• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Hate on Mashima all you want but he’s killing it with the sequel of his flagship series over Kubo, Toriyama, or Kishi with Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest
Don't think people hate on him .

People for the most part enjoyed Rave and respect his work ethic .

People hate FT, which is trash, way trashier than the other series you mentioned.

If he's really doing good things with his new shit, good for him, though being better than all of those failed sequels and spinoffs ain't exactly a glowing achievement.

Don't think people hate on him .

People for the most part enjoyed Rave and respect his work ethic .

People hate FT, which is trash, way trashier than the other series you mentioned.

If he's really doing good things with his new shit, good for him, though being better than all of those failed sequels and spinoffs ain't exactly a glowing achievement.

Yeah, there's no hate for Mashima despite how I put it, it was primarily Fairy Tail and the fact people believe his quality dropped due to Fairy Tail itself(primarily because Mashima even admitted Fairy Tail was him just doing what he wanted as a whole).
I have seen people be very cautious about Eden's Zero because of Fairy Tail though.

Though I do find it weird that someone stated that Burn The Witch and the One Shot Hell Arc Intro was "short-lived" when I clearly remember both and people was salivating at Burn The Witch AND the One Shot and desperately wanted more and it may have not been us, but it was definitely alot of people...

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
the_new_frieza_has_come_by_adb3388_dfbgxus-fullview.jpg

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
A lot of the Movie villains had killer designs. Cooler in particular had one of the best transformations in the series.

I wish Tori had taken inspiration from that over just painting Frieza gold and calling it a day
Nigga too busy collecting a check

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
At least Toriyama brought back Broly. Another thing Toyo and Toriyama need to work on is making villains look tough

gCYTcsH.png

^ Gas, Moro, and even Jiren are pretty mid compared to that.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
and then theres majin buu
one minute he's like this
buusaga-850x480.jpg

the next he's like this
MV5BMTMyNjBhZjMtYzRiNy00ZTQxLTgwMmEtMGYxMWRmYzY2OGI4L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk3OTMzOA@@._V1_.jpg

I also like how the position of Buus eyes keep changing
:hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

That mystery 18.

Please be a new Spyro game for consoles. I’m more of a Crash fan but he’s gotten plenty of new stuff in the past few years. Spyro NEEDS a new game now.

INB4 it’s neither and instead a new Skylanders game announcement

:hestonpls

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
At least Toriyama brought back Broly. Another thing Toyo and Toriyama need to work on is making villains look tough

gCYTcsH.png

^ Gas, Moro, and even Jiren are pretty mid compared to that.
To be fair, most DB designs look bad compared to the OG Cooler. :hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If it is a new Spyro, I hope they take more risks this time. Crash 4 was fine (unless your a completionist, than this game is a monster to finish) but they played it too safe and kept it too close to the ND titles to appeal to the nostalgia crowd over really taking advantage of today’s hardware for a grander experience.

To be fair, most DB designs look bad compared to the OG Cooler. :hestonpls
Yup, Cooler set the bar high. Tied with Broly for best movies designs for me.

DBS actually improved Broly too. He looks more badass in Base, Wrathful is an awesome idea, and the barbarian look with his pelt fits his Legendary Super Saiyan form more for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back