• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Giving Sega cash will show how shit they are- Some Sonic fans probably :mjlol .

This isn't really a Sega thing but people really do need to stop supporting companies if they're giving you a bad product. They'll never learn anything if you fling money at them and complain later.
Isn’t Sonic Origins just remasters of some of the older Sonic titles. Not even remakes? How did Sega mess this up?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
From what I’m seeing it looks like a combination of rushed development and not polishing this (despite the people who made Sonic Mania somehow fucking crunching for shit like this) and DRM screwing over PC players.

Typical Sega. Im playing Spyro Reignited Trilogy right now and I refused to buy this shit at all back when Activision tried to sell me this with only one game on the disc and the other 2 games needing Internet and a massive day 1 update that screws over people with no or limited internet and defeating the entire purpose of physical media and console gaming, at least originally.

It caused enough uproar from people like me that they finally relented a year later back in 2019 to issue a reprint of the disc that now has all 3 games on the disc (along with all the patches) which I than happily bought.

Speak with your wallet people. These fucking companies will relent every time

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Speaking of Spyro, this theme slaps so hard

Having Stewart Copeland behind the music for this and the remakes was best thing ever

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
spyro one of the coolest old series, so much fun
Favorite game in the series? I really have a hard time picking between the first and second and even the third is so good. I’m dying for a new Spyro 4 at this point.

Hopefully with Microsoft keeping both him and Crash on multiple platforms now with their acquisition of Activision.

Putting either as Xbox exclusives will kill the sales of any future titles

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Favorite game in the series? I really have a hard time picking between the first and second and even the third is so good. I’m dying for a new Spyro 4 at this point.

Hopefully with Microsoft keeping both him and Crash on multiple platforms now with their acquisition of Activision.

Putting either as Xbox exclusives will kill the sales of any future titles
its so hard to choose. ripto's rage I think edges it out maybe but I remember being obsessed with Buzz from year of the dragon as a kid for some reason

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
its so hard to choose. ripto's rage I think edges it out maybe but I remember being obsessed with Buzz from year of the dragon as a kid for some reason
Spike from Year of the Dragon traumatized me as a kid. Hardest boss in the series and looked terrifying too. Like when you saw him in his cutscene, you knew you were in for a fight.

Disappointed that the remake both nerfed him since now I can appreciate the challenge he offered and also ruined his design

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It’s funny too because the remake made all the other bosses in all 3 games either the same or harder.

Gulp in Spyro 2 is way harder to avoid with his attacks and Buzz in the third game was made harder from using his ring of fire move more often, his fire breath having a larger hitbox than it looks, and you no longer being able to outrun him too.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The fujo shit is not even what got me here. It’s one of them apparently having a litter of puppies that makes me want break out the eye bleach. Unprecedented levels of cringe.

Im glad I never really became a part of this fandom. Like Naruto, the author clearly went for the lowest hanging fruit for types of fans to attract

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Spike from Year of the Dragon traumatized me as a kid. Hardest boss in the series and looked terrifying too. Like when you saw him in his cutscene, you knew you were in for a fight.

Disappointed that the remake both nerfed him since now I can appreciate the challenge he offered and also ruined his design

yeah it's very odd Spike was far and away the hardest boss in that game besides the queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back