• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #20: I am Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_fire

Distinguished
It utterly boggles my mind that Tony Khan has guys like Wardlow, Miro, Hobbs, Starks, Hook, and so on on his roster but instead of them we see fucking Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia every week, along with matches that happen just to happen. Again, he just doesn't know who to push as a star.

Look at me and Nihilus for example. We know who our stars are with our audience. That's why most of the show's stories revolve around Jedah, Goku, Vegeta, Dark Schneider, Palpatine, Thanos, Shao Kahn, Darkseid, Teresa, Lina, Motoko, and a few others. Each individual among them is not always featured, but some combination of them are always there. We get our stars on the show and in important stories.

If Tony hired us as bookers he'd have a better show because we understand the concept of what to do. And we're just a CAW fed. You mean to tell me he can't hire good writers?
There is a Problem with your claim though. This kind of mindset works with an actual wrestling promotion. Vidya wrassle is another thing entirely.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
bb8e8e4798db71a4f8dd777fbdd24e83.jpg

typical sf rivalry :russ :mjlol

Platinum

Illustrious

Going to do a quick stream if you want to watch with us.

Going to do a quick stream if you want to watch with us.
Plat, you play Orcusts?

Leaving the dumpster fire that was RAG aside (seriously, that was cringe AF), the Cyberpunk anime looked incredibly interesting

The puppet show was cool. Not my style, but it's a different approach on storytelling

She's honestly completely right.
There are so many African Mythological Beings to use(Like Anansi whose honestly pretty badass and you can literally make a movie out of him) and even Black Comics Characters you can use without white-washing whatsoever(There is literally Steel and Icon for 2 easy top of the head examples) and if you don't want to use them?

Create your own. White People have literally made every single character type from under the sun and done so with many reasons, including actually looking into the places and mythology to accurately make their characters true to life as possible.

It's as exactly as she says: Black People(or the ones on Twitter) refuse to make their own and instead just want to white wash because they are too lazy to even try. And that's before you even get to Black Writers not making Black Characters simply because they just don't want to and you have companies then stick them onto Black Characters for "woke points" and "sake of diversity" which pigeonhole them to characters they hate and then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back