• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I don't even see it as something new, as some people actually do have that over reaction from time to time.
True

I mean Yuna especially is shaking her head like that because Tidus (the man she's in love with) is about to fade away right before her eyes. Anyone could overreact in that kind of circumstance.

I mean that's gonna happen when you run your mouth and act like a series which is still doing perfectly fine, has had a downfall. :kobeha

Eye of the Beholder there...
But I have been the guy who has consistently seen One Piece as thoroughly overrated, not been a fan of how it does it's story beats and primarily find the character exaggerations to be thoroughly unenjoyable(Basically everyone has one massive character trait and that's it and don't really develop except when an event just happens. Luffy EVER coming off as actually intelligent and not just battle intelligence will forever be as OOC as if Sanji can hit a female in battle and not lose sleep over it).

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Working on my main spawn so more.

20220812031815_1.jpg

20220812031845_1.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Eye of the Beholder there...
But I have been the guy who has consistently seen One Piece as thoroughly overrated, not been a fan of how it does it's story beats and primarily find the character exaggerations to be thoroughly unenjoyable(Basically everyone has one massive character trait and that's it and don't really develop except when an event just happens. Luffy EVER coming off as actually intelligent and not just battle intelligence will forever be as OOC as if Sanji can hit a female in battle and not lose sleep over it).
Yeah but your issues are more of a personal taste kind of thing as opposed to the writing being inherently or offensively bad along the lines of RWBY and such. One Piece just isn't the type of series you enjoy and that's okay.

To assert that the series has suffered some kind of "downfall" though, despite the fact that it still enjoys a generally positive reception, much less one bad enough to require SIX HOURS to complain about it, is asinine no matter how you view the series in general.

Yeah but your issues are more of a personal taste kind of thing as opposed to the writing being inherently or offensively bad along the lines of RWBY and such. One Piece just isn't the type of series you enjoy and that's okay.

To assert that the series has suffered some kind of "downfall" though, despite the fact that it still enjoys a generally positive reception, much less one bad enough to require SIX HOURS to complain about it, is asinine no matter how you view the series in general.

Didn't stop some people with trying with other series(*cough*Supereyepatchwolf*cough* seriously, his retarded take on Bleach was bad enough but even when people finally called him on his shit years later... he just goes right back into his bad take again like a little bitch.)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not the first time Disney got the rights to a big name anime

Remember that one time Naruto Shippuden was on Disney XD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back