• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Mafia General Discussion

Magic

Resplendent
To further highlight what I mean, mafia in ekko game lost to an indy completing some checklist

Now they were aware of it and warned about but at the end of the day they had only lost 1 player all game and hit parity and even killed the guy. So they were upset. Those are the type of losses we are trying to avoid with ranked games

Aries

Illustrious
i think youre confused. it's not that your games matter less and to @Retrolize i really appreciate your attempts and kindness, but to make it clear the ladder in itself is a bit of silly competitive fun that the community has(it used to be taken much more seriously).

it's not that your games don't matter, it's that quite a few people in our community don't want to play for 2 weeks and end in a result not reached by play but rather, as i said, creativity.

as i saw you say on WG, your games are intended to show your creativity and you do your best to achieve balance but there's power creep blah blah and you noted that the players that complain the most are those that take advantage of SRM the most. im one of the people that would take advantage because why wouldn't you. but the key thing you said is your game may not be decided by skill and it is to show your own host creativity.

WS members are not about that life. they enjoy highly creative games and mechanics. they also understand games may end be perfect and end with dumb shit. they don't want that dumb shit to be over the top or avoidable. that means they don't want their game to end because there's an indy that can end the game with their win condition or that a lynch doesn't go through because there's hidden votes or there's just all around an abundance of roles that cause massive swings.

i dont think anyone would care if you called your games ranked and our games ranked but it would still arrive with the same conclusion of people from our community not wanting to play your games and wanting them checked over.

Just because I feel a certain way on hosting srm games doesn't mean other people who host these types of games do aswell. Theirs peeps who pride themselves in making these SRM games as competitive as they can be. Is their a possibility some hijinks are bound to happen in these types of games? Off course but I think it's silly to paint SRM in a bad light when standard games or light role madness games have had their fair share of shenanigans.

I've been part of the Mafia community since 2010 and the one thing I've learned is it doesn't matter how much you plan or balance your game out because the one thing no person can ever account for is real life . Shit happens and the reality is you gotta roll with the punches. Some hosts can do it and others can't. I see no issue with your community not wanting to join these types of games, it's not their cup of tea that's fine. We all have different tastes, doesn't mean we should knock people for liking something different and wanting it to be treated equally.

Don't like it then don't sign up, I don't think anyone is going to hold it against anyone if they don't want play.

Magic

Resplendent
Just because I feel a certain way on hosting srm games doesn't mean other people who host these types of games do aswell. Theirs peeps who pride themselves in making these SRM games as competitive as they can be. Is their a possibility some hijinks are bound to happen in these types of games? Off course but I think it's silly to paint SRM in a bad light when standard games or light role madness games have had their fair share of shenanigans.

I've been part of the Mafia community since 2010 and the one thing I've learned is it doesn't matter how much you plan or balance your game out because the one thing no person can ever account for is real life . Shit happens and the reality is you gotta roll with the punches. Some hosts can do it and others can't. I see no issue with your community not wanting to join these types of games, it's not their cup of tea that's fine. We all have different tastes, doesn't mean we should knock people for liking something different and wanting it to be treated equally.

Don't like it then don't sign up, I don't think anyone is going to hold it against anyone if they don't want play.
i mean it's mostly just showing their distaste for those setups more than knocking them. if you guys like them by all means enjoy them. the ranking system is something developed at our site and we just keep it ongoing because of it. no one is trying to treat your games as if they're not equal, it just won't draw many from our crowd. maybe that changes and maybe it doesn't, but no one is holding anyone from our community at gunpoint into not joining these types of games. some of us joined ekko's game, including myself, so it's not like it isn't possible.

Aries

Illustrious
i mean it's mostly just showing their distaste for those setups more than knocking them. if you guys like them by all means enjoy them. the ranking system is something developed at our site and we just keep it ongoing because of it. no one is trying to treat your games as if they're not equal, it just won't draw many from our crowd. maybe that changes and maybe it doesn't, but no one is holding anyone from our community at gunpoint into not joining these types of games. some of us joined ekko's game, including myself, so it's not like it isn't possible.

I mean that's fine, me personally I'm not a fan of those game set ups ya like I find them really boring, which is why I strayed from those types of games when I started hosting in 2010. Like I said if ya want to play or try it out the doors always open. If not then it's cool, your community isn't the only one in here, peeps from worst gen and Fanverse are also here

RDK

Marvelous
I mean that's fine, me personally I'm not a fan of those game set ups ya like I find them really boring, which is why I strayed from those types of games when I started hosting in 2010. Like I said if ya want to play or try it out the doors always open. If not then it's cool, your community isn't the only one in here, peeps from worst gen and Fanverse are also here
Ffs we get it you've played mafia since 2010

Aries

Illustrious
Ffs we get it you've played mafia since 2010

Yeah I played in 2010 , in those old 13 years since 2010 things surely have changed. Back in 2010 people had more manners. It's time to make things great again just like in 2010. For you see 2010 is the way of life

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Yeah I played in 2010 , in those old 13 years since 2010 things surely have changed. Back in 2010 people had more manners. It's time to make things great again just like in 2010. For you see 2010 is the way of life

Word.
I am also a 2010r

Reactions: Ral

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
To further highlight what I mean, mafia in ekko game lost to an indy completing some checklist

Now they were aware of it and warned about but at the end of the day they had only lost 1 player all game and hit parity and even killed the guy. So they were upset. Those are the type of losses we are trying to avoid with ranked games
lmao glad I dodged that one

Where'd that game thread go anyway?

nvm I think I just can't see it because I have him on ignore :lit

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member

think of it like an arsonist who ignited the whole mafia team in n8 lol

Magic

Resplendent
think of it like an arsonist who ignited the whole mafia team in n8 lol
Frankly I care less as I went through a lot more stupid shit since i played through the growing pains, but I don't fault anyone thst feels like certain setups waste their time or waste their effort.

Back