• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
samysea-img-20220727-112724-243.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah kind of inevitable with a combination of leaning far more heavily into the visual novel side of it's gameplay, coming out alongside another huge release and the marketing for the game in general being really fucking bad.

People who've played it seem to be generally positive, most of the criticisms boil down to "Too much visual novel, not enough gameplay" and accusing the game of "Adventure shilling".

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
There's no sane person that likes Bakugo besides fujos. And the only people that defend him here, only do so because 'LMAO, DABBING ON SELF INSERTING DEKUFAGS'
Both characters are crap. But Bakugo is a special type of crap, because his popularity is forced entirely by a bunch of crazy fujos in Japan.
I mean, what even is there to like about his character? Like, seriously. We've reached a point in which the fact that 'Bakugo is the most popular character', is just an accepted fact. No one actually bothers to really think 'Ok, WHAT makes people like him so much?'

BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING. There's absolutely nothing. He's just an annoying mess of a kid, with 0 depth, who screams and spergs constantly.
>But anon, no character in this series has any depth
I KNOW. That's why im saying, that besides fujo bait, there's nothing. Neither with him, or Deku, or Shoto.
Yeah BAKUGO DOESN'T EVEN HAVE FIGHTS. Meaningful ones, at least. I'm sure he's exploded some people but they were other students or fodder thugs.
Have you ever had a rival with no fights in another shonen?
Rukawa, Vegeta, Hiei, KAIBA, Matt from Digimon, Sasuke.. they all get to be somewhat protagonic and show off enough that you'd believe someone could have them as their favorite.
Bakugo is like Gary from pokémon but badly done. Gary from pokémon wasn't mean to be a main character despite being a rival, he was just an obstacle, an asshole to be fought at the endgame but he was really fun at that.
If Bakugo was a fun asshole with minimal screen time always one-upping Deku that'd be a funny character, but it's not the case, he's quickly surpassed by the premise of Deku having OFA.

But ignoring powerlevels... everybody else got better screentime than Bakugo. Mirio was awesome in the Yakuza arc. Does Bakugo have something like that? Hell no.
Even Kirishima got to be cool in that arc. Shoto as well was a key character with a story and some fights. From Bakugo I can't remember anything to say "yeah he's my favorite BNHA character" yet he's somehow topping charts
Gary also had a convertible to drive with despite only being 10 years old :mjlol. Bakugou's "death" scene is one of the most pathetic death scenes I've ever seen. Instead of feeling sad I'm just laughing :kobeha. I can't really think of anything like that, Vegeta died against final form Freeza without putting up a fight but the Namek arc built up that Vegeta would pay for being a traitor. Dude killed a shit load of his men and top enforcers at the least before the final fight. Bakugou literally has nothing and its just hilarious :mjlol.
Man I might have to catch up on MHA just to see Bakugo die :mjlol
Ngl the Bakugou fallout is the most fun I've had with this series in a long time :skully .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back