• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #21: The Power of Delusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Prime Bait material
You aint seen bait yet. this is True Bait
Screenshot_5.png

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Ebern's German though. :kobeha

Like not being able to pronounce it is one thing, but you think they could have tried a little harder to not make it sound like he was reading off a script. :maybe

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i plan to make an emulators project guide, but, for now, i can tell, the names of the emulators for the various consoles and all, let's begin

for ps2 = pcsx2

for ps3 = rpcs3

for ps1 = epsxe

for gamecube and wii games = dolphin

for psp = ppsspp

for switch = yuzu

for dreamcast = flycast

for wiiu = cemu

for saturn and snes = mednafen = can also play ps1, gba and nes games

for xbox = xemu

for xbox360 = xenia

enjoy :yousmart

Ebern's German though. :kobeha

Like not being able to pronounce it is one thing, but you think they could have tried a little harder to not make it sound like he was reading off a script. :maybe

The Japanese really have a bad time with German, even happens in Fate/Stay Night which is hilarious as quite a few characters chant German when using Magecraft which is fucking hilarious.

he couldn't concentrate and keep it together, cuz

people thought he was arrancar in a new outfit = next gen and stronger red haired d-roy levels :mjlol

Ebern's Rapeface is already becoming a meme which makes him far better than D-Roy alone lol.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Japanese really have a bad time with German, even happens in Fate/Stay Night which is hilarious as quite a few characters chant German when using Magecraft which is fucking hilarious.
At least Rin doesn't sound like a robot when she's chanting, she at least sounds like she knows what she's saying.

Just hoping the Nazis (several of which actually are German) sound a bit better with all the German terms later.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That may be true but I'm just saying it's fucking hilarious seeing that happen even at the best of times.
Yeah but it can be distracting, especially if the character is supposed to be fluent in the language (which obviously Ebern isn't which is why I give him some leeway).

Like when I was watching the Digimon movie Hurricane Touchdown and listening to Wallace (an American and therefore a Native English speaker) try to speak English. All while clearly sounding like a Japanese person desperately trying to speak English and failing miserably at it.

Doesn't break the movie or anything, it just takes me out of the film a bit.

Yeah but it can be distracting, especially if the character is supposed to be fluent in the language (which obviously Ebern isn't which is why I give him some leeway).

Like when I was watching the Digimon movie Hurricane Touchdown and listening to Wallace (an American and therefore a Native English speaker) try to speak English. All while clearly sounding like a Japanese person desperately trying to speak English and failing miserably at it.

Doesn't break the movie or anything, it just takes me out of the film a bit.

Nah, I can agree with that, it's one of those things that nag me alot. Sucks too as there are Japanese VA that can speak english really good but they aren't the ones usually used...

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
"Bu, but Ebern is featless and totally weak sauce 'cause Ichigo wanted to take him alive and therefore held back on his Getsuga. "

Actual FV Bleach section argument. :kobeha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back