• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #17: Beyond Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
FYdBl8rXkAMMQsj

lol
We got a discount Frieza and Vegeta and Winnie the Pooh instead.

Magetta was okay and Hit was the only legitimately cool character introduced

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
We got a discount Frieza and Vegeta and Winnie the Pooh instead.

Magetta was okay and Hit was the only legitimately cool character introduced
Hit's legit the only character worth a damn from Universe 6 in general. The Universe 6 female Saiyans could've been great, but obnoxiously bad execution on both the anime and manga fronts made them more insufferable than anything else.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hit's legit the only character worth a damn from Universe 6 in general. The Universe 6 female Saiyans could've been great, but obnoxiously bad execution on both the anime and manga fronts made them more insufferable than anything else.
I was fine with both Kale and Caulifla but they definitely could have been handled better. Heck even Cabba was an improvement in the Tournament of Power where he had more of a backbone

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Felt so robbed in the DBS manga of Gohan vs Kefla. Most of the fight happened off panel and we just got to them double KOing each other instead.

DBS manga Tournament of Power is easily the worst arc in the entire manga. You can tell Toyo was trying to breeze through everything ASAP to get on to more original content

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Felt so robbed in the DBS manga of Gohan vs Kefla. Most of the fight happened off panel and we just got to them double KOing each other instead.

DBS manga Tournament of Power is easily the worst arc in the entire manga. You can tell Toyo was trying to breeze through everything ASAP to get on to more original content
Breeze through it when he could've made his own completely different version of it, with many different things happening compared to the anime. Unless Toriyama got in the way, which I doubt, if he had any true writing chops, he would've recognized and been able to make that arc as original as possible, when compared to the anime.

But nope. :mjlol Lets just breeze right through that to get to the Moro saga, which I believed to objectively be the worst arc in all of Super by a country mile, until Granolah popped up and started giving it a serious run for its money.:russ

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Breeze through it when he could've made his own completely different version of it, with many different things happening compared to the anime. Unless Toriyama got in the way, which I doubt, if he had any true writing chops, he would've recognized and been able to make that arc as original as possible, when compared to the anime.

But nope. :mjlol Lets just breeze right through that to get to the Moro saga, which I believed to objectively be the worst arc in all of Super by a country mile, until Granolah popped up and started giving it a serious run for its money.:russ
Tournament of Power was so lazily done and half-assed I genuinely consider even the Granolah and Moro Arcs better for at least feeling complete and with some effort put into them. This was a travesty.

Though still better to read than Burrito :russ

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Toriyama’s views =/= Toei/Toyo’s views

Remember when Toriyama said we’re not gonna see SSJ2/SSJ3 again? Well it’s not contradicted, we haven’t seen those forms in the films since BoG

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Toriyama’s views =/= Toei/Toyo’s views

Remember when Toriyama said we’re not gonna see SSJ2/SSJ3 again? Well it’s not contradicted, we haven’t seen those forms in the films since BoG
I’m completely convinced Toyo handles most of the story with maybe some imput from Toriyama. The recent movies written by him are a drastic leap in quality compared to the arcs in the DB manga.

Still wish Toriyama would handle the manga better since he is credited with the story on the volumes

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Toriyama gives him major plot points to follow and Toyo handles other details himself, at least that's what I've heard

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also I’m starting to rethink my placement on Super Hero

Battle of Gods might be a bit better. Broly > all of them tho

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Toriyama is the one who came up with the Heaters, Toronbo and the new Namekian lore (they migrated from a universe outside of the 12 universes)

Toyotaro came up with Granola and introduced Bardock into the story

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Toriyama is the one who came up with the Heaters, Toronbo and the new Namekian lore (they migrated from a universe outside of the 12 universes)

Toyotaro came up with Granola and introduced Bardock into the story
🤨

The Dragon Ball megaverse huh? :mjpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back