• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Twitter RN with Toyo
FQWnSP1VQAQH6lm.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Mountain height Devimon? (all while he shows images CLEARLY showing Devimon ISN'T as tall as the mountain)
Has Bob given us a new height meme to join the likes of 30 foot Escanor? :maybe
Now he's literally cherry-picking images to try and make Devimon seem like he's mountain sized and of course shit's only "bad perspective" when it suits him.

Oh and "Meramon isn't city level because that lake isn't city sized" as if Meramon didn't vape said lake from literal MILES away (he was on top of a Mountain, with a forest and a desert in between him and the lake) or that the vaping didn't take SECONDS.

Obviously I should know better than to give this Bob troll the time of day but this shit is ridiculous.

You have to understand these niggas can't into names

Seriously, Toriyama is absolute dogshit at transformation names primarily because he's so fucking LAZY.
Beast for Gohan's new form can actually make sense but not as Gohan Beast. Like The Beast Gohan or The Beast Unchained Gohan would actually make alot of sense for a new name even if it is long.
But Orange Piccolo rather than something that can make sense or Frieza Black rather than yeah Dark Frieza or Negative Frieza or anything? Like come on, Ultra Instinct is like the most unique name we've gotten in awhile and that's sad.

The arcs always start off with solid premises and end up falling flat.
How can anyone be excited for current DB at this point?

I like how the DBS Manga literally wastes everyone's fucking time with it's revelation, thus making it completely fucking pointless.
It's not even a swerve as we was told that Granolah got this power for Frieza to begin with... only for Frieza to basically show up, kill Elec, one shot Goku and Vegeta because of course keep letting the Lizard who has an absurd vendetta against you go free and now be powerful enough to kill you... AGAIN.

Like not even the Anime can salvage this trainwreck and in some cases, I'd rather they just abort the Moro and Granolah Arcs entirely.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Cardboard personality sure, but Hit never once garnered the amount of hype Jiren had and lived up to.

Both his major fights with Goku broke the Internet. Literally. Sites like Crunchroll crashed both times from so many people watching the episode at the same time.

Mexico was advertising and treating Goku vs Jiren like it was a real life match

_oDYASK27zhATANXSjBmugQoYQWykGg3hlP3AfjG8xA.jpg
This is solely to do with the hype generated by Toei for the first clash, in which they combined both episodes where Jiren and Goku clash into one, and gave it stellar animation compared to most of what else was going on.

I'll bet you money if they gave the same kind of effort to Hit, he'd get similar hype. Could you imagine them giving the sakuga treatment for Hit's style and his time abilities? Shit would blow everything else out of the water. :mjlol

@Aurelian what the hell is this?
Like I get it, Kubo isn't everyone's cup of tea and Bleach definitely didn't do so hot and ultimately fell off but to say he's worse than TOYOTARO if he was to do DBS? Really? Fucking Toyotaro?

Fucking bruh? We literally had 2 worthless arcs with traced over fighting scenes with villains who literally did the same shit over and over again. The only way Kubo could make DBS worse is by basically replacing everyone with new characters and making the villains be too OP pieces of shit... which is basically how Moro and Gas/Elec have been with no personality to speak of.

Like seriously, the people going to bat for Toyo as if Kubo is somehow worse is just... wow.
Like shit, Mashima is better than Toyotaro and I mean that Fairy Tail Mashima, literally writing for a paycheck.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

@Aurelian what the hell is this?
Like I get it, Kubo isn't everyone's cup of tea and Bleach definitely didn't do so hot and ultimately fell off but to say he's worse than TOYOTARO if he was to do DBS? Really? Fucking Toyotaro?

Fucking bruh? We literally had 2 worthless arcs with traced over fighting scenes with villains who literally did the same shit over and over again. The only way Kubo could make DBS worse is by basically replacing everyone with new characters and making the villains be too OP pieces of shit... which is basically how Moro and Gas/Elec have been with no personality to speak of.

Like seriously, the people going to bat for Toyo as if Kubo is somehow worse is just... wow.
Like shit, Mashima is better than Toyotaro and I mean that Fairy Tail Mashima, literally writing for a paycheck.
Not gonna lie, I'd much prefer to watch Fairy Tail and its worst moments then read the DBS manga right now. :mjlol

Dragon Ball, like many venerable series, is depleted.

Once the original purposes of the story complete themselves and the franchise sticks around just to make money, it's a zombie.

Not helped by Toriyama's complete and utter refusal to explore the fucking multiverse he created!
This is like One Piece except we don't explore the Grand Line or New World, we only stay in East Blue for the entire series.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
"OH MAN ZAMASU IS SO STRONG AND HE MERGED WITH THE UNIVERSE HOW WILL ANYONE-"
lol Zeno
"OH MAN GRANOLA IS SO STRONG HOW ARE THEY GONNA WIN THIS ONE"
lol Gas
"OKAY WELL, GAS IS SO STRONG NO ONE CAN STOP HIM HOW WILL THEY EVER-"
lol Frieza
this is becoming a terrible habit

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Dragon Ball, like many venerable series, is depleted.

Once the original purposes of the story complete themselves and the franchise sticks around just to make money, it's a zombie.
Sad part is, it didn't have to be that way. By introducing a multiverse, small as it may be, you make the options for what to do astronomically higher, and easier to give it its original purpose back with a new flair. Unfortunately, modern day Toriyama doesn't care, and Toyo is... well, shit at his job. Even when it comes to art, the one thing he's good at, he's tracing his ass off more often than not, which is just downright embarrassing.:kobeha

"OH MAN ZAMASU IS SO STRONG AND HE MERGED WITH THE UNIVERSE HOW WILL ANYONE-"
lol Zeno
"OH MAN GRANOLA IS SO STRONG HOW ARE THEY GONNA WIN THIS ONE"
lol Gas
"OKAY WELL, GAS IS SO STRONG NO ONE CAN STOP HIM HOW WILL THEY EVER-"
lol Frieza
this is becoming a terrible habit

Atleast with Zamasu, it made some damn sense considering how it was in the anime(fuck the Manga) and it really was thematic that the would be Supreme God was ultimately defeated by the Supreme God.

But to literally have 2 fakeouts happen within the same damn arc and the second literally made the entire arc pointless?
Yeah, that's when I and others have a problem. It's fucking Saitama vs. Garou all over again!

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hate on Mashima all you want but he’s killing it with the sequel of his flagship series over Kubo, Toriyama, or Kishi with Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest

Kubo: just the short-lived Burn the Witch spin-off and a single chapter of the new Bleach arc released so far. No certainty if he’s even going to continue. Bleach fandom still alive through this drought only because of Brave Souls

Toriyama: Delivers with the movies but DBS Manga itself has been largely trash that does crappier versions of the anime arcs and its own content being lackluster. Toyotaro is a good artist that replicates Toriyama’s art good enough and that’s about it. Monthly releases.

Kishimoto: Burrito is trash trying to be like DBS Super. Manga art is nothing like Kishi’s and ugly as sin. Can’t see anyone really waiting each month for a chapter of his trash.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest: Fixes some issues with the previous series like an actual ongoing plot and story, Atsuo Ueda replicates Mashima’s style and is objectively better than Toyotaro for not tracing to do so. Series is Bi-Weekly AND while Mashima is doing weekly releases of Edens Zero with it

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Hate on Mashima all you want but he’s killing it with the sequel of his flagship series over Kubo, Toriyama, or Kishi with Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest

Kubo: just the short-lived Burn the Witch spin-off and a single chapter of the new Bleach arc released so far. No certainty if he’s even going to continue. Bleach fandom still alive through this drought only because of Brave Souls

Toriyama: Delivers with the movies but DBS Manga itself has been largely trash that does crappier versions of the anime arcs and its own content being lackluster. Toyotaro is a good artist that replicates Toriyama’s art good enough and that’s about it. Monthly releases.

Kishimoto: Burrito is trash trying to be like DBS Super. Manga art is nothing like Kishi’s and ugly as sin. Can’t see anyone really waiting each month for a chapter of his trash.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest: Fixes some issues with the previous series like an actual ongoing plot and story, Atsuo Ueda replicates Mashima’s style and is objectively better than Toyotaro for not tracing to do so. Series is Bi-Weekly AND while Mashima is doing weekly releases of Edens Zero with it
Meanwhile One Piece is just doing one piece things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back