• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
never seen this happen whether i was in LA or some of the shittier parts of sacramento. I've seen prostitutes and crackheads and obviously California has a huge homeless problem, that's the biggest issue with the state, but I think a lot of shit is just news sensationalism. Day to day it's just a normal place to live. I've spent decent amounts of time in pretty much every part of the state.
I definitely remember homelessness being a problem. Yeah it depended on where you were though to see some wild shit. My dad was in the military so we just lived on base. Now that I think about it some stupid shit happened with some military personnel too, I guess I was too young to think about it that much :skully .

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I definitely remember homelessness being a problem. Yeah it depended on where you were though to see some wild shit. My dad was in the military so we just lived on base. Now that I think about it some stupid shit happened with some military personnel too, I guess I was too young to think about it that much :skully .
i mainly remember just seeing crackheads try to fight street lights. Sad in retrospect but as a kid i didnt get it at all and thought it was funny

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
never seen this happen whether i was in LA or some of the shittier parts of sacramento. I've seen prostitutes and crackheads and obviously California has a huge homeless problem, that's the biggest issue with the state, but I think a lot of shit is just news sensationalism. Day to day it's just a normal place to live. I've spent decent amounts of time in pretty much every part of the state.
aint the homeless issue because of how high the rent is rather than actually people having no money to pay?

:hm

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
aint the homeless issue because of how high the rent is rather than actually people having no money to pay?

Its both, with how bad shit is managed there. Idiots in charge there either deliberating screwing things up, or just straight don't know how money works, or both, from what I've seen.

By the way @OtherGalaxy do you live in the city or outside of one?

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member

probably a combination of both

rent is high especially in the bay area and socal and if you dont already have a good job you're pretty much stuck trying to rent a room out of someones house. An apartment in socal rents for what an entire house does in the non-Bay parts of norcal

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Its both, with how bad shit is managed there. Idiots in charge there either deliberating screwing things up, or just straight don't know how money works, or both, from what I've seen.

By the way @OtherGalaxy do you live in the city or outside of one?
i dont live in a major city but im pretty close to several of the bigger ones in southern california now

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
i mainly remember just seeing crackheads try to fight street lights. Sad in retrospect but as a kid i didnt get it at all and thought it was funny
I remember in hindsight that a some of my friends dads would either cheat or really need to go to an AA meeting :mjlol . I didn't really think about why they got kicked out of the military or why my parents would talk about other family issues.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I remember in hindsight that a some of my friends dads would either cheat or really need to go to an AA meeting :mjlol . I didn't really think about why they got kicked out of the military or why my parents would talk about other family issues.
my dad knew some absolute scumbags growing up and one of them got "honorably" discharged because he got drunk and tried to do a flip off a couch and broke his leg lmfao

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Seeing all this shit talk about Cali

And I was thinking about relocating to LA for my job too :blobfacade

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I will never get annoyed by the fact that people keep saying that Piccolo is a better father than Goku when it comes to Gohan.

>Goku raises him, dies for him twice
>trains with him and attempts to have it so that no matter what happens Gohan will have a safe place to live
>accepts everything he does no issue
"but but piccolo trained him!!!"

I will never get annoyed by the fact that people keep saying that Piccolo is a better father than Goku when it comes to Gohan.

>trains with him and attempts to have it so that no matter what happens Gohan will have a safe place to live

Ignore that Piccolo "training" Gohan at first was literally threatening him to stop crying or he'll kill him, virtually abandon him outside of feeding him a few times and stopping him from rampaging as an Oozaru.
Yeah, Piccolo got better but a better dad than Goku? It's like people miss that outside of TWO TIMES, Gohan has never shown any real anger towards Goku and both of those times was Goku coming off like he was doing something horrific(Leaving Piccolo to die against Cell so they can get stronger to fight him and seemingly causing the Tournament of Power) vs. how extremely icy their first meeting was and how it still wasn't really fixed until after Piccolo sacrificed himself for Gohan(Remember, he literally not only shat on Gohan for not following through on a combination attack on Nappa, he explicitly wanted Gohan to feel absolutely fucked over it.)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Piccolo did die for him against Nappa and nearly so twice against Frieza. And we now know in Super Hero he practically raises Pan himself when Gohan and Videl can’t.

I think the real comparison is their attitudes towards Gohan in the fight with Cell.

Goku’s overconfidence and obsession with Gohan using his latent power took over everything else to the point of suicide when he gave Cell a Senzu Bean and didn’t bat an eye as he was beating Gohan to death since he didn’t consider that Gohan doesn’t have the same fighting spirit and drive as Saiyans. Not unlike a parent who wants their kids to be what they want rather than who they want to be.

Piccolo the whole time was concerned for Gohan’s safety and finally called Goku out on his carelessness to the point where Goku admits he screwed up and apologizes.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Given the consequences of Goku giving Cell a Senzu Bean to make it a “fair fight”: The deaths of 16 and Trunks, Gohan undoubtedly traumatized by the death of the former to bring out his Super Saiyan 2 state, and later Goku’s own death, Piccolo was right.

Gohan could have won as just a Super Saiyan against an exhausted Cell and all the above could have been avoided

Last edited:

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

I just find it funny that Dbz abridged tried taking that seriously in the Cell saga and it made even less sense :skully .

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Piccolo started out a harsh teacher before character development kicked in but now he’s definitely the more responsible father figure to Gohan between the two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back