• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
13fKHHU.jpg
wat this be?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
may God rest his soul in peace, and my condolences, don't give up as harsh as it might be, your pops wouldnt want you to feel down, keep moving forward and have the good memories of him, as part of you
I appreciate the kind words, Blade. Just been reminiscing about him as of late, is all. Would never even think of giving up and not moving forward, as that's one of the main things he instilled in me to never do, no matter how bad things might get. I ain't about to regress now and in a way, disrespect his memory like that. I'll keep soldiering on, and at the risk of sounding a bit too mushy, will carry a piece of him with me wherever I go.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That's neat to hear as I have Irish ancestry on my father's side of the family so it's cool to hear something from someone born and raised there. How would you describe it there on personal experience?
On the subject, my heritage is something like 25% Italian, 25% Maltese, 22% Irish, 9.5% Scottish, 9.5% Welsh, 6% German and 3% English.

I would like to go to Ireland one day.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
That's neat to hear as I have Irish ancestry on my father's side of the family so it's cool to hear something from someone born and raised there. How would you describe it there on personal experience?
Its been good, I'd say. People here love their drink, which makes it awkward for me a bit, since I don't do that at all. Mostly just like any other people from what I've seen, though we do have our own eccentricities, as you'd expect, like their being dozens of different accents. Some so thick, that even as a fellow Irishman myself, I struggle like fuck to understand.

:hestonpls That's also interesting to hear about you having some ancestry there! As for me, there's Irish in both sides of my family. My mother being about as pureblood Irish as you can get, whilst my dad was a bit of a mixed bag. Most of it was Irish too, but he has a bit of British and like a third Nigerian in him. Never bothered to ask him how, but I'd say he got it from his mum, seeing as his father, from like the one picture I've seen of him, looks to be mostly Irish as well, if not full on.
:mjlol

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Its been good, I'd say. People here love their drink, which makes it awkward for me a bit, since I don't do that at all. Mostly just like any other people from what I've seen, though we do have our own eccentricities, as you'd expect, like their being dozens of different accents. Some so thick, that even as a fellow Irishman myself, I struggle like fuck to understand.

:hestonpls That's also interesting to hear about you having some ancestry there! As for me, there's Irish in both sides of my family. My mother being about as pureblood Irish as you can get, whilst my dad was a bit of a mixed bag. Most of it was Irish too, but he has a bit of British and like a third Nigerian in him. Never bothered to ask him how, but I'd say he got it from his mum, seeing as his father, from like the one picture I've seen of him, looks to be mostly Irish as well, if not full on.
:mjlol
A lot of people here in the US have Irish ancestry due to all the immigration over here in the 1800s due to shit like the great Potato famine and other shit like that. Your dad being part Nigerian is funny because you will be surprised to find so many blacks in the US have Irish blood in them as well to the point that the stereotypical common name for a black guy, Tyrone, is actually Celtic in origin. Try telling them that and see if they seethe about being part white instead of being fully African. :trinny

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
A lot of people here in the US have Irish ancestry due to all the immigration over here in the 1800s due to shit like the great Potato famine and other shit like that. Your dad being part Nigerian is funny because you will be surprised to find so many blacks in the US have Irish blood in them as well to the point that the stereotypical common name for a black guy, Tyrone, is actually Celtic in origin. Try telling them that and see if they seethe about being part white instead of being fully African. :trinny
yea, U.S. is pretty diverse in their ancestry due to a lot of immigration and british colonizing multiple countries at once.
Seriously if you expect to be full blooded there's no doubt you wouldn't be if you are from U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back