• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Sadly, I’m still subscribed to Disney’s streaming service since my niece and nephew both love movies like Encanto and Luca but I sure as hell dropped any extra payments with those services, carefully monitor the content in anything their watching, and don’t do anything else to give them money.

Haven’t gone to any Disney resort in years and just settle with taking them along with the family for fun road trips now too.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Bakugou's last stand honestly reminds me of a much worse version of Koichi's last stand. They're alike when you think about it. They both fight against someone suffering from an identity crisis/disorder, granted number 6 pulls it off way better which is why hes the best villain in the franchise (written by not Hori of course :mjlol ). They fight against someone with multiple broken quirks. They both get power ups mid battle, though unlike Betagou or Betaku, Chadchi's power up (reflexes, flight, speed, multiple double jumps) are built on his already existing powers meanwhile Bakugou's awakening happens again for full body explosions because the nitroglycerin sweat from his palms seeks victory and needed another outlet (don't even try making sense of this). Dodging attacks is supposed to be impressive but Bakugou got bullied when a feint he saw couldn't apply, meanwhile Koichi literally has ultra Instinct and seeing shit just makes it harder to hit him also unlike Betagou Chadchi could actually do some damage due to a technique that was also foreshadowed and made sense. I could go on but I won't :skully. Betagou got what Hori thought was Might Guy vs Madara but actually got Neji's death scene instead :mjlol.

At least I get pleasantly surprised by Black Clover sometimes and it doesn't do anything explicitly terrible. Far more than I can say about Mha.

I remember people going:
"Oh but Asta's not smart like Izuku, we never get smart Shounen protagonists"
As if I'm supposed to ignore our "genius" here having a Jimmy Neutron brain blast over fucking kicking

"Izuku works harder"

On what fucking planet :skully? Asta worked out since he was in the single digits because it's better than doing nothing despite having nothing to really show that it'll pay off with a magic ability or anything. Izuku couldn't even comprehend the idea of a push up until All Might basically put the boot up the ass to not be a no neck chump :mjlol. Despite living in a series with technology, videos and shit where he would know people can charles atlas their way to power or learn martial arts. Now that I think about it dude was shocked that Aizawa trains in his custom weapons and martial arts because he expects him to sit back and not account for weaknesses I guess :skully. Give Koichi some credit in Mha, at least he was a vigilante before Knuckleduster showed up. He wasn't doing anything serious at all but at least he did what he could, which is apparently too much to ask in Mha. Cause it shocks people when you say that Izuku's notes are practically worthless.

Deku wishes he could be as fucking swole as Asta

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Oh no no bakusisters, our mensch is dead for real this time.

My heart goes out to number 1 Bakugou stan @Blade , who would like privacy to mourn.

bnJzWhS.jpg

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I don't remember Hori ever mentioning health concerns tbh. I think I've seen fans try and justify it with that but Hori hasn't said anything to my knowledge.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
all i know is

that hori must end the series and let the koichi spin off series, be the main canon

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The Sage Deku is pretty fitting. Pain utterly wrecked the entire Leaf village single-handedly with literally everyone there being only good for stalling him until Naruto arrived just like it’s going on now with everyone besides Deku being useless against Shigaraki.

Bakugo himself now going out as disrespectfully as Pain did Hinata.

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
:russ

i will ask from that other mha fanboi instead, known as ripplelad to make that thread instead :mjlol

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
maxresdefault.jpg

btw, time machine is one of the most underrated movies of 00's, even though the books are better, this movie with pearce and irons just for their acting, is superior to most modern movies as well, casually

not to mention, they got some nice hax feats too = mostly for uber morlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back