• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
>RoR
>Beezelbub was all alone
>made friends with Lucifer, Azazel, and Samael
>they all end up killed by satan
>Beezelbubs whole reason for living now is finding out who satan is and killing him
>meets luciers friend lillith
>they agree to hunt for satan together
>spend months attempting to do it
>they confess their love for each other
>turns out there is no satan
>turns out when Beezelbub reaches absolute happiness/love
>he blacks out and kills everyone around him
>he killed lucifer, Azazel and samael
>he also then kills Lillith
>Now he wants someone to kill him so his pain can end

Jesus christ
:hestonpls
:lolwatWhat...?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
>RoR
>Beezelbub was all alone
>made friends with Lucifer, Azazel, and Samael
>they all end up killed by satan
>Beezelbubs whole reason for living now is finding out who satan is and killing him
>meets luciers friend lillith
>they agree to hunt for satan together
>spend months attempting to do it
>they confess their love for each other
>turns out there is no satan
>turns out when Beezelbub reaches absolute happiness/love
>he blacks out and kills everyone around him
>he killed lucifer, Azazel and samael
>he also then kills Lillith
>Now he wants someone to kill him so his pain can end

Jesus christ
:hestonpls
The fuck's this edgy bullshit? :breh

WHY the fuck are demons/fallen angels not allowed to just be badasses who do evil simply because they're fucking evil anymore? Why we gotta turn everyone into whiny little bitches with a death wish?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
The fuck's this edgy bullshit? :breh

WHY the fuck are demons/fallen angels not allowed to just be badasses who do evil simply because they're fucking evil anymore? Why we gotta turn everyone into whiny little bitches with a death wish?
With how they treated my boy Hades, this kind of writing doesn't surprise me in the least.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Oh no, what did they do to Hades?
Made him a Poseidon simp, ignored Persephone's existence, slacked on his backstory and gave him nothing meaningful while basically giving his opponent two meaningful backstory flashbacks, had him fight so similarly to Poseidon that he might as well have been a clone, never had him use his helm of darkness, or even acknowledge it existed, and had him get dominated for most of the fight before he started coming back near the end for a hot minute, just before he jobbed hard to Qin Shi Huang, who the author had an obvious boner for.

It was some of the worst, most insulting trash I've ever read. My boy got done so dirty that it physically hurt. :wow

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
the poseidon fight alone was a good enough reason to dump RoR :russ
Oh, don't get me started on the butchering of Poseidon, and the Japanese swordsman getting bullshit adaptation just so he can clutch an undeserved win against a god of the sea who never manipulates water a single time during the fight. Like, what the fuck? :mjlol

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
dude Herc fight is literally the point for me. :Eye:

Never Looked back again. :mjlol
Herakles losing to a sick punk who did nothing in life other than kill and maim the bodies of defenseless prostitutes. Somehow, along with another eye power, this makes him good enough to outsmart and take down Herakles. Author's on crack. :mjlol

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Funny shit out of all the fight the only Legit Lose and Legit win is the first 2 matches.

Every other matches are just pure bullshit.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Funny shit out of all the fight the only Legit Lose and Legit win is the first 2 matches.

Every other matches are just pure bullshit.
Lu Bu losing to Thor, 100% accurate.

Zeus defeating Adam was the right choice too.

Poseidon being mischaracterized and losing? Garbage.

Herakles losing to Jack the Ripper is a dumpster-fire of a decision, which of course the manga's braindead fanbase don't mind.

Shiva beating some literal who of a sumo wrestler that I can't be fucked to remember the name of? Good choice, even if Shiva is nothing like how he is in myth.

The Buddha... legit shouldn't even be fighting, but him beating the OC demon made sense, sorta.

Hades and what happened to him was some of the most insulting bullshit I've seen in fiction in quite a while.

Overall, manga has been sub-subpar with some truly horrendous writing.

Also, if they were gonna pull in Buddha all along, then why bother bringing in Adam? If that had always been planned, might as well have brought in the big J himself to fight Zeus for humanity instead.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
God damn sitting here trying to wrap my head around 02 power-scaling. 🤦‍♂️

Shit's awkward enough when all I had to keep in mind was that the protagonist' Digimon got stronger throughout the series. Now throw in "these ones also hold back a lot of the time".

I mean they went from needing two attacks just to knock out Meramon (ones that haven't absorbed a ton of energy like the one in 01 did mind you) to Holsmon making MetalGreymon rear back in agony from one attack TWO EPISODES LATER.

Normally that would just be a good look for Meramon but they specifically make a huge deal about them having to "go all out" against MetalGreymon, as if they hadn't been before that point which obviously present a massive headache from a power-scaling perspective.

At least the vindication is nice as someone on FV once tried to call me a liar for saying the Armors were hurting MetalGreymon, which yep they blatantly did. He even specifically made a point of DODGING all the attacks he could. :maybe

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Low test
Adam vs Zeus was peak Kino and Raw might

Christianity scoring the W over the God of God's
Zeus
Zeus ended up winning it in the end though, but did state he would've lost if it were a test of endurance. That being said, if it were Jesus that Zeus was put against, I think it could've been even better.(Also Jesus likely would've won, but that's neither here nor there.) :mjpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back