• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #17: Beyond Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
>Bakugou can still do something, hes still alive, you're judging too early.

His ultimate attack got no sold, he got his arm twisted so that its unusable which is bad because Unlike Endeavor or the Todoroki's Bakugou can't spread his quirk around his body or anything. He needs his hands, the nigga can't even fly anymore at this point. Unless Hori pulls some more shit out his ass the dudes done :kobeha . Now forget the stupid shit in the main series and see why Knuckleduster is one of the best things that came from Vigilantes

tumblr_ov9nu7HzhU1uro4v8o1_1280.jpg

98f0431d27b8405392e352a464c1335d91d504cd.jpg
Looks like a cross between ALEX LOUIS ARMSTRONG, THE STRONGARM ALCHEMIST and Father Anderson

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I just watched Advent Children again, and I forgot that in the middle of the fight between Reno and Rude vs the other two Sephiroth-knockoffs, Reno accidentally insults Jenova. The two knockoffs get pissed and demand an apology.....which Reno *gives them* before going "your moms cool.......wait WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING" and then the fight starts up again :skully

Shit legit had me laughing out loud when I saw it again :kobeha

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Well at least they're being somewhat reasonab...
He's also very good at squeezing out depth with very little panel time with characters who have a more tragic background that's his go to. Nnoitra being one of the standouts.
Well so much for that. :breh

Seriously WTF, Nnoitra is not a standout anything. The ironic thing is that NELLIEL is, SHE'S the one where he actually achieved a lot with very little in this same time-frame but these people have to jizz over Nnoitra for some reason.
Random example but what would have been a simple rivalry relationship with Nell in any other story, turned out to be something a lot more nuanced and interesting.
No a simple rivalry is exactly all it actually was. Nnoitra was at best, a vehicle used to allow Nelliel to show off how interesting of a character SHE was.

All this supposed "nuance" is just people desparately grasping at straws and reading way too much into it, so they can pretend Nnoitra is much more interesting than he actually is.
On that note, the larger than life setting and more typical shonen character contrasted with the grounded relationships and tragic scenarios makes it more "human" for a lack of a better word. Stories like Tousen's, Sunshui's or Matsumoto aren't some epic fucked up tale. They're people who lost someone in some way and the way it shapes who they are is pretty relatable.
There's absolutely nothing "relatable" about how Tosen's story ends up. The man tries to kill his best friend and his protege without any hesitation, neither of whom had anything to do with his woman's death. There's no relatability there, Kubo completely fucked up on his portrayal of this character and no information given years after the fact makes up for it.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Lel , that's always the go to for Belch apologists.

"It's actually a very nuanced series and you either don't understand it or you're just a hater ".

Yeah, Belch has its good parts, it's why people still talk about it, but at the end of the day its just a mediocre series that squandered a huge potential.

Ain't the first, won't be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back