• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Toppo was legitimately more interesting than Jiren was.

Like it says a lot when the best villain in your arc (and in fact one of the most entertaining aspects of the arc as a whole), is a returning Frieza who is a shadow of his Namek Saga peak and is pretty much a joke by the end. :kobeha

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Just finished Multiverse of Madness. It's pretty good. Had some cool moments, had some mid moments, had good cgi it's an mcu movie.
The only thing I've seen from it is Wanda of all bitches trying to call out Dr. Strange for his plan getting people killed for years until Endgame. Which is hilariously stupid bullshit given the bullshit she's pulling off in WandaVision :mjlol .

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
The only thing I've seen from it is Wanda of all bitches trying to call out Dr. Strange for his plan getting people killed for years until Endgame. Which is hilariously stupid bullshit given the bullshit she's pulling off in WandaVision :mjlol .
That's kinda a thing that's set up in the movie. Both Strange and Wanda are hypocrites, but at least Strange usually reverses whatever situation his hypocrisy creates and owns up to it. Unlike Wanda.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
FSD4AosWQAECy65

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
That's kinda a thing that's set up in the movie. Both Strange and Wanda are hypocrites, but at least Strange usually reverses whatever situation his hypocrisy creates and owns up to it. Unlike Wanda.
Shit was just funny when I saw it. Strange didn't have a choice and did it for everyone's safety. Wanda's brainwashing people into a sitcom because she's just a selfish bitch:kobeha. If anyone's to blame for people's deaths its Starlord being a fucking idiot :mjlol .

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
So Some nitpicks and things I liked about MOM.

I'm not sure how much I liked the 'evil Strange' just being yandere for Christine, since the trailers made him seem way more important.

The Gargantos monster was a visual spectacle, but I really hated how Strange literally gets knocked out with a wet slap. Like Wong does more damage to it than Strange does.

Also Strange jobs a lot. Like in Thor Ragnarok he messes with Thor and Loki like as if their children, and he showed he could manipulate reality in the mirror dimension in NWH and was powerful enough to hold back the multiverse. Or his fight with Thanos.

But here? He just traps the Scarlet Witch in the mirror dimension with a bunch of spikes. Really? That's all you could do Strange?

Also Strange not knowing that the Book Of Vishanti is real or about that Darkhold temple. Despite having been you know, the previous Sorcerer Supreme.

Another thing. Scarlet Witch being held back by Captain Carter, I don't read comics, but unless Captain Carter has some sort of other powers than being Captain America with a jetpack then why didn't Scarlet just snap her neck and be done with her? She literally took away Black Bolt's mouth and turned Reed Richards into pool noodles.

Also that chase scene with Scarlet. Like you know you could fly Wanda? Why are you hobbling towards them?

Really feels like Strange and Scarlet's powers and intelligence were taken from them.

Also, the Wraiths were cool when they appeared. But then when they surrounded Wanda they just went from generic ghoul screams to cartoonish 'baaaa's and 'gaaaaa's.

Of course, there are good things about this movie.

The CGI in this movie was great, much better than most. Strange's music battle with evil Strange was cool. Zombie Strange with that Wraith cloak was an incredibly badass look. Also, it's been so long since we had an MCU movie without cheesy jokes in every line that I forgot how much better the MCU could be if they just stopped doing that.

Strange's arc about realizing that he may never be truly happy but still moving forward was bittersweet, though I don't think that it's done yet.

Chavez may be a plot device, but she's a good plot device, and at least has a backstory.

Christine joining the team was unexpected but cool. I really liked the scene with her saving Strange from the Wraiths, it doesn't feel like a forced 'girl's are badass' scene like in endgame, but actually organic.

I was thinking that the third eye Strange get's from the Darkhold was gonna have consequences, but from that teaser it seems that it doesn't really affect Strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back