• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #11: Assemble, You Brave Achaeans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FPiMnAAWQAgpoLy

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Great chapter for Ghost Reaper Girl this week, it's nice to see a Shounen Protagonist legitimately win a fight against a stronger opponent, simply by being smart and coming up with creative uses for an ability not one but two characters (including the opponent and the guy whose had the ability for a long time) said wasn't good for combat. :maybe

And YEAH...about that. I MAY have jumped the gun a bit on assuming the Silver Key had instant death hax. It does appear that the fatal aspect of the ability, is indeed just dimension dumping people to Hades, from which living people generally can't come back from.

WITH THAT SAID, the portals can be used to cut through people ala Doctor Strange portals, space cutting abilities are always nice. 👍

It can also obviously be used to both dimension dump attacks or teleport the user to avoid them and she can come back through the portal at any angle or location she chooses for sneak attacks which energy sensing opponents wont sense coming because she's not in the same dimension.

So the Silver Key is still pretty damn hax, make no mistake. Speed being equal, she would still beat large chunk of the HST, just nowhere near as op as we had previously assumed.

Last edited:

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Didn't actually know the locations of either Azur or Lusat. You encounter Azur by coincidence on Mount Glemir,
and Sellia was the only lead she had about Lusat. She didn't know about the cave, or the illusory walls. And Lusat's connection to Sellia was common knowledge.

Bruh she literally hands you the item you need to get to Lusat

I think that's more in line with the personal costs she had to pay. Rather than that of anyone else. And she's just fine with people thinking she is guilty, because it doesn't involve study.
Uh what personal costs? She downright states she was exiled for participating in the research and we know what the research on the current was doing

"It was for attempting to restore the primeval current of glintstone sorcery. The toothless pedantry peddled by the Carian royal family can rot for all I care. I want glintstone sorceries that open our minds, unbound by terrestrial taboos. No matter what we give in return."

If you mean her body thats even more damning as even Jerren says this isn't the first time she's switched bodies and the fact that theres a graven mass protecting her body in WP doesn't help

It's also not clear whether they died. They just abandoned their glintstone heads for some reason, and we know that's a minor inconvenience for primeval sorcerers due to their partial crystallization. It wasn't just their heads that become partially inorganic. The rest of their bodies did too.
Sellen brings them to the academy and its after she oops herself into a graven mass that you can go back and loot them implying they "were" alive when you met them.

That's why she is a conspectus. Any conspectus is the founder of a new sorcery, and she qualifies as one. Though lunar sorcery was also considered heretical/heterodox for some reason. Perhaps because of something Azur and Lusat knew about the moon.
A conspectus isn't a person its an aspect. Her conspectus was moon sorcery and after showing it she was made leader of the academy. My guess is the only reason she didn't take grandmaster as a title is because her titles already queen

However, only Azur and Lusat held the rank of grand master. On top of being a conspectus. Which is why I doubt Sellen killed them. As they were both far more experienced and powerful than she was.
You wouldn't have to engage in direct combat with two ancient old dudes who couldn't even speak to kill them :maybe

I'll have to play through it again honestly since I haven't done sorcery since my first playthrough but I'm 90% sure all signs pointed to her being guilty which is why I was sad to kill Jerren

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Regular haired Jill Valentine > Blonde Jill Valentine.
Was fucking stupid how she got sidelined after 5 because of "muh PTSD" while we keep getting Chris and Leon returning again and again in almost every title or animated movie coming out nowadays. Shit is annoying how selective Capcom is on who our main characters are even over ones that were there from the start.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Was fucking stupid how she got sidelined after 5 because of "muh PTSD" while we keep getting Chris and Leon returning again and again in almost every title or animated movie coming out nowadays. Shit is annoying how selective Capcom is on who our main characters are even over ones that were there from the start.
Chris got center stage cause he was the most likely to pick up the CoD audience 6 was looking for. Shame they had to bastardize the characters to try and make that a reality but at least we got Piers out of it

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
We've gotten more of Claire than we've gotten of Jill even, which is a crying shame. I like Claire, sure, but Jill, at least to me, is just better. Also would prefer her over Chris with how overused he is, but whatever.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Especially considering pretty much EVERY main character in this series has gone through fucked up shit (joys of being the stars of a horror franchise), AND Jill didn't seem to be that fucked up by it in the actual game. She was apologetic sure but she was quickly able to focus on getting Chris to go after Wesker and then helping Josh escape.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Especially considering pretty much EVERY main character in this series has gone through fucked up shit (joys of being the stars of a horror franchise), AND Jill didn't seem to be that fucked up by it in the actual game. She was apologetic sure but she was quickly able to focus on getting Chris to go after Wesker and then helping Josh escape.
She got the shaft for Chris, so they could insert the diversity hire Sheva Alomar. Because if you've ever actually played RE5, you'll know exactly why I called her that. :mjlol

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
She got the shaft for Chris, so they could insert the diversity hire Sheva Alomar. Because if you've ever actually played RE5, you'll know exactly why I called her that. :mjlol
I have played RE5 and I think that's a bit overly harsh.

Sheva does have a bit of her own character outside of her nationality and sex (what with wanting to avenge her parents killed by bio-weapons) so she's not just "token African woman". She's not amazing character wise, but I also wouldn't say she's just a diversity cast.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I have played RE5 and I think that's a bit overly harsh.

Sheva does have a bit of her own character outside of her nationality and sex (what with wanting to avenge her parents killed by bio-weapons) so she's not just "token African woman". She's not amazing character wise, but I also wouldn't say she's just a diversity cast.
Bro, I wasn't referring to her ethnicity. I was referring to her garbage AI. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back