• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Worst I hear about OP is that Post timeskip isn’t as good as Pre for fans

One Piece isn’t going away, it’s a cultural icon in Japan
it isn't but it's not even that postskip is bad per se its more that it sacrificed some of the things that made preskip great to focus more on other things

although the only one or two legitimately bad major arcs also happen in postskip soooo

still not enough to say it's a downfall with how good wci and wano have been though

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I do hope people realize that they only have it's Streaming Rights, they don't actually have the license to the show itself, Aniplex has those rights.
Yes I know this, although I wouldn't be surprised if they try to pull something.

I'm just laughing because I know people are gonna freak out, (justifiably so to an extent) simply due to the association with Disney.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Wonder how Disney will stream it. Release episodes one at a time concurrently with Japanese airings or are they gonna pull a Netflix and not stream it until all episodes have been done first and release it all at once.

If it’s the second, double Oof for Bleach fans.
I remember how annoying it was waiting for Edens Zero to get out of Netflix jail

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Quenser is such a savage. Wish we got a second season of this. Been reading ahead and the later stuff that wasn’t adapted is so good

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I do hope people realize that they only have it's Streaming Rights, they don't actually have the license to the show itself, Aniplex has those rights.
My question is can they hold out on the show and ask to apply some form of censorship? Specifically change thing to their standard before bringing it out. Because we all know disney has check mark for shows they allow.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Surprisingly, Disney has a better record with how they treat their anime compared to present Netflix and Crunchyballs.

Granted, they don't get as many series as the others, but so far they've been decent.

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
FZ9wG1OUIAADLqL

Underrated Gym Leader

Finally. We've been blessed once again!

Yeah, the Art honestly still saves it.
He finally does some characterization but it's still feels way too stilted and goes on for too long.
It ends with an absurdly dumb cliffhanger that just feels like a massive waste of time and the surprise feels hollow because we didn't see any of that shit previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back