• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Being serious though, I don’t mind the freebies characters get over the alternative of them being forever sidelined and not doing anything. Wishing for power, Frieza training for a few months being enough for him to go from Namek Saga to shit stomping Super Saiyan Blue Goku, etc.

It’s all undoubtedly lazy writing, but still better than 24/7 Goku Time that was Dragon Ball GT

Worst still, DB super still has issues with this, with Goku and to a lesser extent Vegeta being the only relevant good guys

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Being serious though, I don’t mind the freebies characters get over the alternatives. Wishing for power, Frieza training for a few months being enough for him to go from Namek Saga to shit stomping Super Saiyan Blue Goku, etc.

It’s all undoubtedly lazy writing, but still better than 24/7 Goku Time that was Dragon Ball GT

Worst still, DB super still has issues with this, with Goku and to a lesser extent Vegeta being the only relevant good guys
Well given The movie did well and Gohan and Piccolo got powers ups that helps

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Being serious though, I don’t mind the freebies characters get over the alternatives. Wishing for power, Frieza training for a few months being enough for him to go from Namek Saga to shit stomping Super Saiyan Blue Goku, etc.

Also universe 7 being the only relevant universe in a bloody multiverse. Total waste of potential. :wow

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also universe 7 being the only relevant universe in a bloody multiverse. Total waste of potential. :wow
Toriyama introduced a whole multiverse with Battle of the Gods and does nothing with them besides 2 tournament arcs. Criminal

Time for them to get out of U7 and actually explore one of the other universes. That would get me hooked as the story arc for the manga

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well given The movie did well and Gohan and Piccolo got powers ups that helps
Wish them (and Broly if you want to count him as now part of the good guys) weren’t introduced so late.

Imagine if Piccolo and Gohan got those power ups before the Tournament of Power

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Toriyama left out 4 universes from the tournament

probably to do something with them………eventually

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Wish them (and Broly if you want to count him as now part of the good guys) weren’t introduced so late.

Imagine if Piccolo and Gohan got those power ups before the Tournament of Power
true this is what happens when you got nigs there who don't plan shit out

it would've been hyped as hell

waiting.gif

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

They were exempt solely because of their higher mortal level, not because of their strength, so unless that gets retconned into them suddenly being uber strong, Toriyama's probably forgotten harder about their existence then he has about Hit. :tupac Only guy he hasn't forgotten, for whatever reason, is cardboard personality Jiren.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Mountain height Devimon? (all while he shows images CLEARLY showing Devimon ISN'T as tall as the mountain)
Has Bob given us a new height meme to join the likes of 30 foot Escanor? :maybe

Also Leomon > Metal Gear because Adults stagger Devimon who is BIGGER than Ray?
Ignoring the fact Excelsus isn't much smaller than Devimon, what the fuck does their size matter? :kobeha

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They were exempt solely because of their higher mortal level, not because of their strength, so unless that gets retconned into them suddenly being uber strong, Toriyama's probably forgotten harder about their existence then he has about Hit. :tupac Only guy he hasn't forgotten, for whatever reason, is cardboard personality Jiren.
Cardboard personality sure, but Hit never once garnered the amount of hype Jiren had and lived up to.

Both his major fights with Goku broke the Internet. Literally. Sites like Crunchroll crashed both times from so many people watching the episode at the same time.

Mexico was advertising and treating Goku vs Jiren like it was a real life match

_oDYASK27zhATANXSjBmugQoYQWykGg3hlP3AfjG8xA.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Couldn’t they have just used something like Dark Frieza? Because we already got Goku Black. Or perhaps Nigredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back