• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #17: Beyond Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got good news everyone:
During the Anime Matsuri Special Presentation Stream, Anime Matsuri co-owner Deneice Leigh announced that they created a new recording studio with Jacob Takanashi and Vic Mignogna as not only voice talent as well as ADR Directors and were co-producing two new English dubs of GENBANOJO and ZIP! SHIMEZO from Nippon Animation:

unknown.png

And for those who want to know what Nippon Animation even is...

Also it just hit me that it sounds like the studio will be working with Nippon Animation for the time being? I'm looking into their repertoire to see if any of them have been brought to the States in the past, and Saban was the only one bringing them over, but only a few shows. I mean FFS neither Anne of Green Gables nor Heidi: Girl of the Alps have not, I repeat, NOT come out to the States. You would think the names of Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata would've meant there'd be interest in bringing them over.

Nada. Not for North America.

If Anime Matsuri's new studio is gonna be working with Nippon Animation, this potentially means we're gonna be getting some of the World Masterpiece Theaters out here, and maybe some of the Saban stuff rescued that Discotek Media hasn't touched.

This is a big fucking deal, and anyone who's gonna scream and throw fits over the fact Christian Man Bad is getting involved with this have shown their asses as the fakes and posers they are who don't give two shits about anime.

World Masterpiece Theater is a big deal in Japan. It's not just American literature, it's other popular literature that's famous the world-over (sometimes not even literature, there's Trapp Family Story based on the Austrian family singing group). The rest of the world got these anime, we just never did probably because of length. I wouldn't have doubted that Nickelodeon back in the day would've had the interest to give them that television deal Saban would've looked for, but y'know, licenses cost money and the like, and Saban was changing gears in the '90s.

It's just a real travesty and shame no one's tried to bring more of them to the States and give them more exposure. It's like the final frontier of weebdom.

Yeah, these people and Vic are gonna be getting alot of work as they admitted themselves.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Good for Vic, man. Glad to see things on the up and up for him after those assholes backstabbed and tried to ruin him.
What happened with Vic again? I think I vaguely remember something about him being an asshole, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's another instance of defamation which isn't actually true to reality that I've seen way too much.

Good for Vic, man. Glad to see things on the up and up for him after those assholes backstabbed and tried to ruin him.

Considering how stupid Crunchyroll has been acting as if late and how many people here are Ex-Funimation AND Ken Akamatsu has a seat in the Japanese Government?
They better watch the fuck out playing these games as there will be stupid prizes to gather if Japan really wants to avoid their shit being changed anymore and too many VA are sick of the games Crunchyroll is doing.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
What happened with Vic again? I think I vaguely remember something about him being an asshole, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's another instance of defamation which isn't actually true to reality that I've seen way too much.
It is defamation and pure slander. The people pushing it are worthless trash that constantly doctored their evidence because no actual evidence existed. They're the worst of scum.

Basically he got framed after DBS Broly's English release over complete bullshit which basically ruined his career(But didn't really kill his fanbase and did the opposite). So the fact that he and someone else opened up a new ADR with him as it's Director basically is huge on it's own and can easily lead to some real major shit, especially since apparently, they already got work lined up.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Considering how stupid Crunchyroll has been acting as if late and how many people here are Ex-Funimation AND Ken Akamatsu has a seat in the Japanese Government?
They better watch the fuck out playing these games as there will be stupid prizes to gather if Japan really wants to avoid their shit being changed anymore and too many VA are sick of the games Crunchyroll is doing.
I really wish they double down so they get destroyed. Good riddance, I'd say. Nothing of value would be lost.:yousmart

I really wish they double down so they get destroyed. Good riddance, I'd say. Nothing of value would be lost.:yousmart

At the rate it's happening, they will be fully reduced back to distributor at best with the fact that people HOPED Crunchyroll would allow them to actually make some decent pay for once(Which didn't happen) and now they are playing favorites and firing anyone with a connection to Vic...

You can see where the problem is immediately and now with a new Studio opening up that's already getting work as is...
And now, you have one of the most ardent defenders against Manga Censorship and "Woke" translations shit in Ken Akamatsu getting into Government Office and now you have a recipe for fucking disaster.

So yeah, they are already doubling down something fierce as is.

"B-But Sony has both Crunchyroll and Aniplex! They are basically a massive conglomerate"
In a sense yes, but it ignores that Sony barely has control over both as is(And Aniplex NA is fully controlled by Aniplex JP) as Sony is basically getting mulched ever since their main HQ move to California to the point it looks like they heavily regret that decision kinda goes against that wholesale.

And it still doesn't stop any real plans of potentially conglomerating their Distribution networks themselves and making sure whoever they send their rights to fully play ball(and some already do like TOEI and Funimation with DBZ or Aniplex NA and it's Translation Team to Aniplex JP and Lasengele for FGO).

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
At the rate it's happening, they will be fully reduced back to distributor at best with the fact that people HOPED Crunchyroll would allow them to actually make some decent pay for once(Which didn't happen) and now they are playing favorites and firing anyone with a connection to Vic...

You can see where the problem is immediately and now with a new Studio opening up that's already getting work as is...
And now, you have one of the most ardent defenders against Manga Censorship and "Woke" translations shit in Ken Akamatsu getting into Government Office and now you have a recipe for fucking disaster.

So yeah, they are already doubling down something fierce as is.
As I said, good riddance to them. Get woke, go broke. And would you look at that? Vic's coming out the winner in the end while those who tried to ruin him are steadily losing all their power and their jobs. Couldn't have happened to nicer people, eh? :hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It is defamation and pure slander. The people pushing it are worthless trash that constantly doctored their evidence because no actual evidence existed. They're the worst of scum.
The allegations were a joke too. The “sexual harassment” Monica talked about? Vic eating a jelly bean and comparing it to eating her as a joke or some shit is the best she could come up with.

It was obvious they just wanted to bring him down because of his success. Look at the timing of these allegations. They all suddenly came rolling in right after the Broly movie broke records. And no one was going to see that movie for Chris or soyboy diva Sean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back