• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #17: Beyond Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FXaN09QVEAADbtU
FXaX1nxXkAE4cju

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Bakugou's asswhoping in that chapter was top tier disrespect:mjlol . Nibba even cried afterwards because of it :skully. You don't recover from getting picked up by someone's feet, getting thrown up and kicked mid fall. Its game over after that, what a waste of space :mjlol. All Might's way is supposed to be wrong and all Hori does is show that he's right. No shit Endeavor and the other heroes couldn't help him fight Afo, they'd just be liabilities if they tried, Bakugou literally existing right now is being a liability since Afo/Ashyraki want him dead to piss Izuku off.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
i wasn't aware of this, hmmm

as i said before, idc about actor's personal issues and stuff, i care only if the char the voice is good

obv

this movie was bad from brian

still, it doesn't change the fact, as a va, he is good

but sadly, he needs an upgrade on human interaction and respect, smh
Never meet your heroes. Lol

James Marsters is great though. Could give a damn what his political views are so long as he keeps it separate from his job and when talking with fans and isn’t obnoxious about it unlike that moron Brian.

Killed it with Zamasu and his performance as King Piccolo in Evolution was the best thing in an otherwise bad movie

Bakugou's asswhoping in that chapter was top tier disrespect:mjlol . Nibba even cried afterwards because of it :skully. You don't recover from getting picked up by someone's feet, getting thrown up and kicked mid fall. Its game over after that, what a waste of space :mjlol. All Might's way is supposed to be wrong and all Hori does is show that he's right. No shit Endeavor and the other heroes couldn't help him fight Afo, they'd just be liabilities if they tried, Bakugou literally existing right now is being a liability since Afo/Ashyraki want him dead to piss Izuku off.
That's always been the biggest problem with series like MHA which preaches that type of shit.

Yeah it's nice and all to preach that people can work together to defeat a common foe... but if you literally need the strongest people to carry your ass, the fuck is the point?!

Naruto also did this with the 4th Ninja War and pretended anyone who wasn't Naruto, Killer Bee, the Kages or Might Guy was actually contributing is a complete joke, especially at the tail end of it.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Disney running out of things to adapt to rip off from Stan Lee now
Bob Iger's time was a boom for the company but in the long run it seems his acquisitions just gave them temporary new wells. They depleted them and now they don't know what to do. That's what happens when you rely on nothing but sequels, remakes, midquels, etc., instead of innovating.

Star Wars? Run into the ground. And people hilariously thought Disney would save it.

Marvel? Had a good run but now seems depleted.

Pixar? Depleted.

The only truly breakout original work of genius that they've done in the last decade was Frozen.

Iger created a temporary boom town but now it's drying up and people go elsewhere. Chapek, meanwhile, seems like a human version of Siri with a male voice.

The irony is that Eisner is probably going to go down as being better than either of them.

Last edited:

sir_fire

Distinguished

So Bakugou is basically the new Jobetta after this?

Bob Iger's time was a boom for the company but in the long run it seems his accusations just gave them temporary new wells. They depleted them and now they don't know what to do. That's what happens when you rely on nothing but sequels, remakes, midquels, etc., instead of innovating.

Star Wars? Run into the ground. And people hilariously thought Disney would save it.

Marvel? Had a good run but now seems depleted.

Pixar? Depleted.

The only truly breakout original work of genius that they've done in the last decade was Frozen.

Iger created a temporary boom town but now it's drying up and people go elsewhere. Chapek, meanwhile, seems like a human version of Siri with a male voice.

The irony is that Eisner is probably going to go down as being better than either of them.

The worst part was that if they didn't buy Star Wars, they actually was going to make a Tron series and other shit to latch onto which honestly after Tron Legacy? Would have been a great idea to do so for their own shit, could even do alternative tellings of Tron too at that and other anthology works.

But nah, got Star Wars, fuck all that work on Tron and throw it out.
This is why Disney is running out of ideas and is beginning to die like an old decrepit corpse.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Link chapter

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
The worst part was that if they didn't buy Star Wars, they actually was going to make a Tron series and other shit to latch onto which honestly after Tron Legacy? Would have been a great idea to do so for their own shit, could even do alternative tellings of Tron too at that and other anthology works.

But nah, got Star Wars, fuck all that work on Tron and throw it out.
This is why Disney is running out of ideas and is beginning to die like an old decrepit corpse.

Kennedy actually fucks up a lot of shit when it comes to SW

to the point both the actors and bosses have to try and dance around theri fuckups

Kennedy actually fucks up a lot of shit when it comes to SW

to the point both the actors and bosses have to try and dance around theri fuckups

Basically why Star Wars is so absolutely turbo-fucked.
I don't have a problem with adding in stronger Force powers because the EU did that too(Honestly getting so tired of people bitching about "Why didn't Vader grab the Millenium Falcon if he can hold the Freighter in Kenobi?" when that type of shit happens all the time and people ignore it for less because suspension of disbelief is a thing) but the real problem is how fucking nonsensical and pre-determined everything is and how they still can't land the finish at all.

Kenobi basically forces an Obi-Wan and Vader confrontation twice... when canonically, they never met after Mustafar... so the show has to justify this twice over just to get their stupid "memberberries" fight and not only is the way we get there twice over absolute shit but the fights themselves are straight fucking awful and full of dumbass references with an end that ultimately makes Obi Wan culpable for anything Vader ever did since then.
Disney Star Wars is the trainwreck to end all trainwrecks.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
That's always been the biggest problem with series like MHA which preaches that type of shit.

Yeah it's nice and all to preach that people can work together to defeat a common foe... but if you literally need the strongest people to carry your ass, the fuck is the point?!

Naruto also did this with the 4th Ninja War and pretended anyone who wasn't Naruto, Killer Bee, the Kages or Might Guy was actually contributing is a complete joke, especially at the tail end of it.
The rasengan sharing is still hilarious. As if the konoha 11 even mattered at that point :skully .

So Bakugou is basically the new Jobetta after this?

Yeah but hey at least Jobgeta managed to take down some of Freeza's top enforcers. All Bakugou does is fight weak students :mjlol.

The rasengan sharing is still hilarious. As if the konoha 11 even mattered at that point :skully .

Honestly that got me as bad as Neji's death did once I really looked at it.
Cool image sure but holy fuck was that not even remotely close to worth it and just makes the Kohona 11 look like a fucking joke.
It's basically "Shit, I forgot I even had these characters... wait, I can pretend that they mattered all along by allowing some random tripe to happen" crap which just gets fans of those characters to be happy until later on when it's fucking nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back