• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
It's not that he's "holding back" in the sense of restraint. He's literally actively restraining the stars that are trying to fall out of the sky into the earth because of other plot things (like Ranni).

Its explicitly a constant continuous effort on his part and the moment he dies they start falling.
Another thing to note is that he's Ranni's full brother, and yet he obstructed her destiny. Which again makes me question Ranni. Since Radahn was a mostly decent guy. If a bit of a glory hound and a battle maniac.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Another to note is that Jerren is a Carian loyalist, and is the one leading the Redahn Festival.

I think he's blowing hot air when he says it's for Radahn's sake. That, or he has an ulterior or alternative motivation on top of that one. That being an agent of Ranni. Since he also tries to stop Sellen from taking over the academy and forcing Rennala out of the Grand Library.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Another thing to note is that he's Ranni's full brother, and yet he obstructed her destiny. Which again makes me question Ranni. Since Radahn was a mostly decent guy. If a bit of a glory hound and a battle maniac.
Wasn't Radahn going around attacking other's lands like Morgott for example? I know there is an image that seems to show them fighting though it seems to have their size be inconsistence as there are soldiers besides them who seem to be as tall despite the fact the two are way bigger in game.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Wasn't Radahn going around attacking other's lands like Morgott for example? I know there is an image that seems to show them fighting though it seems to have their size be inconsistence as there are soldiers besides them who seem to be as tall despite the fact the two are way bigger in game.
It seemed more like Morgott was attacking him, but all of them wanted to become lord except Morgott.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It seemed more like Morgott was attacking him, but all of them wanted to become lord except Morgott.
Well yeah that's why he kept harping about "Flame of ambition" it's just that it seems like Radahn fans go too far at times to white knight him as being better than others when he suffers the same flaws as the rest even if he is not as bad as say Mogh. Also, why would Morgott be the one attacking him? was there anywhere it was stated he went after Radahn in his own lands?

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Well yeah that's why he kept harping about "Flame of ambition" it's just that it seems like Radahn fans go too far at times to white knight him as being better than others when he suffers the same flaws as the rest even if he is not as bad as say Mogh. Also, why would Morgott be the one attacking him? was there anywhere it was stated he went after Radahn in his own lands?
I was just going by the scene itself. Where it seemed like Morgott struck first, and those looked like Radahn's men surrounding them.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I was just going by the scene itself. Where it seemed like Morgott struck first, and those looked like Radahn's men surrounding them.
So do we have any info or lore stating if Morgott and Radahn ever fought or not?

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
1993%20Marvel%20Masterpieces%204%20-%20Julie%20Bell%20-%20Iron%20Man.jpg
marvel08.jpg

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I mean, he still wanted to be Elden Lord, and while Ranni's motivations after definitely "good" in a sense (once we got the japanese translation anyway) it's still her claiming the throne and taking out all the competitors forever by wiping out the Outer Ones. That also includes any of the gods like Rahdan who have their own designs on the throne.

Ranni having a good end goal doesn't by any stretch simply that her methods are themselves good, and one could argue that Rahdan or one of his siblings could have been an equally good ruler.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The way I see it the appeal of Ranni's route is effectively that she breaks the cycle that appears to have been in place of an Outer One sending an Empryean and them creating their own order.

We know the Dragonlord was in charge before Marika, so they had their own order get usurped by the Golden Order. It's probably happened before that as well because Miyazaki loves his cycles of fate. Ranni isnt a fan so she breaks the cycle and now humanity has to make it's own way.

But the cycle isnt necessarily a bad thing and Marika and the others were implied to at least for a while have led a pretty good reign as I understand it. Completely removing the gods and Outer Ones from the equation opens up a lot of uncertainty and might not even be possible if the Greater Will or whatever is some kind of over deity that goes "bitch dont break my stuff", slaps you and Ranni, and starts the cycle again.

Platinum

Illustrious
We'll stream for a little bit. Jump in if you want to.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
The way I see it the appeal of Ranni's route is effectively that she breaks the cycle that appears to have been in place of an Outer One sending an Empryean and them creating their own order.

We know the Dragonlord was in charge before Marika, so they had their own order get usurped by the Golden Order. It's probably happened before that as well because Miyazaki loves his cycles of fate. Ranni isnt a fan so she breaks the cycle and now humanity has to make it's own way.

But the cycle isnt necessarily a bad thing and Marika and the others were implied to at least for a while have led a pretty good reign as I understand it. Completely removing the gods and Outer Ones from the equation opens up a lot of uncertainty and might not even be possible if the Greater Will or whatever is some kind of over deity that goes "bitch dont break my stuff", slaps you and Ranni, and starts the cycle again.
idk about that last part Marika did tons of blatantly amoral shit during her reign

whether that accurately reflects the greater will or not though is up for debate

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
idk about that last part Marika did tons of blatantly amoral shit during her reign

whether that accurately reflects the greater will or not though is up for debate

I know she did a bunch of conquering and shit at the beginning, and kicked the Tarnished and Godfrey out, but I think the second one was part of her own rebellion against the Golden Order/Two Fingers because they were trying to replace her with another Empryean because cycles. She wanted the Tarnished out of the Lands Between so that after everything went down she could call them back and have them restore her or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back