• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #20: I am Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

dcakwcc-41847bcb-b84c-489a-aa7c-5981d134dc38.png

W

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Kamehameha and Naruto hand signs (complete with those tacky Naruto headbands they used to sell) were things kids of my time imitated.

Luffy and Ben 10 both seem like a reach though.

Last edited:

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Imagine pushing MJF toward a world title and you have him feud with somebody like Wheeler fucking Yuta as the warm up. Lmao.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
CDPR jokingly called her a loli (and said that Trigger said that "the loli must stay" in a joking way), and people on social media exploded (the character is as much as a loli a Tatsukmaki from OPM). I'd ignored the entire debacle until this came up, but if you really want to know the full context of the debate...
>I say to a friend that he should watch Edgerunners to find out why Lucy "really wants to stay at your house"
>He says that Trigger is trying to pander to pedos with Rebecca and that they were forcing it on CDPR
>He says that this is "chilling"
>I point out that CDPR treated the whole thing as a joke
>CDPR literally stepped in to put more context on Rebeccas inclusion being more than just "loli"
>Rebecca was a character who was added to the script after it was finished
>CDPR said they regretted saying what they did about Rebecca
>This just makes CDPR look worse
>Points out that the term loli is also falsely used on woman who are short
>This is ignored, because the term loli only has one meaning
>CDPR show the original designs for Rebecca to show that they were comfortable with her design when they say it
>I Point out that part of the shit with lolis is that they act like children and Rebecca acts like an adult
>Doesn't matter because "the word 'loli'" means that Trigger are marketing to pedophiles
>Rebecca is modled off a minor based off clickbait articles not written by CDPR or Trigger and having no quotes from either company
>Trigger making fun of lolicons in at least two of their shows doesn't matter
>Trigger helping Anno & Khara sue Gainax and got the CEO of Gainax arrested for owning actual CP doesn't matter
>Implies I'm a hypocrite for liking and defending Trigger
>Trigger is either evil or stupid for having a loli
>Trigger need to have a statement saying "the loli must stay was a joke"
>When Trigger love making troll statements like this such as "Trigger has never gone into space"
>Rebecca will drive lots of people to turn away from Trigger
>He will never buy or watch anything Trigger related ever again
>I point out that this is the same as saying comedians who get in trouble for making racist jokes deserve to be arrested because even if it's ironic they're still attracting a small minority of cunts
>He said never to speak to me of Trigger again and that this was sickening
>He hasn't spoken to me since yesterday
That sucks, i hate discussing with people that have no intention of a honest talk

I'm going to throw in a loaded opinion here:

People primarily state that they hate scripted promos because some wrestlers need to be able to actually say what they want and get the crowd behind them without feeling being chained to the script...

HOWEVER, I think that AEW have given us 3 reasons why some wrestlers need scripted promos:

Hopefully they don't auto-play while I have them in spoilers...
But yeah, some wrestlers do need scripted promos until they can actually speak well or get a damn manager and allow them to get the jitters out of their system beforehand(unless they have zero charisma at all).

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Judging by the body structure and proximity to the atlantic ocean, it appears to be an elephant seal
One person thought it was a manatee which we have a lot of in Florida but nah, Manatees couldn’t move like that nor ever be on land and they have tails that almost look like paddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back