

Polar's vote on Flower is trash but seems townie. Orca could be scum
why dip your feet into an aurelian scum read isn't his alignment gonna become obvious very early anyway

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
rather opportunistic jump on cp after aurelian voted him

this was after gad questioned him on it, nibel started saying gad and cp were possible scum together

i prodded him a bit and he said this

this was in response to flower telling me that we should vote ultra, comes off rather opportunistic agn

hes starting to feel the heat and plays the dumb newbie card

makes an "obvious joke" here to set up his next msg

sets up that he wont be and wasnt serious to try and save himself

"yea that thing that made me look super scummy and i tried defending, i wasnt serious duh? like look at that post i just made abt jokes"

he tried doing some stuff and then pretended like he forgot abt the joke thing
"oh yea i dont have to be serious bc it was totally my plan to not be serious the first 10 pgs all along hahaha"

"let me do something scummy rn and vote her so it looks like i just do scummy things all the time in my joking stage"

gets a little defensive when i say he and cake r scum

"all the scumminess before was just a joke so u can ignore all of it as i start on a clean slate essentially"

i care less abt the actual arguments during this exchange and more abt the power play here
nibel has essentially (or at least in his mind) created a situation where he gets to start fresh
he sees gad who is scum reading him and knows gad is rather a low confidence player and can be easily talked down to (no offense gad)
the entire exchange smells of a manipulation tactic

nibel is gaining more confidence here and wants to act like he is carefree town

i mightve missed a couple posts from around here but basically he is trying to be a thread leader so its easier for him to direct attention to other players (and off himself)

"hey this weird thing where i voted myself last game and got town read for it (and was town) worked so maybe i can try it agn??"

classic example of contributing without actually contributing

believe this was towards gad agn who nibel found easier to assert a form of dominance over

yea i dont buy this
hes trying to lean into a paranoid townie act but it just comes off so ingenuine
he hasnt qualified y he thinks this at all

mentions everyone when a polar wagon starts happening (y not when a cake wagon was happening?)

this is not really a genuine summary, it leaves out himself and/or cake being sussed by a few players earlier

@Ultra
this feels like you decided to iso and come up with reasons after being asked about your read rather than actually having them already

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
ick
ultra looks scummy too with the whole flower interaction
plus with acting like he doesnt have to do anything until i explain y i think nibel is scummy
i dont think he expected me to drop an iso right after

hmm i dont usually feel this good abt my scum reads so early into a game lmao
possible distancing imo

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
we've had west nile cases in my area and there is a mosquito in my house pls pray for me

nvm just killed it

UNDEFEATED KING

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Well, you don't. lol.

By definition it's not substantial, because you stated what your expectation was as scum, I subverted it, and somehow you came away with the conclusion that I'm also scum.

That's kind of a catch 22 isn't it Hime? Because there's no kind of reaction I could make, in that case, that you wouldn't call scummy. If I pounced on you, you'd be calling that scummy as well.

Now I realize I'm in a defensive position here, so this is going to sound less compelling, but this read from you definitely comes across as forced, and immediately raises some red flags. Not only are you attempting to put me in a box, I don't think your reaction seems too normal either. You think I was angling to case you, when my post no way implies that. If anything, I could see you cal it a blatant pocketing attempt.

Finally, I can't help but suspect the timing of this push coming after half the thread has greenlit it.

I suspect you're powerwolfing here, and I am proud of you, but imma call it like I see it.
fake

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
ultra, it's pretty clear what ur doing rn
u and i r both well aware that i was scum reading u for reasons other than what ur supposed reaction would be

as stated very clearly in this post, i first thought u were scummy due to ur interaction with flower as well as ur laziness in the thread until i explained the nibel situation

my third reason had to do with ur reaction, sure, but its not really a stand alone situation and shouldn't be treated as such

sure, u can argue that my reason for assuming u would react in a certain way is invalid (i would argue against that ofc), therefore i cant scum read u for it bc u didn't react in the way i said u were planning to but that doesnt invalidate my scum read on u in general bc its not entirely driven by this 1 point as youve spun it out to be

its surprising to see u say half the thread has greenlit pushing u, im pretty sure it was just aurelian and flower unless u think that their opinion is worth half the playerbase's thoughts?
second hand cringe from this awful distancing

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Magic's other 8 posts do nothing for me, tbh. His defense of Polar is an easy one to make as any alignment. Borderline whiteknighting.

Looks like it's immediately countered by Fang too.
why you so focused on magic

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
You would have the answers to *most* of these questions if you read my posts. I'm going to post a list. I'm not going to answer follow up questions. Take it or leave it.

Town

Ultra
Flower
Gad
Aurelian

Polar

Town lite

Tweet
Magic
Alco
RDK

Nibel

Null

Cubey
Lethal
Chuck
Frinckles
CP

Scum-lite

Watson
Xadlin

Scum

Orca
Hime

Penguin/Juice
the main two wagons are on your town reads

and you're dicking around

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Okay, maybe I'm tripping about Magic and I've got some reading to do still obviously. All im saying is the whole line explaining how Polar was apparently acting pinged me and after only 1 game I know how magic's brain ticks a *little* bit.

Is the line nessecarily incorrect? Possibly; unless you are psycho and have never experienced anxiety as town. I know players who are relieved to be scum and some of them are in this game rn.

So yeah my godread d1 thus far (and probably my only major read besides some townleans) is that Magic is sussy.
this is nonsense

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
my read is that i think u r scummy, how am i brushing that under the rug exactly?
furthermore my read hasnt changed so i dont see how i have a lack of conviction here

'naturally' is used subjectively here
u have seen me do isos as town several times before, i'm not sure y ur spinning this as something out of the norm or pre-planned out
there was a ~30 min gap between you asking me to elaborate on nibel and me presenting my case on him
slip

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Do you get the impression she's made the read and is now working backwards to explain it?

Ayup. In fact I wouldn't be surprised she just went back to that game and read his opener to supply the ad-hoc reasoning, because the odds of her remembering that detail are close to 0
but the iso MQ she did where she went through all of nibel's posts and sussed each one as a response to "why do you think nibel is scum" came off as organic and genuine to you? lol

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
vote Ultra

WEAK play today. no conviction or attempt to lead whatsoever. just scatter shotting random scum reads with no follow through or attempt to convince anyone to follow, then landing on a Juice YOLO lynch. bad bad bad. the bear is anemic AF. GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT

Ultra

THE BEAR
vote Ultra

WEAK play today. no conviction or attempt to lead whatsoever. just scatter shotting random scum reads with no follow through or attempt to convince anyone to follow, then landing on a Juice YOLO lynch. bad bad bad. the bear is anemic AF. GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT

I landed on a Juice lynch because I have been utterly stonewalled in my attempts to lynch Hime, which is perfectly reasonable.

As far as you calling out our interactions as distancing goes, we have hellbussed before, but this is still a massively out of pocket read

Honestly you come across as trying to go for points or something, gonna need you to ease off huffing the gasoline a bit and realize which parts of your observations are right here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back