Mafia Game Summaries

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
Back on WF/WS Mafia we used to have a thing called "Mafia Records" where the host would write up a game and link to it so people could remember how it all went. I think we should bring that back here. I'll post a writeup of my game shortly, and future hosts can feel free to do that too.

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
I Think You Should Leave Mafia

Winners: Piece of Shit Aligned
MVP: Gad
HM: Retro
HM: RDK

This was a blast to host. Over 6K posts was higher activity than some other recent games. Town started very strong, having no mislynches going into Night 4 (scum suffered from being drawn as mostly inactives). However, Gad managed to pull it out and clutch endgame as solo scum. There were a lot of times when town roles interfered with each other, such as 3 total investigative role shots wasted on players who were dying anyway. Fun to watch, and gave me a lot to think about.

Poyser

Problem with this kind of thread, and I really do love the idea of it and think it would be amazing if it was kept up to date etc but the problem is you get hosts that just... don't. and then next thing you know, there's been no summaries for 6 months lmao

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Problem with this kind of thread, and I really do love the idea of it and think it would be amazing if it was kept up to date etc but the problem is you get hosts that just... don't. and then next thing you know, there's been no summaries for 6 months lmao
Would it be possible to appoint advisors to do so if the host doesn't?
Host can sign off or ask certain things to be tweaked, advisors can post in the thread in their place in the case the host slacks off

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
If Sky is up to the task, she can also coordinate with hosts to write summaries for them and update the thread perhaps seeing as she made this in the first place
:hm

Side note: I will make a template to have people who do update the thread to follow a specific format, too

Reactions: Sky

Poyser

Both of those solutions sound good, and not something we have tried. Definitely worth a shot. There's no downside to trying it and it not working out

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I think it's all right if it's not comprehensive tbh.

• Agree
Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
So instead of going back all the way to Elden Ring, what I decided to do was simply just pick out the most memorable games to add that are fresh in the community's mind (for whatever reason) regardless of how long ago it occurred

(Will be updated soon, working on it)

But from now on, I'll be cataloging all future games like this:

20231216_112050_0000.png

Elden Ring
Host
: @Grammaton
Runtime: Insert how long the game went on

WINNERS
MVP: Insert reasons given here.
HM: Insert reasons given here.

HOST SUMMARY
Insert your summary here.

ROLES
Town:
@member
@member

Mafia:
@member

Indie:
@member

Poyser

OLF Members Mafia

Winners: Feminism
MVP: Ratchet
HM: Lord Melkor
HM: Hime

Was a great game to follow as a host, both teams played really hard and put lots of effort in and there was a tonne of funny posts. The scum team was full of active posters which was refreshing, and town put a lot of effort into solving. It was a close game overall, but a stand out performance from Ratchet ensured that the win was never really in doubt as he was a top town read of everyone left towards the end, which enabled him to ensure the survival of his last couple of teammates. Lord Melkor also contributed very well, becoming hard town read by most despite being a lead wagon on D1, and Luka showing cockroach like abilities to constantly survive a lynch despite always being everybody's top scum read! Some good performances from town, as Ultra collared CP early, Magic had some fantastic reads, Nibel shot 2 non-town with his 3 vig shots and helped dispose of the SK and Hime who was hard sussed due to her role defended herself fantastically well and put together a great case on the remaining couple of mafia.

Rugrat

Caldust
Grand Theft Auto Mafia

A fun game with a rare indy win.

The game started very well for town, with Gad looking like a dead man walking and Ratchet expertly catching both RDK and Gad as scum together. The day however ended with CP being executed after only a few posts due to great timing from Hime.

Scum, who were slightly undermanned played very well; but their nadir occurred in an SK vs Mafia stand off arose where Hime outed herself as the last mafiosa and Magic as the SK. This did not save Hime from a lynch, nor did it see serial killer Magic get lynched. He took this as a sign that he needed to stop self protecting (as he had done all game) and start killing; as such he was able to survive and win - partially wagering on an arsonist and final scum member.

In terms of notable townies; Polar the other HM made a very clever play by faking he still had vig shots to draw the scum kill. Fuji had a perfect solve, before repping out due to illness. Ultra had two very wise role uses to clear town folk.

Also thanks to Flower, Fuji, Ratchet and Ultra to hosting for periods when I was away/unwell and thanks all for playing!

Winner: Serial Killer

MVP: Magic

HM: Hime
HM: Polar Bear

Last edited:
Back