• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So what’s the deal with anime that Netflix secures the rights to when it comes to DVDs? Do we ever get them on DVD?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So what’s the deal with anime that Netflix secures the rights to when it comes to DVDs? Do we ever get them on DVD?
It probably depends on the region (there are Voltron and Castlevania DVDs here in region 4, and a DVD of the Netflix Blame!, or at least there was; Madman is slowly but surely being subsumed into Crunchyroll).

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
i've actually saw a bunch of people try to claim old animes didn't have fanservice, even some trying to say they were "old anime fans" but were completely unaware that animes back then were even more raw with fanservice than nowadays,niggas would show tits and head explosions on broad day light
Dude city hunter alone is full of fanservice one of the top anime in the 80.

Then there shit like Lum the invader girl. Alien girl in animal stripe bikini for the whole series.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
i've actually saw a bunch of people try to claim old animes didn't have fanservice, even some trying to say they were "old anime fans" but were completely unaware that animes back then were even more raw with fanservice than nowadays,niggas would show tits and head explosions on broad day light
Gunbuster would beg to differ :hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So I just got paid today and am heading to that hobby store tomorrow to pick up Castlevania SotN

Fingers crossed it’s still there. I still have my own disc but that’s all i ever got from my cousin when he gave me his PS1 and games. Id kill for a second copy with the case and manual

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
D924-D674-AFFF-4169-A1-AF-1-B5-C407-F7687.jpg

Toyotaro’s response to the haters :mjlol

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Pretty sure Tenchi Masaki is an "old anime" and it involves not only canonical harems but also canonical incest.

Like the Jurian family tree is more recursive than any European royal line. I'm pretty sure at one point the survival of the universe is contingent on Tenchi banging his aunt so she doesn't murder the goddesses or some shit :skully

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>mori jin says hes using his full power
>still struggling against mubong
>spins yoei so fucking hard and fast he warps space and opens portals to other dimensions in order to summon alternate universe versions of himself to help fight

Man what the fuck is this

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
>mori jin says hes using his full power
>still struggling against mubong
>spins yoei so fucking hard and fast he warps space and opens portals to other dimensions in order to summon alternate universe versions of himself to help fight

Man what the fuck is this
Peak fiction, of course :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back