• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
man. the timeline for what came before what with TTGL is fucking wild
Screenshot_1.png

Anime came first, then the manga started 2 months before the anime ended, then the light novel started 2 months after the manga started, but the anime ended 1 month after the light novel started
:Wut:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
man. the timeline for what came before what with TTGL is fucking wild
Screenshot_1.png

Anime came first, then the manga started 2 months before the anime ended, then the light novel started 2 months after the manga started, but the anime ended 1 month after the light novel started
:Wut:
I think that's one of the spinoff manga or Wikipedia needing sitation. The manga adapting the show ran from 2007 to 2013.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I think that's one of the spinoff manga or Wikipedia needing sitation. The manga adapting the show ran from 2007 to 2013.
Its just wild how close to one another they all started and ended. like I thought the manga came first and now I'm finding out that TTGL is an Anime first and then a manga.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Who knows, if the Betterman Gaogaigar thing is getting translated now maybe people will get working on the TTGL manga
I'm honestly surprised there isn't even a fan translation of the TTGL manga with how popular it is. Or the basketball parallel universe manga for that matter too.

I might try and ask Trigger sometime if it's possible for the mangas to be localized, though IIRC a lot of that is often in the hands of people in the West too.

At the very least we are now seeing GaoGaiGar getting the love it deserves. Every time mecha comes up when I'm talking to friends IRL I'm like "have you seen GaoGaiGar?" and the answer is almost always "I've never heard of it." :catsad

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I'm honestly surprised there isn't even a fan translation of the TTGL manga with how popular it is. Or the basketball parallel universe manga for that matter too.

I might try and ask Trigger sometime if it's possible for the mangas to be localized, though IIRC a lot of that is often in the hands of people in the West too.

At the very least we are now seeing GaoGaiGar getting the love it deserves. Every time mecha comes up when I'm talking to friends IRL I'm like "have you seen GaoGaiGar?" and the answer is almost always "I've never heard of it." :catsad
SRW 30 gave my boy GGG the respect he deserved. Final GaoGaiGar is just fucking dope as hell. Getter Robo also got done very well especially with them using Devolution. I did kinda miss Mazinger Zero, I didn't like Infinity as much tbh

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
SRW 30 gave my boy GGG the respect he deserved. Final GaoGaiGar is just fucking dope as hell. Getter Robo also got done very well especially with them using Devolution. I did kinda miss Mazinger Zero, I didn't like Infinity as much tbh
I've yet to play a SRW game I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back