Mecha/Mech General

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I rewatched GaoGaiGar. It's gone from a "somewhere in my favourites" to my third favourite mecha series (and definately in my top 10 somewhere). I finished it filled with catharsis and awe.

Also, this arrived today.
20230911_152736.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I finally finished Code Geass, including R2! It did have some issues with writing, of course, but I still had a great time with it. I often get nostalgic 2000s animes like this (and the story beats and character arctypes that come with them).

On this subject, I've also started Back Arrow, which was directed by Goro Taniguchi (Code Geass) and written by Kazuki Nakashima (Gurren Lagann, my all time favourite!), which has a lot of callbacks to 2000s animes, and even many recuring character archtypes from both creators that make me happy (I've seen Ryuko, Galo, Euphemia, Shirley, Rivalz and Llyod so far).

I'm not completely done with Code Geass though...
20231204-181816.jpg

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I finally finished Code Geass, including R2! It did have some issues with writing, of course, but I still had a great time with it. I often get nostalgic 2000s animes like this (and the story beats and character arctypes that come with them).

On this subject, I've also started Back Arrow, which was directed by Goro Taniguchi (Code Geass) and written by Kazuki Nakashima (Gurren Lagann, my all time favourite!), which has a lot of callbacks to 2000s animes, and even many recuring character archtypes from both creators that make me happy (I've seen Ryuko, Galo, Euphemia, Shirley, Rivalz and Llyod so far).

I'm not completely done with Code Geass though...
20231204-181816.jpg
nothing will ever top the sheer batshit insanity that is R2

it's my favorite completely off the rails season

Back