Mecha/Mech General

Sigismund

Western or Japanese, Super Robot or Dougram/Battletech Real Robots, ancient forgotten shows and designs, to the newest news.

Any Mecha discussion yall up for?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Getter Robo, Mazinger, Gundam, BattleTech, Macross, etc...its all gravy and awesome. Also don't forget about series that focus or mainly use power armor like Red Eyes (@Crimson Dragoon), Vanquish, Tekkaman Blade, Guyver, and so on!

Sigismund

Speaking of, I've been playing a shitton of Rougetech recently.

Also the new DLC for MW5 fucked up all my mods, but as I am a FedSun fan it repays me back by allowing me to beat down more Cappellans with my Bigfoot.

Sigismund

Been thinking about collecting Gundams, was always interested in it. I actually think I'll start rewatching the entire series in order as well I haven't done that in a very very long time.
High grade kits nowadays are a pretty good place to start. They used to be crap, but they got a lot better recently.

One I recommend, and I've seen recommend by just about everyone who's built one is the RG Gundam Mark 2 kit.

Sigismund

Awesome I'll have to check it out when I can. Definitely will keep a note of this.
Also of note one kit to avoid thats very closely related to said kit: Real Grade Zeta Gundam.

High Grade Zeta kit is fun, master grade is also fun if you can find it.

Real Grade Zeta has a hip piece thats easy to fuck up, and if thats broken the entire model doesn't connect to the legs, and even the alternate waverider mode is impossible.

Its possible they finally remade that kit, but if so I haven't heard.

But needless to say I learned this first hand before I found out I'm not an extraordinary fuck up and was exceedingly common with that kit.

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
Been thinking about collecting Gundams, was always interested in it. I actually think I'll start rewatching the entire series in order as well I haven't done that in a very very long time.
I built my first Gunpla several months ago for the hell of it. It was an old HG Shining Gundam (G Gundam deserves more love). It's kind of tedious, but I feel like it was worth giving a shot. Just make sure you pick up some sort of tool kit to do it with if you go ahead.

I don't know if I'll do any more but if I do it'll probably be the HG Master Gundam that comes with Fuunsaiki.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Go for either HG models using the new frames or the full mechanics kits from IBO. Solid quality and they look pretty good out of the box. The master grades can run a bit more expensive but the newer ones from the 00 line use the same frames as the full mechanics series so they’re also very solid.
kotobukiya also offers some kits from other mecha series for reasonable prices unless it’s stuff like old armored core for answer models

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gurren Lagann, Eureka Seven, Gunbuster!/Diebuster!, GaoGaiGar, Promare & Gargantia on the Verdurouz Planet are my favourite mecha series.

So far I only own two mecha figures (Nirvash Type-Zero and Strelizia) though I hope to expand on that sometime in the (hopefully near) future.

Sigismund

So far I only own two mecha figures (Nirvash Type-Zero and Strelizia) though I hope to expand on that sometime in the (hopefully near) future.
My surviving collection after moving:

RG GP01
RG RX-78-Mark 2
RG GP01fb
HG MSZ-006
The remains of RG MSZ-006
1 Adeptus Titanicus Scale Warbringer Nemesis Titan

And a few other unbuilt Titans since haven't had much time lol

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
what are some good series to jump into the genre with, only really seen bits of Gurren Lagann but I want to see more. Friends have recommended Gunbuster and Zeta Gundam

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
G gundam
Tekkaman blade
Gunbuster
Getter robo armageddon is great
If you can stomach the more dated animation gundam 0079 still holds up really well story wise. Shouldn't be a problem since you dealt with GEEWUN TF

gundam f91 is a movie that you can essentially watch as a stand-alone since it never got cleared for full show status

Sigismund

what are some good series to jump into the genre with, only really seen bits of Gurren Lagann but I want to see more. Friends have recommended Gunbuster and Zeta Gundam
Zeta Gundam and Gunbuster are classics yeah.

There is also Fang of the Sun Dougram, which is even more "real robot" than Gundam. Basically is a good version of the Battletech cartoon.

Also its all uploaded to YouTube for free

Getter Robo is always good

G Gundam is worth with it "basically" being Dragon Ball with mechs

Macross always needs a mention here, even if its more Space Opera than Mecha

Robotech is worth watching if you're not an anime snob and aren't going to watch Macross

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Shit I forgot about G Gundam XP
Make this your top priority. :ryukogun

I also recommend GaoGaiGar, G Gundam, Eureka Seven, Promare, Giant Robo, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Full Metal Panic!, Gunbuster!/Diebuster!

Manga-wise, there's Getter Robo Devolution & Gundam: The Origin

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

let's start mostly with the super robot themed series, a quick rec is [in no order]:

- gaogaigar
- g gundam
- gunbuster
- shin mazinger z
- brave raideen
- rahxephon
- giant robo
- gaiking maryu
- getter robo armageddon
- golion (original version of voltron)

ps: in 9anime.to you can watch pmuch all the series you llike in hd :yousmart

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Yea. Recently built.

astray gundam red frame kai.

:kannasip shit was fun and annoying at the same time. Took me half a day to finish it.

Oh shit you're talking about the show.

:kannasip damn I'm talking about gunpla.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I built my first Gunpla several months ago for the hell of it. It was an old HG Shining Gundam (G Gundam deserves more love). It's kind of tedious, but I feel like it was worth giving a shot. Just make sure you pick up some sort of tool kit to do it with if you go ahead.

I don't know if I'll do any more but if I do it'll probably be the HG Master Gundam that comes with Fuunsaiki.
The only tool you actually need is basically a small clipper and a tweezer.

:kannasip

Last edited:
Back