• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #20: I am Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fucked

It absolutely is. Dude was willing to work with Non-Union Pay, he just wanted Crunchyroll to atleast just talk to the Union VAs use just so people can actually get some damn work(Which was the main reason Union VA liked that Funimation was subsumed into Crunchyroll).

But this truly shows that Crunchyroll is just the new Funimation and doing shit in the same fucked up way.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>tfw this is 100% how a fight between Kumogawa and Accelerator would go

Also I like how you can 100% tell who these sprites are based off of
:hestonpls

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Wait why the fuck does Kumagawa just pull out Excalibur at the end :mjlol
Cause hes a fucking nerd like that. Him and Ajimu make tons of references and shit to other anime and manga
tumblr_inline_plk6jy1Sid1r8u7cb_1280.png

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Forget the sword, I’m wondering why there’s a sprite for DIO’s steamroller randomly there at the start of the vid

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
was reading about Lex Luger (musician not the wrestler) who pretty much set the stage for most of modern rap and

"He then moved on to making music on the PlayStation game MTV Music Generator 3"

:lolwat

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Whats the problem with her?
CDPR jokingly called her a loli (and said that Trigger said that "the loli must stay" in a joking way), and people on social media exploded (the character is as much as a loli a Tatsukmaki from OPM). I'd ignored the entire debacle until this came up, but if you really want to know the full context of the debate...
>I say to a friend that he should watch Edgerunners to find out why Lucy "really wants to stay at your house"
>He says that Trigger is trying to pander to pedos with Rebecca and that they were forcing it on CDPR
>He says that this is "chilling"
>I point out that CDPR treated the whole thing as a joke
>CDPR literally stepped in to put more context on Rebeccas inclusion being more than just "loli"
>Rebecca was a character who was added to the script after it was finished
>CDPR said they regretted saying what they did about Rebecca
>This just makes CDPR look worse
>Points out that the term loli is also falsely used on woman who are short
>This is ignored, because the term loli only has one meaning
>CDPR show the original designs for Rebecca to show that they were comfortable with her design when they say it
>I Point out that part of the shit with lolis is that they act like children and Rebecca acts like an adult
>Doesn't matter because "the word 'loli'" means that Trigger are marketing to pedophiles
>Rebecca is modled off a minor based off clickbait articles not written by CDPR or Trigger and having no quotes from either company
>Trigger making fun of lolicons in at least two of their shows doesn't matter
>Trigger helping Anno & Khara sue Gainax and got the CEO of Gainax arrested for owning actual CP doesn't matter
>Implies I'm a hypocrite for liking and defending Trigger
>Trigger is either evil or stupid for having a loli
>Trigger need to have a statement saying "the loli must stay was a joke"
>When Trigger love making troll statements like this such as "Trigger has never gone into space"
>Rebecca will drive lots of people to turn away from Trigger
>He will never buy or watch anything Trigger related ever again
>I point out that this is the same as saying comedians who get in trouble for making racist jokes deserve to be arrested because even if it's ironic they're still attracting a small minority of cunts
>He said never to speak to me of Trigger again and that this was sickening
>He hasn't spoken to me since yesterday
Better idea: That person isn't a friend, and isn't worth associating with, if they're bringing in a garbage take like that. Especially seeing as we both know the reason why. They did a good job of exposing themselves though. :mjlol
Even if you go through all the mental gymnastics to assume that Trigger are pandering to lolicons (they aren't) then death of the author still applies and you can still enjoy a series regardless of what shit the author thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back