• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

MCU discussion thread: The beginning of the Endgame edition.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Speaking of Spider-Man, I love how people still try to say Andrew doesn’t scale to Toby and Tom’s strength feats even though NWH literally proved otherwise

by that logic I can say Andrew is faster than both Tom and Toby combined since his speed feats from TASM series shit over theirs, but I’m not because that’s not what we’re shown in NWH

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Strange was established to be slower than fucking Spider-Man in NWH (and it’s the incompetent Tom Holland version too)
Lel, at least with that you make the argument that Peter’s natural reactions are just fucking fast.

(You can see time slow down when he ejects Peter’s soul but his body is capable of moving at seemingly faster than normal speeds.)

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Everything else in MOM is just the writers trying to put Strange in the role of an underdog against Wanda and taking away literally everything he’s shown to do.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Lel, at least with that you make the argument that Peter’s natural reactions are just fucking fast.

(You can see time slow down when he ejects Peter’s soul but his body is capable of moving at seemingly faster than normal speeds.)

Honestly the thing is that the MCU treats most characters around the same speed

that’s why I’ve always been wary of people saying MCU characters are FTL. They’re certainly not treated as such. Strange is allegedly FTL yet both Spider-Man and Ebony Maw (who aren’t FTL) were proven faster than him

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

that’s why I’ve always been wary of people saying MCU characters are FTL. They’re certainly not treated as such. Strange is allegedly FTL yet both Spider-Man and Ebony Maw (who aren’t FTL) were proven faster than him
Can’t say I have a rebuttal to that.

I concede.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Thor is treated as slow sometimes but other times it looks like he’s the fastest

He was the only person moving when Quicksilver had everybody else look like Statues
Was it Thor himself or Mjolnir that was still moving? I forgot which

because if it’s the latter it makes sense, Mjolnir can get pretty fast

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member

Come on.

You know this same shit happens in actual comics all the fucking time. Spider-Man was "faster" than a herald of galactus but you don't see anyone saying Firelord and anyone comparable to him suddenly isn't MFTL anymore because of the PIS ridden fight where Spider-man beat him. And in DC there's Deathstroke countering Justice League members in Identity Crisis despite how he should literally be a statue in comparison to them, and especially the Flash.

So nah, if you wanna start this kind of downplay you'd just go down a rabbit hole that makes a ton of characters in many different fictions look way weaker/slower than they actually are portrayed to be.

What matters more is the general level of threats each hero faces on a regular basis. Strange's enemies >>>>>> Spider-man's enemies.

Adding to that there's Strange's performance against Thanos on Titan. Him being one of the characters who was the most clearly able to react to Thanos and even counter his stone usage accordingly for a bit. And that's with Thanos being capable of reacting to the FTL Captain Marvel.

So nah, if you wanna start this kind of downplay you'd just go down a rabbit hole that makes a ton of characters in many different fictions look way weaker/slower than they actually are portrayed to be.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
doc strange was jobbing on the sm nwh movie, he didn't even had a killing intent to harm peter, it's like you don't know that doc strange would never harm peter, if he wanted, he could solo all the cast of the movie, on his own by bfring them to various dimensions

bruh

i know we try to keep it minimum

for many obd series, but downplaying for no reason, makes no sense

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
doc strange was jobbing on the sm nwh movie, he didn't even had a killing intent to harm peter, it's like you don't know that doc strange would never harm peter, if he wanted, he could solo all the cast of the movie, on his own by bfring them to various dimensions

bruh

i know we try to keep it minimum

for many obd series, but downplaying for no reason, makes no sense
He wasn’t jobbing, he was seriously trying to get the box back. Peter was retarded and screwed up the spell that nearly messed up the multiverse

he has the power to kill Peter easily, that is true, his speed was just not that great in the film tho

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
you trolling, right?

thor, tony, doc strange and wanda were the only ones who thanos bothered to play around with

all

the others

were treated like cui's

so, if current strange who is even more experienced than the iw movie, and wanted to fight seriously in nwh, you think holland peter would still be faster?

lmao

nah

we ain't doing it here

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
you trolling, right?

thor, tony, doc strange and wanda were the only ones who thanos bothered to play around with

all

the others

were treated like cui's

so, if current strange who is even more experienced than the iw movie, and wanted to fight seriously in nwh, you think holland peter would still be faster?

lmao

nah

we ain't doing it here
Why didn’t he grab the box while Peter was in the astral plane?

MCU doesn’t treat speed and power like Shonen do. Wanda has power but she’s sure as fuck slow

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
you know at this point, the argument you make isnt any dif that the krillin stans who thought that krilln was blueberry levels, cuz in his kame collision with kakarot - mcu edition

:mjlol
Goku literally said he was holding back on Krillin

you already know this is different

If it’s PIS Strange was being dumb then

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Why didn’t he grab the box while Peter was in the astral plane?

cuz he was caught surprised by how potent peter's spider sense was, not by peter's reactions

in case you were watching the movie with the eyes closed, strange wanted to neutralize peter as gentle as he could, and return back, he even caught peter near the end, and still wasn't serious about harming him, lmao

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
cuz he was caught surprised by how potent peter's spider sense was, not by peter's reactions

in case you were watching the movie with the eyes closed, strange wanted to neutralize peter as gentle as he could, and return back, he even caught peter near the end, and still wasn't serious about harming him, lmao
There is no harming him, he was just trying to get the box back. He doesn’t need to beat on Peter just to get it back from him

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member

not even semi serious strange, still caught and trapped peter in the end = faster reflexes/reactions

so, what's the argument again?

in what part, that makes peter holland faster?

with the help of plot, peter used his math geek iq and tricked strange in order to get out and stall him, lmao

Back