• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #17: Beyond Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I'm putting off watching any MCU flick from now on but I'll be down with watching this if it's good because even if the DCEU has it's own set of problems I am a big enough fan of the Rock to enjoy him in what seems to be a more serious action flick and finally seeing Dr Fate on screen is sweet.

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
FYY09UwaUAAybmr

FYR1kCHVEAIb8-C

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Rio was great but coolest Zexal girl was definitely Anna.

Trains are one of my favorite decks too
Character wise, I wasn't huge on any of the ZEXAL girls really. Though the woman who challenged Tron (the one who had a thing for Kaito, can't remember her name) showed a lot of guts.

Yuma's sister was definitely the hottest though.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Character wise, I wasn't huge on any of the ZEXAL girls really. Though the woman who challenged Tron (the one who had a thing for Kaito, can't remember her name) showed a lot of guts. Yuma's sister was definitely the hottest though.
Droite and she’s the hottest for me.

dextra_sexy_by_yuioka_demw5x0-350t.jpg

Shin Yoshida is terrible at writing females and Zexal being probably his worst. Vrains also disgusted me with how Aoi was handled too.

Can’t believe they hired him now to do a Sky Striker manga spin-off where the protagonist is a female.

I'm putting off watching any MCU flick from now on but I'll be down with watching this if it's good because even if the DCEU has it's own set of problems I am a big enough fan of the Rock to enjoy him in what seems to be a more serious action flick and finally seeing Dr Fate on screen is sweet.

They'll atleast represent the power of the superheroes and villains well enough unlike the MCU.
And they actually take themselves seriously unlike the MCU. The failure of the DCEU is only due to terrible Word of Mouth of Man of Steel because "It's not their Superman story" and "Too dark" and WB basically sabotaging every other movie since.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Shin Yoshida is terrible at writing females and Zexal being probably his worst. Vrains also disgusted me with how Aoi was handled too.

Can’t believe they hired him now to do a Sky Striker manga spin-off where the protagonist is a female.
Yeah the writing for females has NEVER been good in Yu-Gi-Oh. 5Ds is probably the best with Aki, Carly and Sherry, but even then two of them fell into irrelevance after the Dark Signer arc so still not great in general.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah the writing for females has NEVER been good in Yu-Gi-Oh. 5Ds is probably the best with Aki, Carly and Sherry, but even then two of them fell into irrelevance after the Dark Signer arc so still not great in general.
Aki and the twins got sidelined despite being Signers so Crow could get more screen time to sell more Blackwings.

Show even eventually pulled a retcon to make Crow end up being a Signer with his own Dragon in one of the worst implemented asspulls just for the sake of product pushing.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I mean she definitely looks good, don't get me wrong but Akari's hotter for me.
d46qiix-2c68577e-e5ce-41f2-99a3-d303640de3cb.png

Of course if we count the monsters, Gagaga Girl smokes both of them. :maybe
9044c4077c32dfb89ba842521db6c6b3d3c38be8ff298219a07877af4b26e0c0_thumb.png

Aki and the twins got sidelined despite being Signers so Crow could get more screen time to sell more Blackwings.

Show even eventually pulled a retcon to make Crow end up being a Signer with his own Dragon in one of the worst implemented asspulls just for the sake of product pushing.
This was especially bullshit because they ALREADY SHOWED LIFE STREAM DRAGON in a flashback, where it's connection to Power Tool Dragon was directly foreshadowed. So Black Feather Dragon comes completely out of nowhere.

Forcing us to wait until near the end of the series to get the true 5th Signer dragon to show up and for Rua to get the Signer Mark he rightfully deserved back in the dark signer arc for pretty much defeating a Dark Signer 1 v 1 (Ruka doesn't switch decks when she takes over, Rua would have made the winning play himself if he could still stand).

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I mean she definitely looks good, don't get me wrong but Akari's hotter for me.
d46qiix-2c68577e-e5ce-41f2-99a3-d303640de3cb.png

Of course if we count the monsters, Gagaga Girl smokes both of them. :maybe
9044c4077c32dfb89ba842521db6c6b3d3c38be8ff298219a07877af4b26e0c0_thumb.png

This was especially bullshit because they ALREADY SHOWED LIFE STREAM DRAGON in a flashback, where it's connection to Power Tool Dragon was directly foreshadowed. So Black Feather Dragon comes completely out of nowhere.

Forcing us to wait until near the end of the series to get the true 5th Signer dragon to show up and for Rua to get the Signer Mark he rightfully deserved back in the dark signer arc for pretty much defeating a Dark Signer 1 v 1 (Ruka doesn't switch decks when she takes over, Rua would have made the winning play himself if he could still stand).
Best of all, instead of an alternate world Aki or perhaps the grown up Rua for Arc-V’s Synchro Dimension, we get Jack Atlas whose a great choice but Crow yet again for more Blackwings.

If there’s one thing I hate about Yugioh, it’s this obsession by the writers to always have Yugi-Kaiba-Joey replicas in each series starting with 5Ds. Especially when the Joey’s are as poorly done as Crow.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Best of all, instead of an alternate world Aki or perhaps the grown up Rua for Arc-V’s Synchro Dimension, we get Jack Atlas whose a great choice but Crow yet again for more Blackwings.
It's especially weird because they had the restraint not to have Ryo be the second GX representative so they can have more Cyber Dragons (another popular archetype), they actually allowed Asuka to get some screen-time which was nice.

Just wish they'd given Aki the same benefit. Like even if she was there along with Crow, so they could have their Blackfeathers, but nah we gotta stick with Team satisfaction.
If there’s one thing I hate about Yugioh, it’s this obsession by the writers to always have Yugi-Kaiba-Joey replicas in each series. Especially when the Joey’s are as poorly done as Crow
ZEXAL doesn't really have a Jonouchi, just saying. :maybe

But yeah, it's the same as Digimon always trying to copy the Taichi vs Yamato dynamic. One of the reasons Tamers is really good is they didn't feel the need to do that.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I haven't watched anything from the dceu except wonder woman and Justice League both of which is just kinda forgettable. I was thinking of watching Aquaman and SHAZAM. But I heard that they were adding jokes and stuff just like the mcu and that kinda turned me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back