• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT

WHAAAAAAT
FUUUUCK THIS NAKABA

Yeah, you can tell why people are absolutely pissed at this. It doesn't matter if it's painted as wrong, it just further fucks over one of the few decent characters in SDS just so Nakaba can show his fetish off some more.

Nakaba has evolved his writing it seems...

In all the wrong ways. :mjlol

Jesus, he's giving Kishimoto and Samurai Eight a run for it's money...

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
nakaba is easily the worst writer of shounen manga, even worse than Mashima
Mashima has improved to one of the best ongoing mangakas with his new work. Current arc of Edens Zero is one of the best yet. Especially with this bombshell leak.

FZAPSk4WAAIMdvO

Going to find out who Ziggy is in the next few chapters.

Based on a few bits of foreshadowing, I’m calling an evil alternate future of the main character.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Mashima has improved to one of the best ongoing mangakas with his new work. Current arc of Edens Zero is one of the best yet. Especially with this bombshell leak.

FZAPSk4WAAIMdvO

Going to find out who Ziggy is in the next few chapters.

Based on a few bits of foreshadowing, I’m calling an evil alternate future of the main character.
Mashima was good, FT just killed his shit. Not even sure why. Maybe trying new shit with all the dumb fan service in that era.

Rave was good, and he is basically getting back to that level with Eden Zero

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Mashima was good, FT just killed his shit. Not even sure why. Maybe trying new shit with all the dumb fan service in that era.

Guess that means I should try and give the series a shot.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Problem with FT was that it took off more than he expected and would go on longer than he planned. Unlike with Rave and Edens Zero, he was writing Fairy Tail weekly and basically coming up with the plot as he wrote rather than planning out most of it from the beginning

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Boruto > Gohan IMO. Far braver and actually cares about being a ninja (fighter), and a far more compelling series of moral conflicts (i.e., his strained relationship with Naruto that had both sides be wrong to a degree - especially in the anime, as both realize - and his emerging worries and fears about Momoshiki taking his life and body and killing the people he cares for). If Boruto had a competent author, I feel you would agree.

Gohan also kinda fights like a Goku clone, his superior academic knowledge and smarts do not really help until (ironically) DBS. Boruto actually has his own unique combat style that differs from that of Naruto and is portrayed as a genius that uses multiple elements and outside Rasengan.

@Raiken inspired me to develop this thread. I never thought about it before, but IMO it makes sense.

:skully:skully:skully

I have no words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back