• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
10-super-broly-trailer-released-dragon-ball-fighterz_NBvmrVL.jpg

King shit
Might as well post the entire trailer. One of the best

My only complaint is that you can only use his Wrathful form. Should have made it where when you use his Ultimate, he stays in Legendary Super Saiyan for the rest of the match over just losing his chest armor

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
i probably wouldnt even hate super as much without revival of L existing tbh

Frieza was such a great and iconic villain and to bring him back in a dogshit movie just to be a joke sucks so much

Nothing can redeem it, no matter how many forms they give him the damage is done
At least Frieza trolling his way through the Tournament of Power was consistently entertaining, he was one of the highlights of the arc.

But yeah bringing villains back in general is never a good idea, because you run the risk of ruining them if you don't treat them right.
(thinks of 02 and shudders at what became of Vamdemon/Myotismon)

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
not a huge fan of Buu coming back either but he was at least funny for pissing off Beerus in botg

but still issue of him being maybe the most terrifying villain in all of DBZ getting reduced to another joke

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Cell got it the worst with that Cell Max

Lets bring back Cell, but locked in only his worst form, strip away all personality and intelligence, and just make Bio-Broly all over again. I don’t care if the explanation is that he was released incomplete, it still sucks.

What a waste in an otherwise decent movie
i know this isn't toriyma style at all he loves humanoid characters but I really wish his weird insect cocoon would make a comeback, looks incredibly cool

though honestly I think Super Hero should've just been reworked a bit and had Hirudegarn as the villain. He would've fit the big monster role without ruining a past character

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
not a huge fan of Buu coming back either but he was at least funny for pissing off Beerus in botg

but still issue of him being maybe the most terrifying villain in all of DBZ getting reduced to another joke
Buu’s not coming back anyway. He’s already been reincarnated as Uub by the Moro arc meaning Kid or Super Buu effectively no longer even exist

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

At least Buu's turn around was something that happened in the arc itself and he wasn't just brought back years after the fact.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
i know this isn't toriyma style at all he loves humanoid characters but I really wish his weird insect cocoon would make a comeback, looks incredibly cool

though honestly I think Super Hero should've just been reworked a bit and had Hirudegarn as the villain. He would've fit the big monster role without ruining a past character
I would have just settled for a brand new Android that takes some cues off Cell as a successor but with a unique design. And not a big dumb monster either

Recycling Cell after Frieza and Broly already both being recycled (Twice too if you count Frost and Kale) just feels lazy at this point.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
i probably wouldnt even hate super as much without revival of L existing tbh

Frieza was such a great and iconic villain and to bring him back in a dogshit movie just to be a joke sucks so much

Nothing can redeem it, no matter how many forms they give him the damage is done
Don't worry he went from being an evil overlord who'd kill subordinates to wanting to wish he was 5 cm taller. Very cool and epic

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The real reason Toriyama won’t really bring back Cell is for the same reason he basically never shows Super Saiyan 3 anymore.

Their both notoriously hard to draw and animate. Its why Frieza is never drawn in any of his more complex previous forms over his simplistic Final Form and probably why there’s the over-reliance in recolors for transformations in Super

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
the fucked up part is they even brought back wakamoto to voice MAX but he has no lines apart from screaming and even tori realized how huge a fuckup that is with how beloved his portrayal of cell was

Going to be unfortunate to see Dameon Clarke reprising his role as Cell as basically him screaming several times into a mic over stone-cold lines like these.

2:47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back